New Story(?) Event: Gwen Prix

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is there anyone whose Magik is at 12 covers but the reward turns out to be a saved cover instead of a cover that allow you to champ her? It seems there's a 100% champing rate. Mine was.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is there anyone whose Magik is at 12 covers but the reward turns out to be a saved cover instead of a cover that allow you to champ her? It seems there's a 100% champing rate. Mine was.
    Me.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought the system will give you the colour you need the most, like the occasional pop-up H4H store when your character is at 12 covers.  :D 

Hope it turns out better for you the next time the event is being run again. 

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thems the breaks. Illyana will just have to wait.
  • lvsmr2
    lvsmr2 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    DAZ0273 said:
    Me.
    Me too
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Magik is 3/5/1, and my reward was a red cover. Blah.
    Still, overall a fun event, and even though the "fanfics" were super short they were still amusing to read. I hope this becomes a regular event alongside DDQ!
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    It was a fun event. Scaling was just right, not too hard, but one or two fights weren't too easy either. Hope it stays/returns as a regular addition soon.
    Also wish it was possible to play all the nodes at once, and play the other side (no rewards needed, or maybe some token amount of Iso or whatever, if you insist :smile: ).
    Also also wish those 5 (or 10) nodes didn't take 5 days to recycle, but 2 or 3. Oh well. Beggars can't be choosers. 
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    This was an amazingly fun experience!
    the writing was notch, the coloring was groovy. Strange’s dialogue was the best! I caught on too late by a day that I COULD read both sides and I savored the choice but made my decisions on purely fanboi fantasy.  and picked all my teams appropriately:stayed in char but the loaners would wipe everytime, with my own champs Storm cleared the room a couple times and every day was a fun challenge.

I would shuffle it so that you have to fight the ‘pool for the final day. Could you add another day with wave nodes and call it the Annual-sized editions? COSTUMES!! plural.
    I would enjoy this on the full regs. Kudos to the team! 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, this was a really nice little side event. I'd def like to see it become a regular thing.
    The no stun characters get annoying to me in events where you have to face them a bunch of times (Support Circuit, Basilica), but in a one-off like this with plenty of time to try them, I like that it gives a little more challenge. It's just too easy to stun-lock a single target.
  • Zombionicdoom
    Zombionicdoom Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Really really enjoyed this event. I liked the challenge that some of the nodes posed and felt rewarded appropriately. Chose a Magick cover so she’s only one cover away from being champed 😁
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Excellent event! Hoping to see it again every week. Only one thing to change, for the early nodes. Ok 1000iso as rewards, but please no more Elite tokens, since they are guarantee 99% a 2* cover....what about a support token instead? 
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 497 Mover and Shaker

Kudos on rolling out the Gwen Prix! I only read the humor stuff, so this event would join Webbed Wonder and DP vs MPQ as must-read (and re-read) literature.  I like that we could pick and choose the prize and opposition, but it's certainly not clear that one can enter a node and then exit to choose/glance at the other one.  My only real problem is that I feel the scaling exceeded my usable roster -- I really don't like to have to get lucky to win a match.

As an aside, with 88 four stars (excluding Mjölnir Cap), I'd prefer to be able to get 4-star covers at a faster rate, akin to the way that we're able to reliably/consistently get 3-star covers in DDQ.  Granted it'd only be one cover every three months for any specific character...

• spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    I liked it. Run it frequently alongside other PvE events.
  • areacode212
    areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Like I said in a different thread, it would be great if the event stayed up for an extra day for those of us who couldn’t get to play it on Day 5 for the most important reward. I did receive a notification, but it came at the beginning of Day 4. 

I’m 60% mad for missing the 4* cover and 40% mad for not getting to read the last fics!!!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I were to have suggestions, I'd say dont fully lock the chosen node after completion. It would be cool to try other combos and characters, especially in the 1v1 node. No further points or rewards of course, just to be able to experiment.

It could work like the loaner node in Shield Training like that. In fact, if there were a reward-less chance to play the other side even, that could be interesting.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    I’m 60% mad for missing the 4* cover and 40% mad for not getting to read the last fics!!!
    Fortunately for you, I screen-grabbed the fics (well, day's 1, 2, 3 & 5...I somehow missed 4.  Opps):

Top: 
    Iron Cuisine:
    "Affordable iron suits sure revolutionized the world," Peter thought.  "I would've never thought we'd resolve conflicts like this."  He strode into the kitchen Colosseum where Pepper, Tony, and Riri awaited him.  All raised their paring knives.  Only one would walk away as an iron chef.
    (opponents are 4* Riri Williams, 5* Rescue & 5* Iron Man - awards random Riri cover)

Bottom: 
    Strange Magic:
    "That is why Mordo seeks to destroy us," Doctor Strange explained to Nico and Magik.  "He fears magic's greatest strength: the ability to handwave logic and simply claim that a wizard did it."
    (opponents are 4* Magik, 5* Doctor Strange and 4* Nico Minuro - awards a random Magik cover)

(Edit: just as a note, the parenthetical items are mine, the others are quoted exactly as they were in-game)
  • Tarelgeth
    Tarelgeth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    I greatly enjoyed this event and wish to see it run regularly alongside Deadpool.

I like it. Another!  *mug smash*
  • Kletvar
    Kletvar Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Great event. More please ! :D