MPQ Sneak Peek: June 2019 Edition *Updated (6/24/19)

Comments

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:

I can’t even focus my resources on characters I want to use...and I spend more than I should (probably way above average) on the game.It is starting to tax my patience for sure, especially when they keep taking stuff away and not giving anything new.
    This right here.  I think it is important to note that the Bonus Hero system was originally rolled out to help combat dilution and to allow us to specifically target our advancement as we wanted.

But that is not how BH work at all anymore in the 4* world.  My 4*BH's are exclusive to the recently released 4s in order to get them up to the magic 10 covers so that I can complete the new Shield Training (since as mentioned before, even missing out on that one single cover makes the next shield training potentially harder and makes PVP harder too).  In single release cases, it usually happens pretty quick and I can switch back to targeting 4s for their LT payout.  In double release cases, it takes a bit longer, but I can usually do it before even more 4s are added to tokens.

Either way, I'm not actually using BH's for the original intended purposes.  I'm using them in order to help feed me LTs to advance my 5* squad or to participate in shield training.  And ever since saved covers became introduced, it's been increasingly difficult to champ 5s as they come out. (It's been great for 3s and 4s though).  My 1/9/2 Hela would have been one cover away from champing in the good old days.  Now...  Ugh...  It just feels futile.

This game has always had the feeling that we are running a marathon up a mountain, but lately the mountain is just getting steeper.  
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    I think part of the problem may be because of the increase in 5*s.
    ST has almost always been 1 new + 2 old, Th4nos has already been used, so its either Ronin or Sabertooth as they're the only ones since. They went into tokens together iirc, so same difference really. 

The real question however is the next character after this one. If the new char after this one is a 4* then almost 100% Sabertooth will be required. If however its another 5* then i would think Sabertooth will get skipped and this new one will be needed for the next 4*.

If ST is so important then start hoarding now. Hoard every HT, LT and CP, and when the announcements come, bust it then with the bh set accordingly. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards

If ST is so important then start hoarding now. Hoard every HT, LT and CP, and when the announcements come, bust it then with the bh set accordingly. 
    Yup.  And hope you don't burn 44 pulls and not get a single BH like me.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Using BHs to stay ahead of shield training is a choice, as is using it for the long-play of growing a specific character for feeding or strategic purposes. You have to pick which way you want to go with it. 

I had my roster Shield Training Proof until January, when I made the decision to start chasing 5s through feeders, and now I have a 322 Chavez at the expense of an under-covered Th4nos, Ronin, Talos, and Sabertooth. It's not as fun as breezing through Shield Training, but I'm 2 covers away from finishing Jessica Jones (well, 28 chavez covers, 2 JJ covers) who will be my 3rd 5*. Having the 4* cover just gets me access to their nodes in PVE, so it's kind of whatever to me now.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can' t wait to see the Black Cat's 4 Star abilities. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(06/17/19) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and added details about 4-Star Black Cat
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    RE: Infinite Pursuit

The upcoming event is a 3 day version, so one won't be in there.  I hope it's the one with the Mindless Ones.

I'd like it if Cosmic Chaos and Infinite Pursuit were spaced out more so the newer ones interrupted the Vintage PVEs a bit more evenly.

But maybe there's another new one coming?  We can hope...
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    It feels like adding insult to injury that the boosted 4*s for the week of the 20th contain both Sabertooth and Ronin. Someone like Wiccan can’t get boosted for love nor money (outside his own PvP) and yet these two characters who’ve only been available for a few weeks are boosted together. It just smacks of a lack of care and a lack of planning. 
  • bluewolf
    AXP_isme said:
    It feels like adding insult to injury that the boosted 4*s for the week of the 20th contain both Sabertooth and Ronin. Someone like Wiccan can’t get boosted for love nor money (outside his own PvP) and yet these two characters who’ve only been available for a few weeks are boosted together. It just smacks of a lack of care and a lack of planning. 
    Poor Wiccan. If anyone would benefit from being boosted and tanking, it'd be him.  Yet he remains the (almost) forgotten 4....along with Emma who is probably the intentionally-ignored 4?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    AXP_isme said:
    Poor Wiccan. If anyone would benefit from being boosted and tanking, it'd be him.  Yet he remains the (almost) forgotten 4....along with Emma who is probably the intentionally-ignored 4?
    And Ghost. Altho, in fairness, she is invisible, so easy to overlook ;)
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    WOOOOO. Here we go again. 

