**** Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O'Hara) **** Updated (10/8/19)

IceIXIceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,339 Site Admin
edited 8 October 2019, 21:04 in MPQ Character Discussion
"A symbol of hope in dystopian 2099, Miguel O'Hara inherited the mantle of Spider-Man after a corporate lab accident granted him spider-like abilities. Now he fights the oppressive mega-corporations of Nueva York, inspiring its citizens to rise up against their tyrannical yolk."

Note: The numbers for the character are still going through a few final tweaks, so we'll be updating those later. For now, you'll be able to see how the character works mechanically.

008-Spider-Man-2099-1000x523-Website-Banner-BlueWhitejpg

4-Star Rarity (Legendary)
Affiliations: Heroes, Spider-Verse
bluetilepng yellowtilepngblacktilepng

(Abilities listed at level 70, followed by 270)
3779 Health / 13995 Health
yellowtilepng 37 |  9 | bluetilepng 42 | purpletilepng 8 | greentilepng 10 |blacktilepng 33 |  23 |  4x
yellowtilepng 74 |  12 | bluetilepng 85 | purpletilepng 11 | greentilepng 13 |blacktilepng 65 |  43 |  4x

Spider Bite
 - 8 bluetilepng AP
Miguel bites his foe, injecting them with a paralytic toxin that leaves them vulnerable. Stuns the target for 1 turn, then converts a chosen tile into an 3-turn Countdown tile. The target takes 15% additional damage as long as the Countdown tile is on the board.
  • Level 2: ...Countdown tile. The target takes 25% additional damage...
  • Level 3: Stuns the target for 2 turns, then...
  • Level 4: Stuns the target for 3 turns, then...into a 4-turn Countdown tile. The target takes 30% additional damage...
  • Level 5: Stuns the target for 4 turns, then...tile. The target takes 75% additional damage...
Harbinger of Heroes - yellowtilepng Passive
(PASSIVE) A champion of a past age, Spider-Man is always willing to help heroes fight the good fight. Whenever a friendly Hero makes a Black or Blue match, creates 1 Green, Purple, or Red Web tiles and deals 235 damage.
  • Level 2: ...or Red tile and deals 380 damage.
  • Level 3: ...creates 2 Green, Purple, or Red Web tiles...
  • Level 4: ...creates 3 Green, Purple, or Red Web tiles and deals 488 damage.
  • Level 5: ...friendly Hero makes a Black, Blue, or Yellow match...Web tiles and deals 633 damage.
Uprising - 9 blacktilepng AP
Miguel launches a vicious attack upon his foes, driving those around him to rise up against their oppressors. Deals 1082 damage and converts up to 2 Web tiles into 1-turn Countdown tiles that deal 1876 damage to a random enemy.
  • Level 2: Deals 1262 damage to the target...1-turn Countdown tiles that deal 2309 damage to a random enemy.
  • Level 3: ...and converts up to 3 Web tiles into 1-turn Countdown tiles...
  • Level 4: Deals 1533 damage...and converts up to 4 Web tiles into 1-turn Countdown tiles that deal 2706 damage...
  • Level 5: Deals 1623 damage...and converts up to 5 Web tiles into 1-turn Countdown tiles that deal 3427 damage...

Recruit Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O'Hara)

S.H.I.E.L.D. Training Heroes for Hire
Starts: October 10, 2019, 7:00am
Ends: October 17, 2019, 7:00am
Price: 7000 HP

Contents:
  • Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy) Purple Cover
  • Spider-Man (Infinity War) Blue Cover
  • 16x Elite tokens
  • 6 Command Points
  • 20,000 Iso-8
Spider-Man 2099 & Friends
Starts: October 13, 2019, 7:00am
Ends: October 18, 2019, 2:00am
80 Item Vault

Contents:
  • Legendary token
  • 3x Beginner Support tokens
  • Random Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O'Hara) Cover
  • 2x random 4-Stars from the following (Human Torch (Jim Hammond), Spider-Gwen, Spider-Man (Infinity War))
  • 21x 3-Stars (3x featured, 18x random)
  • 52x 2-Stars (10x featured, 42x random)

Event Schedule

Lost in Time
Starts: October 10, 2019, 7:00am
Ends: October 14, 2019, 2:00am
  • Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O'Hara) in Placement Rewards

