**** Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O'Hara) **** Updated (10/8/19)

Comments

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Feels good to be Shield Training ready.  B)
  • kennn712
    kennn712 Posts: 69 Match Maker
    What's the difference in level 4 and level 5 or his black skill? I assume there has been a typo

• Level 4: Deals 1533 damage...and converts up to 4 Web tiles into 1-turn Countdown tiles that deal 2706 damage...
    • Level 5: Deals 1533 damage...and converts up to 4 Web tiles into 1-turn Countdown tiles that deal 2706 damage...
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    With my MMR streak, I don't have a hope of getting 5 Torch covers via bons hero in the next week or two. Guess I'll just settle for champing 4 star Juggernaut and Devil Dino and join the squad kvetching at D3 for requiring heroes who haven't been in freaking tokens for more than a week as a required character in SHIELD Training.
  • ZommyGD
    ZommyGD Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Have always been a fan of Spidey 2099.
    And now he’s here with a new Story event, yes!
    Thanks, D3!
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    DarthDeVo said:
    I'm going with a 5/5/3 build.  Those extra three web tiles are going to be tasty and sticky. I wonder if this power stacks with IW Spidey's passive? If it does, there would be 5 web tiles created for every blue match. 

That extra 75% damage will also be helpful and it's going to be easy to stun all your oponents with Miles' passive ap gains.

Has it even been confirmed if we can play 2099 and IronSpider at the same time?
    They're two entirely different people (Miguel O'Hara and Peter Parker), shouldn't be an issue. We can play Peter Parker and Miles Morales together, don't see why it shouldn't be the same with 2099 and other Spider-folk.

Bruce Banner and Amadeus Cho also believe that there shouldn't be an issue...
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2019
    That 75% additional damage over 4 turns sounds great. Might be a new favorite against a 51% Thor, but mostly versus Kitty or Bishop or Hammer Cap.
    Since we can place that CD it should remain much safer than a randomly placed CD.

If we are to believe there is a typo on the level 5 damage of his Uprising black ability, I'm not sure you could afford to set this at level 3. Hopefully we get clarification soon. 
    I'm guessing the initial target damage is a bit higher at level 5 and the CD damage remains at 2706 --->
    EDIT: Nope! Wow that corrected amount is crazy potential damage at level 5. Can't see this being set lower now.

Also, quite sure Okoye will Not add to his passive yellow damage on black and blue (and yellow) matches. That sounds way OP and it will likely be excluded similar to how Juggernaut's AoE damage is treated / not boosted. 
    Strike tiles though... 
    EDIT: I'm wrong again! It sounds like Okoye does add to his passive yellow damage. Oh man, fun to use, yes that's true. But. so awful to face against. Wow this is a very big deal. 
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    pheregas said:
    Seriously?  Torch required?  Way to alienate the majority of players for an Anniversary-related event.  

Yup! Whales and the lucky few will get the free cover from completing shield training.  Gotta love the way they treat us!  Still kitty about the continued lack of communication!  Currently about to hit 2100 days playing and wondering why I waste my time with the way they are treating the player base!!! 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,650 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    I'm going with a 5/5/3 build.  Those extra three web tiles are going to be tasty and sticky. I wonder if this power stacks with IW Spidey's passive? If it does, there would be 5 web tiles created for every blue match. 

That extra 75% damage will also be helpful and it's going to be easy to stun all your oponents with Miles' passive ap gains.

They're two entirely different people (Miguel O'Hara and Peter Parker), shouldn't be an issue. We can play Peter Parker and Miles Morales together, don't see why it shouldn't be the same with 2099 and other Spider-folk.

It's in the main name. If they name the character different you can use them together. 

This one is Spiderman 2099, not Spiderman. They should be able to play together.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    DarthDeVo said:

It's in the main name. If they name the character different you can use them together. 

This one is Spiderman 2099, not Spiderman. They should be able to play together.
    I mean...  They've been in the same comic in the same place at the same time, so one would hope that they could play together...

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,650 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas said:
    tiomono said:
    DarthDeVo said:

I mean...  They've been in the same comic in the same place at the same time, so one would hope that they could play together...

4* wasp and 5* wasp are different people too.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    DarthDeVo said:

Oh, it's that the distinction. Makes more sense than my answer. 😋
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    wymtime said:
    Brigby said:
    *Updated article with ability and event details
    Thanks for the update.  For uprising you have power level 4 and 5 with the exact same numbers. One might need some adjusting
    Just updated it to the correct level 5 values. Thanks for the heads up!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,216 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    In case anyone was wondering.....  adding Spidey 2099 will make your odds of pulling a specific non-bonused 4 from a CP store 0.988%.

What's that?  You'd like some more 4's?  Don't worry, they'll come soon enough.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Those numbers look high for 270 but I have never focused on the average damage in 4* tier. Someone's else might know better?

That's a total of 18758 damage for 9 Black ap, if everything goes off.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Those numbers look high for 270 but I have never focused on the average damage in 4* tier. Someone's else might know better?

That's a total of 18758 damage for 9 Black ap, if everything goes off.
    HoboFist does just under 11K for 12 black AP, but he doesn't need Web tiles to set that up or Countdowns to survive or anything. And if you do have the same degree of set-up, he makes a bunch of Strike tiles as well. Given the extra hoops Miguel has to jump through there, that doesn't feel too unreasonable to me.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you for the comparison.

His web tiles could be created in two turns so the tradeoff isn't that bad. Even if 3 CD tiles get matched off, the total damage would still be 8387. It's quite decent.

I think I'll go with 5/5/3 if I team him up with IW Spidey and Miles: two stunners and lots of web tiles which give passive aps for matching web tiles. 

• IIAlonditeII
    IIAlonditeII Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Will his Yellow trigger if he is the one tanking the specified Colors?