@Demiurge_Anthony
    @Brigby
    @LakeStone
    @IceIX
    @anybody at Demi it D3 that cares to answer this question that nobody has yet on this forum 

What is the normal operating procedure for Shield Training?

Was the Magik, as we were told a mistake, ST the move to make this happen so quick and not a mistake? 

Why is this changed pushed like it is after the negative feedback you have received here and Discord? 

Why cannot the player gets a straight answer from somebody?  

If you cannot answer this, who can we ask?  

Will anybody at D3 or Demi answer these questions?

Are you still thinking about how to do answer these questions from the frustrated player base?  
    I guess we know the answer.   They do not care to address.  Instead, the costume roll out is more important.  
  • Monsoon3
    Monsoon3 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    WOOOOO. Here we go again. 

@Demiurge_Anthony
    @Brigby
    @LakeStone
    @IceIX
    @anybody at Demi it D3 that cares to answer this question that nobody has yet on this forum 

What is the normal operating procedure for Shield Training?

Was the Magik, as we were told a mistake, ST the move to make this happen so quick and not a mistake? 

Why is this changed pushed like it is after the negative feedback you have received here and Discord? 

Why cannot the player gets a straight answer from somebody?  

If you cannot answer this, who can we ask?  

Will anybody at D3 or Demi answer these questions?

Are you still thinking about how to do answer these questions from the frustrated player base?  
    I guess we know the answer.   They do not care to address.  Instead, the costume roll out is more important.  
    Exactly. When it was deemed a "mistake," the only mistake was them not going this route sooner.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Monsoon3 said:
    Exactly. When it was deemed a "mistake," the only mistake was them not going this route sooner.

This is very similar to the model they were using when SHIELD Training first started.  Rogue was the prize from the first run, and an essential in the second run.  They only changed to requiring older characters after complaints from players.

I think the main difference is that it was easier to acquire covers for new characters back then, and as availability has been wound back people started to rely on this as a source of covers rather than treating it like a bonus (as it was initially).  I'd be fine with it going back to a being a bonus if they addressed the general availability problem, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    AXP_isme said:
    When I was playing his PvP he actually transformed into the Demiurge in one of the matches and for a moment I was confused as to what was going on as I had forgotten he could even do that. Poor guy, the 4* Vision.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    DAZ0273 said:
    bluewolf said:
    When I was playing his PvP he actually transformed into the Demiurge in one of the matches and for a moment I was confused as to what was going on as I had forgotten he could even do that. Poor guy, the 4* Vision.

Yet this allowed us to match green safely for Thor knowing that Wiccan would then be sent up front to absorb the match damage. Not often enough to worry about health packs either, btw. Was kinda fun during the climb (not on hops so much).

jamesh said:

This is very similar to the model they were using when SHIELD Training first started.  Rogue was the prize from the first run, and an essential in the second run.  They only changed to requiring older characters after complaints from players.

I think the main difference is that it was easier to acquire covers for new characters back then, and as availability has been wound back people started to rely on this as a source of covers rather than treating it like a bonus (as it was initially).  I'd be fine with it going back to a being a bonus if they addressed the general availability problem, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

We need to be fair and admit that the newer characters are offered as event rewards more often than older ones, thus helping to accommodate for going back to equalized draw rates (full dilution, following canceled increased rates on latest 4*). 
    It is still not fast enough to help many of us to get them ready for upcoming shield training as essentials, but for many competitive players it helps.  
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Corrected Honor Among Thieves to reflect its correct start date of 6/23/19
  • bluewolf
    For anyone wondering, the 3 day Infinite Pursuit cut the second sub of the 4 day version, which was the sub with a bunch of Hammer goons and various Villain movers - leaving the Ninja-heavy and the Ultron goon subs in.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
     leaving  the Ultron goon subs in.
    Of course they did. At least the stupid symbiotes and Mindless Ones are out of the way now.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    I’m loving the deadpool pvp , finally a suitable way to dispatch the Gritty teams 

you hit hit me with your powered up strike tiles and my deadpool and Okoye combos blast you away :)
  • Doragon
    Doragon Posts: 55 Match Maker
    @Brigby Wondering if we're getting any updates here.