S.H.I.E.L.D. Training
Starts: October 10, 2019, 7:00am
Ends: October 17, 2019, 7:00am
  • Rewards tokens to Lost in Time, random cover of Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O'Hara), and more
Featured Event:
Webbed Wonder
Starts: October 13, 2019, 7:00am
Ends: October 18, 2019, 2:00am
  • Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O'Hara) as a Progression Reward
  • Rewards tokens to the Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O'Hara) & Friends vault

Versus Tournament:
Future Shock
Starts: October 13, 2019, 8:00am
Ends: October 16, 2019, 3:00pm
  • Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O'Hara) as a Progression Reward
  • Rewards tokens to the Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O'Hara) & Friends vault

Comments

• thedarkphoenixthedarkphoenix Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    Oh nice not a 5
  • mbarenmbaren Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Errr.  With regards to his yellow.... isn't he a champion of a *future* age?  Not a past one?
  • JHawkIncJHawkInc Posts: 1,988 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rad, web tile user that can actually make use of the blue Miles generates. And a web tile user that touches on newer colors in general. Hopefully his yellow works well with Miles, Gwen and/or Iron Spidey, could be a fun web-tile combo. Glad he's a 4 so he'll work with them in general, and there's a chance to get him covered to play around with in matches.

Curious to see who our Anniversary 5 is going to be, since we're off-pattern a little by making Miguel a 4.
  • IceIXIceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,339 Site Admin
    mbaren said:
    Errr.  With regards to his yellow.... isn't he a champion of a *future* age?  Not a past one?
    He likes time hopping and helping those in the past, hence their champion. Stupid time travel messing with nouns.
  • skittledaddyskittledaddy Posts: 389 Mover and Shaker
    Can we assume he and IWSpidey will lock each other out? Or not because they are different people?
    I love me my "Team Webs" (IWSpidey/Miles/SpGwen) and need to know who Spider2099 might replace.
    Depending on damage values, that Black power could be nasty.
  • blankcanvasblankcanvas Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Is Miguel a limited 4* similar to last year's anniversary of giving us a character badly wanted but then making it impossible to earn covers???
  • tiomonotiomono Posts: 1,343 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fairly disappointed he is not a 5* so we could have a web partner for Peter in 5* land.

Still very happy to have Miguel in the game though.
    Is Miguel a limited 4* similar to last year's anniversary of giving us a character badly wanted but then making it impossible to earn covers???
    Devs confirmed on Discord that Spidey2099 is a "normal" char, not a Limited char.
    Devs confirmed on Discord that Spidey2099 is a "normal" char, not a Limited char.
    thank you!! looks an excellent pairing with his fellow spiders at 4*

let's not mention dilution  :D 
  • wymtimewymtime Posts: 3,148 Chairperson of the Boards
    So he Lue looks interesting especially paired with 5* Parker adding web tiles.  I do wish he was a 5* and it seems we are going an extra 4* release this cycle.  

Looking forward to anniversary week and remember we like feeders and buffing old 5* to make them relevant in the game
  • DyingLegendDyingLegend Posts: 653 Critical Contributor
    I cant keep up with all these character releases.... :(
  • BorstockBorstock Posts: 1,212 Chairperson of the Boards
    He looks like a potential monster with other Spidey characters. I love it. I love the Spideys in this game. 
  • St_BernadusSt_Bernadus Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    So is the oppression in 2099 really egg based?
    So is the oppression in 2099 really egg based?
    You must be yolking...
  • St_BernadusSt_Bernadus Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    A fowl ploy.
  • zodiac339zodiac339 Posts: 1,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    What confuses me is we got A Star Is Reborn, and MAXimum Time. Are those for this guy? Were they clueing SM2099? This seems off.
  • TPF AlexisTPF Alexis Posts: 3,340 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX said:
    mbaren said:
    He likes time hopping and helping those in the past, hence their champion. Stupid time travel messing with nouns.
    Nothing messes with grammar like time travel ;)
    My mind immediately jumps to Iron Spidey/Miles as his teammates, but I'm sure there are some other good ones as well.
  • spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Posts: 390 Mover and Shaker
    Ooooh, we now have complete rainbow coverage with Web Warrior teams!
    I like this character!
  • jameshjamesh Posts: 1,418 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does the yellow passive only apply to team mates with the "Heroes" affiliation, or is that just flowery language?