Additional Server Maintenance *Updated (6/20/19)

12357

Comments

  • TremayneTremayne Posts: 1,235 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Mburn7 and @Matthew - perhaps that is correct. However in the companies I have been involved with, that would have been the case, so I assumed that this level of commitment was also employed here.

    Mistakes happen, it is just a matter of time. It is the way you handle those mistakes that speaks volumes about how good the company is.
  • Lady_RiverLady_River Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Would kinda be nice for them to change the maintenance message then from ending soon to we have gone home will fix tomorrow.
  • GrewmjGrewmj Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Not that they would listen, but I'm pretty sure they could find multiple people in here, running on multiple different platforms, that would be more than willing to install test clients and screen the releases before they go live... Just saying..
  • LaeuftbeidirLaeuftbeidir Posts: 1,840 Chairperson of the Boards
    Grewmj said:
    Not that they would listen, but I'm pretty sure they could find multiple people in here, running on multiple different platforms, that would be more than willing to install test clients and screen the releases before they go live... Just saying..

    Why bother with a few when they can just use the full community as beta testers like they do since day one? 
    I really hope someone is up and working on.. Something? We don't know. Anyway, it's not like I'd have nothing better to do than to wait for a game to work.
  • Mburn7Mburn7 Posts: 3,397 Chairperson of the Boards
    Grewmj said:
    Not that they would listen, but I'm pretty sure they could find multiple people in here, running on multiple different platforms, that would be more than willing to install test clients and screen the releases before they go live... Just saying..
    There have been forum players offering to be beta testers or freelance programmers for as long at the game has been out.  The dev team has always refused to consider it, mostly for legal reasons (or so they say).

    The brief "Beta" they did for DDZE proved to be useless since they ignored 99% of the Beta Tester feedback anyway, so I doubt this kind of system would work even if they did do it.
  • Julie71Julie71 Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Back to housework I guess.  I was hoping to get out of doing the dishes. Lol
  • AmadeusAmadeus Posts: 57 Match Maker
    EvilDead said:
    We need the Devs to enter a 12 step program!

    Step 1: Admit that you have a problem
    Step 2: Admit that you need help with this problem
    Step 3: Admit that testing your new releases is beyond your capabilities
    Step 4: Create a Sandbox environment
    Step 5: Create a Sandbox client for Apple and Android
    Step 6: Publish new release to the Sandbox Environment
    Step 7: Announce to the playerbase that a new release has been published to the Sandbox Environment
    Step 8: Enjoy a cup of coffee, you've earned it
    Step 9: For your new release in the Sandbox, start compiling statistics, error logs, "Something Went Wrong" logs, etc
    Step 10: Collect data, logs and feedback from the community
    Step 11: If the release is stable then proceed to launch day, if it's not stable then fix bugs and go back to Step 6
    Step 12: Launch a stable release and have a Happy Community of MTGPQ players
    way to much logic in this post ! 
  • RaistlinRaistlin Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Any updates?

  • GastonGaston Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Any updates on when the servers are going to be back up? I got bad pulls from my WAR packs, I don't mind a retry but I can imagine the people in my Coalition who got tons of mythics are not going to be happy with the roll-back. 
  • James13James13 Posts: 663 Critical Contributor
    It would be nice to get another update as it's been about 12hrs since the last one.

    Hope this can be sorted out today!  I'm sure others like me are eager to assess our rollback situations.
  • bken1234bken1234 GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 2,835 Chairperson of the Boards
    Re: Update — Just a reminder D3Go! is on the west coast. I’m sure @Brigby or @LakeStone will update the community as soon as they can — however it is still quite early there. 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2019
    Amadeus said:
    EvilDead said:
    We need the Devs to enter a 12 step program!

    Step 1: Admit that you have a problem
    Step 2: Admit that you need help with this problem
    Step 3: Admit that testing your new releases is beyond your capabilities
    Step 4: Create a Sandbox environment
    Step 5: Create a Sandbox client for Apple and Android
    Step 6: Publish new release to the Sandbox Environment
    Step 7: Announce to the playerbase that a new release has been published to the Sandbox Environment
    Step 8: Enjoy a cup of coffee, you've earned it
    Step 9: For your new release in the Sandbox, start compiling statistics, error logs, "Something Went Wrong" logs, etc
    Step 10: Collect data, logs and feedback from the community
    Step 11: If the release is stable then proceed to launch day, if it's not stable then fix bugs and go back to Step 6
    Step 12: Launch a stable release and have a Happy Community of MTGPQ players
    way to much logic in this post ! 
    but.. but.. then we cant have HOU masterpiece opening fun! and... and... millions of pinkies!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Isn't Oktagon in Brazil..? I heard its a holiday there..

    So its a Holiday on Thursday... I wonder how many decided to use their personal days off for Friday to have a long, relaxing weekend? :|
  • DumasAGDumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    jimpark said:
    Isn't Oktagon in Brazil..? I heard its a holiday there..

    So its a Holiday on Thursday... I wonder how many decided to use their personal days off for Friday to have a long, relaxing weekend? :|
    It's an optional holiday, so unless employees asked off for the day they wouldn't normally have the day off.
  • GastonGaston Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Yep. It is a National holiday in Brazil today. Corpus Christi. 
  • OutersiderOutersider Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Is anyone really surprised they the royally made a grand mess of things.... Expecting anything else is like expecting to hit all the numbers for the powerball.... 10 times in a row.....  and it's a pretty much a sure thing that when they do fix it the rewards for it will amount to squat.... 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    DumasAG said:
    jimpark said:
    Isn't Oktagon in Brazil..? I heard its a holiday there..

    So its a Holiday on Thursday... I wonder how many decided to use their personal days off for Friday to have a long, relaxing weekend? :|
    It's an optional holiday, so unless employees asked off for the day they wouldn't normally have the day off.
    did you google it? the first site said "optional" and then I clicked "Corpus Christi" and it said "public" holiday. Then I checked another site and it said "national holiday."

    I have no idea, just saying. We probably needs someone in/from Brazil to confirm. But you know, emergencies like this must have a contingency plan, right?
  • ertaiiertaii Posts: 162 Tile Toppler


    I have no idea, just saying. We probably needs someone in/from Brazil to confirm. But you know, emergencies like this must have a contingency plan, right?
    Whatever you do you *never* push a release the day before a public holiday. Never ever.
Sign In or Register to comment.