Additional Server Maintenance *Updated (6/20/19)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited June 2019 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Update 3: We are back up and running as the server maintenance is now completed. We appreciate your patience as we worked on getting the game running.

Update 2
: Following the recent server maintenance, our team discovered a critical server issue that's preventing players from logging in. We are working to resolve this issue as fast as we can, and once we have more information available to communicate, we'll be sure to provide everyone with an update.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!
----------
Update: As many of you are aware, during the Player Level adjustment some players were credited with a far larger amount of resources than they were intended to receive. In order to correct this error, we had to perform a second server maintenance period to rollback all players to before this procedure began. Once that's finished, our team will resolve the error and re-perform the adjustment later this week. (Once we have more details about date and time, we will provide another update.)

For those of you that had made a purchase today between 15:00 UTC and 19:00 UTC, our Customer Support team will be manually crediting those purchases to you again, as they will end up being removed by the rollback. (This may take a day or two) For players that purchased outside of that time-frame, but believe their item may have been removed somehow, please submit a Customer Support ticket with your purchase receipt, and our team will be happy to review your purchase.
----------
Hi Everyone,

Following the recent server maintenance, we have had to initiate an additional follow up maintenance to tie up a few loose ends, such as the server's stability. We anticipate this additional maintenance period to take approximately 2 hours.

We apologize for the short notice, however we want to thank you all for your patience in this matter.

Comments

• IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    "a few loose ends"... well, I read about a little bit more loose ends in different threads.

I hope you fix it on time. I had some events open for today... I will throw the 20 pinkies from RT on my 195k jewel stack... to buy some more vangards that crashes the game. 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think server stability is a "loose end" so much as a "catastrophic issue" but thank you for the update.

Any word on the currency lost when packs failed to be purchased due to the instability?
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Seriously... A full day of maintenance for what ? Another failed XP conversion ... Players with enough pinks to buy mythics for up to 3 generations of lineage while others are doomed to pull dupe vanguards with the bunch of pinks they hoarded during months ... 
    Seriously ... My heart is broken ... What we have here is not an update ... It is middle age reborn from the ashes.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby - thanks for the update. When you are out of crisis mode, please provide a deeper insight into the problems/issues that necessity of this additional maintenance period.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Mburn7 said:
    I don't think server stability is a "loose end" so much as a "catastrophic issue" but thank you for the update.

Any word on the currency lost when packs failed to be purchased due to the instability?
    I am curious about this as well.
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
     Any word about the billions of pinks randomly attributed during this "loose end" ? Or about the entry fees players are about to loose again on the altar of xp conversion?
  • Elektrophorus
    Elektrophorus Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Brigby said:
    a few loose ends
    Can we play the game? A frayed knot.
  • Rasalghul
    Rasalghul Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    In case the loss ends got corrected, I hope we can get « at least » one mythic Vanguard pack as a compensation for the inconvenience. For all the free boosters, TG and Rising Tensions jewels and crystals that we cannot get today.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hopefully we get an extra day for RT, or at least get to keep a portion of our "gifts" ;)
  • Dropspot
    Dropspot Posts: 200 Tile Toppler
    I would take 190k jewels instead
  • OmegaLolrus
    OmegaLolrus Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    I just had a great bit of luck opening the legacy packs and got a Masterpiece I'd been chasing for a while. Sooooo... I'm going to be cranky if that's not waiting when I get back.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Ending soon.
  • Shadowslayer
    Shadowslayer Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Enjoy the rollback folks
  • Thésée
    Thésée Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    That was the best thing to do 
  • 810Bourne
    810Bourne Posts: 53 Match Maker
    edited June 2019
    With the update, I was level 82, got some packs, a ton of dupes, about 6 new cards. 

Now, all the way blue, punks and gold is gone, as are the cards.... 
  • JopeX37
    JopeX37 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2019
    Glitching out the game for a day and getting a bunch of people to waste an hour opening packs only to wipe it all away later because you realized you screwed up big time.

For *heavens* sake, get your stuff together D3/Oktagon!!
  • DragonSorcerer
    DragonSorcerer Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Sure I've got less then before the maintenance began (noon for me). Some rewards I got this morning appear to be missing. I wonder when the backup was taken.
  • BigSwifty
    BigSwifty Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Same thing happened to me, and I’m not happy. This kind of stuff is a lot less amusing when you’re paying a monthly subscription.
  • BigSwifty
    BigSwifty Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Amen. And don’t forget, those of up who signed up VIP are paying for this privilege.