Basilica event still annoying

Comments

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used Agent Venom on round 8. I got a heavy red board so I snagged as much red as I could then fired that off. Once the reds cleared off I grabbed all of the blacks then kept firing those. Naptime for the Sandman.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    My IW Spidey actually lost to Sandy this time around but I  managed to take him out with Hulkbuster, that red still hits hard.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Well, these 1v1 nodes are definitely harder than fighting Hydro-Man and Molten-Man. Because of my roster scaling I had to fight lvl 511 Sandman & Venom, which wasn't a walk in a park. I wiped two times until I managed to beat them with IW Cap & JJ.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    I really wish the 1v1 nodes had a maximum level.

I'm glad that I can nope out of these battles once the nutso scaling kicks in and still easily hit progression, and my ally is strong so we are already finished as I type this.

I continue to think that an enemy that is so strong that your only option is to be invisible or heal all the time (pour one out for pre-nerf OML), then it's no longer a puzzle.  It's just annoying.

EDIT:  On a whim I tried a 518 Venom with Kitty who has Chewie equipped.  Spammed attack tiles and won easily, but Venom is pretty lame.
  • 111MCH111
    111MCH111 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    This alliance team event is doable with 4* champions. Until now in Round 5, I have consistently downed Molten and Hydro man with IM40, Vulture and Carol4*.
    The 1 vs 1 are toughest. My 5* can’t cope but the boosted Miles Morales with extra purple did the trick. Any advice which other character is best for 1 on 1? Greetings 111MCH111, Alliance TeamAwesome, 
  • shardwick
    edited September 2019
    111MCH111 said:
    This alliance team event is doable with 4* champions. Until now in Round 5, I have consistently downed Molten and Hydro man with IM40, Vulture and Carol4*.
    The 1 vs 1 are toughest. My 5* can’t cope but the boosted Miles Morales with extra purple did the trick. Any advice which other character is best for 1 on 1? Greetings 111MCH111, Alliance TeamAwesome, 
    I'm using Iron Spidey. Collect red while you flood the board with web tiles and then one shot the enemy.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    111MCH111 said:
    I'm using Iron Spidey. Collect red while you flood the board with web tiles and then one shot the enemy.
    Good luck one-shotting a level 537 Kingpin.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Miles works great against that Fi5k
  • 111MCH111
    111MCH111 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler

B) Miles Morales downed Fi5k lvl 398

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the tip about Miles, That node had me going nuts.

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wiped like 6 times including with Miles, finally Cap Mar5el did the trick (Go figure).
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    IW Spidey is awesome in 1v1 nodes. I tried him against Sandman. Even though he rendered IW Spidey's defensive ability useless via stun, the amount of web tiles generated should be able to 1HKO Sandman.
    That depends on the level of opponent. Lvl 530 Sandman against lvl 420 IW Spidey doesn’t work. I know as that was one of my wipes. Nonetheless, this is so much more interesting than the usual event.

spoiler - Jessica Jones did the job first time 
  • shardwick
    Bowgentle said:
    shardwick said:
    111MCH111 said:
    Good luck one-shotting a level 537 Kingpin.
    That's why I prefer 4* land. :)
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hate this alliance event..... 

The rewards aren't worth the effort. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rod5 said:
    IW Spidey is awesome in 1v1 nodes. I tried him against Sandman. Even though he rendered IW Spidey's defensive ability useless via stun, the amount of web tiles generated should be able to 1HKO Sandman.
    That depends on the level of opponent. Lvl 530 Sandman against lvl 420 IW Spidey doesn’t work. I know as that was one of my wipes. Nonetheless, this is so much more interesting than the usual event.

spoiler - Jessica Jones did the job first time 
    Yeah I'm surprised at how efficient JJ is 1:1, I didn't expect that.
  • Draconian
    Draconian Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    IM40, R&G 3*, If3* or blade for molten and switch IF for draken  s hydro and give him a support that boosts one of hydro's off colors. I won 95% of the time and used team ups maybe twice.

• Fuzzbap
    Fuzzbap Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Really having trouble with Superior Ock. Lvl 480, can't be stunned, does about 2,600 basic match damage, seems to get a match 4 on practically every turn. Oh, and ignores invisibility with specials that wipe Miles in one hit. It's a bit much.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fuzzbap said:
    Really having trouble with Superior Ock. Lvl 480, can't be stunned, does about 2,600 basic match damage, seems to get a match 4 on practically every turn. Oh, and ignores invisibility with specials that wipe Miles in one hit. It's a bit much.
    The one I faced was LVL 520.  Brought in a full health Gladiathor.  Got yellow very quickly to start pumping out shields, then waited until I had enough green, yellow, and red AP to one-shot him.  The match ended with my Thor at about 2600 health left.  I got lucky in that I didn't match/destroy his Superior Science tile, or else Thor would have been killed.
  • Fuzzbap
    Fuzzbap Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Fuzzbap said:
    The one I faced was LVL 520.  Brought in a full health Gladiathor.  Got yellow very quickly to start pumping out shields, then waited until I had enough green, yellow, and red AP to one-shot him.  The match ended with my Thor at about 2600 health left.  I got lucky in that I didn't match/destroy his Superior Science tile, or else Thor would have been killed.
    My Thor's only level 375 so wouldn't have much luck against Ock. It seems that any win is gonna be as much down to luck as any kind of tactic, but I've given up on the node. It's much too frustrating. I still don't get how Ock's specials hit an invisible Miles as I think they're single attacks rather than team ones.

I hope there's a little thought given to these 1v1 nodes when this event rolls around again. There's challenging, and then there's what we get here.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fuzzbap said:
    Fuzzbap said:
    My Thor's only level 375 so wouldn't have much luck against Ock. It seems that any win is gonna be as much down to luck as any kind of tactic, but I've given up on the node. It's much too frustrating. I still don't get how Ock's specials hit an invisible Miles as I think they're single attacks rather than team ones.

I hope there's a little thought given to these 1v1 nodes when this event rolls around again. There's challenging, and then there's what we get here.

I think Doc Ock's abilities do team damage, which means they hit everyone - Invisible or not.

They definitely saved the most annoying one for last, though  Vulture, who can't even be stunned by Archangel because this Vulture is immune to being stunned.