New Story(?) Event: Gwen Prix

Comments

• jneidus
    jneidus Posts: 66 Match Maker
    IceIX said:
    pheregas said:
    @Brigby

Will we be locked into one "fanfic" from the start?  Or do we get to choose one each day?
    Each day gives two different scenarios that you can choose between. The scenarios are unconnected from the previous day's scenarios. Think of it like the Cinema Showdown event, but instead of one node unlock a day you get two and doing one locks the other.
    If we start one and retreat, can we still do the other (so at least we could read the pre-fight story), or does the other lock as soon as the fight starts?
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2019
    This is great. I hope we see it every Monday or Friday. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX said:
    pheregas said:
    @Brigby

Will we be locked into one "fanfic" from the start?  Or do we get to choose one each day?
    Each day gives two different scenarios that you can choose between. The scenarios are unconnected from the previous day's scenarios. Think of it like the Cinema Showdown event, but instead of one node unlock a day you get two and doing one locks the other.
    It doesn't sound like it, but will any characters be boosted or restricted based on the story?

Regardless, this sounds fantastic and hope it can become a regularly run event or at least concept for a regularly run event.  

Thanks for good news on my Wednesday morning
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    ZootSax said:
    IceIX said:
    pheregas said:
    Brigby

It doesn't sound like it, but will any characters be boosted or restricted based on the story?

Regardless, this sounds fantastic and hope it can become a regularly run event or at least concept for a regularly run event.  

Thanks for good news on my Wednesday morning
    The boosted characters will follow the Weekly Buffs list. As for restrictions, it really depends on the missi...I mean...fan-fic you're playing in. :p 
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Do we only have 24-hours to do each "day's" node?

Or will this be more like the 12 Days of Marvel where we can skip a day and do two nodes the next, or even just do all 5 nodes on the final day?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    KGB said:
    IceIX said:
     Really looking forward to the next character though, in internal balancing they're looking to be about as meta shaking as the new Juggs. So not necessarily meta defining, but definitely pretty cool.
    Actually the new Juggs is IMHO a T10 character in the 4* tier and T5 for PvE. When paired with Grocket/Guardian even at L168 I can clear the PvE nodes 95% as fast as I could when I have 5* Thanos on that same team without the health pack usage. He may not help 5* player to the same extent obviously.

So if the next 4* character is anywhere close to that then I can't wait because prior to Juggs, Bishop was really the last 4* character that was a T10 and meant anything in the 4* realm.

KGB

P.S. Looking forward to the new event and like many others here I hope you run it regularly (ideally like DDQ but at least once a month say during PvP offseason).
    I have a lv 229 Juggernaut and he's just slaughtering Enemy of the State. Granted he's boosted to 320 so that helps but still. The only thing slowing him down right now are the stupid Teisastu attack tiles. It'll be interesting to see how he does once I can get him champed.
    i've forced myself to play pvp this season to get to the 75 wins for his green as i am utterly convinced he is potentially the new 4* meta and the 'cure' to Bishopitis. I've got him bonused and 1800CP ready to splurge to try champ him instantly
    He's more for pve. I ran him up against a Gritty team and he got torn apart. He's great for pvp seed teams though.
  • RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    This event sounds really fun, I am excited to see it in action.   And it is an untimed event that runs alongside a boss alliance event, at least in part, which seems like a popular request
  • Storm of fire
    Storm of fire Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    I love the premise/'story' of this event and I, uh... will be examining the 'fic' summaries closely to see if I can find any fics that seem as if they'd fit. (That or taking them as drabble prompts since that's how I roll :wink: )

I've found two possible fits for the CSI: Black Widow option, one a straight up crossover and the other a CSI AU that's mostly Steve/Bucky, while there are TOO MANY OPTIONS FOR FIGHTING AGAINST COMRADE RUSSIA (aka fics with Natasha and the Red Room)

lmk if you want a personal rec though, especially if 'fighting comrade Russia' means 'defeating brainwashing through love' and you like ot3s
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    The in-game preview shows that you get some iso and 2 Heroics from progression, too.  

Pretty good!  Heroics are better than Elites. 

Looking forward to trying it out.
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Borstock said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Please don't run this just once and then let it disappear forever.
    I mean, "see how players like it"... You really don't think anybody will complain about more rewards in a non-competitive mode?
    They will absolutely find a way to complain about it.
    I'm going to start...this sounds too good to be TRUE! Bah humbug >:(
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,570 Chairperson of the Boards
    Feliz said:
    Borstock said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Please don't run this just once and then let it disappear forever.
    I mean, "see how players like it"... You really don't think anybody will complain about more rewards in a non-competitive mode?
    They will absolutely find a way to complain about it.
    I'm going to start...this sounds too good to be TRUE! Bah humbug >:(
    Hmm. Mysterio is in the game now, I suspect that this event is in fact an illusion and once you start playing it you discover that in fact it is a never ending loop of the Florida sub of The Hunt.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I do want to point out that Gwenpool's solo run was amazing; that she's better than Deadpool; and that you should totally buy the books and thank me later.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    So... how do I make an informed decision as to which Gwen Prix node to pick?  It doesn't give me any information about what either node is nor which rewards either has.  It only has Dr. Strange telling me to "choose wisely" without any information in order to make a wise choice...
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    abmoraz said:
    So... how do I make an informed decision as to which Gwen Prix node to pick?  It doesn't give me any information about what either node is nor which rewards either has.  It only has Dr. Strange telling me to "choose wisely" without any information in order to make a wise choice...
    Hitting "Go" on the Doctor Strange popup doesn't lock you out.  Lockout happens when you start the round.  You can hit go, and still back out to hit go on the other to see both sets of opponents and rewards.
    Cool.  That's good to know.

The verbiage should probably be updated to reflect that.  As it is, it makes it seem that once you select a node, you're locked in at that point.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    It’s nice that you can click the node you didn’t complete, to read the little fanfic written. But for some reason I was expecting actual story images like we have in PvE? Oh well...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    free token was a Gwenpool right up front, pretty cool
  • RentedPanda
    For anyone who wants to know without checking, the Miami fic gives 2* widow, Russia gives 2* cap.  I did Miami but the Russia text was slightly more amusing.  I also got pink Gwenpool with my free token.  Super lucky, or is this pre-set? 
  • RentedPanda
    Also, ironic that the announce said "who needs vaults," but this has a vault.   I'm not complaining, rewards are generous and I like 40 item vaults a lot.  Just gave me a chuckle