***** Captain America (Infinity War) *****

2»

Comments

• maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    5/5/3
    I've got Cap at 12/13 but with three covers saved so I can buy the last one I need to champ him. What's he like when champed? Who does he work well with? Asking as he'd be only my fourth 5* champ.
  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    This version of Cap is probably best used against boss enemies. You pretty much just convert all of your AP in to a single hit.

Outside of the "works with everyone" teams, he doesn't have any go-to allies. His yellow is a bit expensive, but can put anyone who jumps in front back in the fray if they can't deal with the damage themselves.

In PvP, he's more of a mild deterrent than an effective component of an offensive strategy.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    I've got Cap at 12/13 but with three covers saved so I can buy the last one I need to champ him. What's he like when champed? Who does he work well with? Asking as he'd be only my fourth 5* champ.
    Before purchasing that last cover, what level is your Winter Soldier at? If he's anywhere close to earning what you need for Cap it would be better to wait and use BH.

Alternatively, for your other champed 5*s, do you already have a strong red ability? Cap's can be quite good as stated above, but it is only excellent vs. Bosses or single-enemy situations. So if you already have a strong red, there's nothing wrong with running him "Capped" at level 435 for quite some time.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,126 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’ve been speculating that a team of GE Doom/Lumbercap is a decent anti-gritty if you need one. Get Doom killed fast, clear the strikes, then revive him. My own Lumbercap is 2/4/4, so he kind of flounders when Doom dies as often as not. I’ve heard tell by others it works ok though.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’ve been speculating that a team of GE Doom/Lumbercap is a decent anti-gritty if you need one. Get Doom killed fast, clear the strikes, then revive him. My own Lumbercap is 2/4/4, so he kind of flounders when Doom dies as often as not. I’ve heard tell by others it works ok though.
    Yeah it’s not my go-to counter (that honor goes to Thorkoye), but I randomly remembered and used it a couple times for fun last PVP and think about you every time I bust out the combo lol. 

I’m 13 IW Spidey covers away from a 4/4/4 Black Suit and he’s my current BH. So hopefully I’ll be able to have THE counter to play around with next time I bust a hoard.