Options
13»

Comments

• Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
     Mburn7 said:

M20:   2 Months and counting  

So this delay, while substantial compared to recent history is not the longest ever.  Hibernium in the early days did take significantly longer to port sets over.  That being said this is the longest gap we've had since Kaladesh, which makes it the largest ever seen by a large portion of the player base.

@bken1234 I still don't like your example of the Ixalan wait time, though, since that was the longest by far and due to the studio going out of business.  If that's what we're seeing parallels to now, its definitely worrying to me.
    2 Months and 8 days as of today ;) . One particular note though, when Oktagon took over the grace period was due to some major adjustments trying to get Hibernium's stuff and theirs to mesh into a cohesive and playable game by January 2018. Today they have instituted VIP in June to increase some income and M20 is the first set to see the result of that increased cash flow. They have to get it right this time around. No major bugs, no constant series of glitches, no PW not working when released, simply a smooth release of the set. Because if they don't all of you will rip them to shreds in here and rightfully so. I can easily see them taking their time to provide a better product. If I remember right many of us had said that to Oktagon many a time... "rather you took the time to get it right than just dump it into the app loaded with bugs" something that could have been avoided had they taken the time in the first place, no? 

• morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    yes longer but few glitches is better but at least and update saying why it is taking so long is not a lot to ask
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    morgue427 said:
    yes longer but few glitches is better but at least and update saying why it is taking so long is not a lot to ask
    That would be ideal, but very out of character for Octagon.

Much more likely they tell us nothing until "Suprise it's released tomorrow with a million new bugs!" And that will be the topic of our new outrage for a few weeks.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    morgue427 said:
    That would be ideal, but very out of character for Octagon.

Much more likely they tell us nothing until "Suprise it's released tomorrow with a million new bugs!" And that will be the topic of our new outrage for a few weeks.

But the length of time being taken to release it is also out of character for Oktagon. That and it is their first set affected by the VIP influx. Hopefully they applied it to making the game better and release something without many, hopefully no bugs. Also we have no idea if a new event or two is being worked on. If so that takes additional time and effort  Something we all have complained about numerous times is the lack of new events. I'm trying to stay positive about this and approach the new set with excitement rather than prepared resentment. What's the fun in that?

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Gunmix25 - I like your vision and I’m rooting for it to be true!
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm on board with most people here in saying the lack of communication is frustrating. 

I'm really bummed out about being an entire set behind and get piddly stuff in between like Wrenn & Six. While I commend the creativity I'd rather catch up to the current releases. I was so hyped up for WAR and by the time we actually got it all the luster was gone. Now we've been waiting 2 months for M20 which I have 0 excitement about and the new fun looking set ELD will suffer the same fate was WAR. If we can get through M20 with some liveable bugs I'd really like to see them get to ELD in a timely manner. 
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    I'm on board with most people here in saying the lack of communication is frustrating. 

I'm really bummed out about being an entire set behind and get piddly stuff in between like Wrenn & Six. While I commend the creativity I'd rather catch up to the current releases. I was so hyped up for WAR and by the time we actually got it all the luster was gone. Now we've been waiting 2 months for M20 which I have 0 excitement about and the new fun looking set ELD will suffer the same fate was WAR. If we can get through M20 with some liveable bugs I'd really like to see them get to ELD in a timely manner. 
    I do empathize with you there.  At the rate Wizards is going with releases, by the time it is released for Puzzle Quest it's already like 3 sets behind and the excitement is dulled.  Feels like reading last week's newspaper lol
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    @Gunmix25, I like your outlook.  A variety of new events would definitely spice the game up for sure.

Maybe some additional storymode would be neat too ;)
  • greenmeanie
    greenmeanie Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Gunmix25

Maybe some additional storymode would be neat too ;)
    They could add some new pws to battle in the Heroic challenge.  Maybe battle for Ixalan mode.