**** Sabretooth (Victor Creed) ****

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just run him with halfThorkoye. Unreal how fast PVP matches were with Tooth red boosted by champed Okoye passive at 10 teamup ap. All you need is one red Toof cover. If you get to fire off green or black, match is even quicker.
    4x dipping on okoye's black for just 6 red AP is awesome.  Thorkoye + sabretooth may become my primary pve grinding team.
  • KenshinUK
    KenshinUK Posts: 91 Match Maker
    My Thor only generates 3 AP per turn and yet thorkoye + sabretooth loaner wrecked the pvp. Got to 1100 quite easily and called it a day.
    Have to agree he is a great addition!
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    5/3/5
    I suspect sabrethorkoye will be prolific on the season simulator soon. Solid counter to gritty. Especially considering thorkoye was already a good counter with the boardshake and sustain. Now they have more boardshake and a cheaper spammy red. The only question is how well will it handle bishop.

Edit: Decided to try it in toothies event. My okoye is 5-4-1 lvl 390, Thor is 3-3-4 lvl 323, and loaner sabertooth. It is pretty efficient even though my thor is only bringing in 3 free ap every turn instead of 5. If I had one green for my sabretooth I would try vs gritty bishop in simulator. My tooth is only at 0-1-2.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    those of you with functional Thorkoyes - is it sabertooth’s board shake that you like, or his multi strike? Is Valkyrie not similar for that purpose?
  • tiomono
    5/3/5
    those of you with functional Thorkoyes - is it sabertooth’s board shake that you like, or his multi strike? Is Valkyrie not similar for that purpose?
    I would say it's the cheaper red, and the boardshake. With valkyrie you would probably be getting black on bounties which doesn't help the team at all. Unless your thor is higher than okoye. Overall I would say sabretooth is a much better third.
  • Vhailorx
    edited May 2019
    The boardshake makes him pretty viable against gritty.  But the gem is his red.  It's just 6 AP on a color that Thor fuels and can spread damage across multiple targets like a quasi aoe. Valkyrie costs almost twice as much for 1 more tick of okoye. Sabretooth is ~45% more efficient in terms of ap per okoye tick.  Just about every match ends by the time you get 12 green + 6 red (or 18 red).

Thor-tooth-ye will be very nasty if we ever see this pvp event again when more people have him champed. But I don't think it will dominate shield sim because the ai won't use it well at first, giving the player time to down sabretooth quickly.
  • tiomono
    5/3/5
    Vhailorx said:
    The boardshake makes him pretty viable against gritty.  But the gem is his red.  It's just 6 AP on a color that Thor fuels and can spread damage across multiple targets like a quasi aoe. Valkyrie costs almost twice as much for 1 more tick of okoye. Sabretooth is ~45% more efficient in terms of ap per okoye tick.  Just about every match ends by the time you get 12 green + 6 red (or 18 red).

It will be very nasty if we ever see this pvp event again when more people have him champed. But I don't think it will dominate shield sim because the ai won't use it well at first, giving the player time to down sabretooth quickly.
    Sim is not about the ai though. If it can chew through teams quickly you will see that team hitting alot of people and some will have it left out on defense. I suppose we will see in a season or 2.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:

Thor-tooth-ye will be very nasty if we ever see this pvp event again when more people have him champed. But I don't think it will dominate shield sim because the ai won't use it well at first, giving the player time to down sabretooth quickly.
    Apparently it’s quite the glass cannon. After about 100matches, I have yet to to see my saberthorokye receive a defensive win. But plenty of reds
  • Vhailorx
    edited May 2019
    Phumade said:
    Vhailorx said:

Apparently it’s quite the glass cannon. After about 100matches, I have yet to to see my saberthorokye receive a defensive win. But plenty of reds
    Yeah, that is what i mean by saying it won't dominiate.  It's a great team on offense.  But as long as sabretooth has less than 25k health and can be killed pretty quickly (before the ai lucks into 6 red ap + a dangerous amount of teamup AP), it isn't particularly threatening on defense. 

It will suck if sabretooth's PvP ever comes back though.  Champed and boosted to level 400+ he will make things very painful.

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    I made a match 3 with all three tiles being enemy strike tiles. The resulting cascade lead to even more tiles being blown up. This is the most fun character MPQ has had in a while.

I'm very interested in seeing what a Sabretooth and Prowler pairing can do...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I found it interesting that Wakanda Forever didn't seem to work on the strike destruction damage. Can anyone confirm that? I would expect it to, since it's doing an arbitrary flat number as opposed to other tile destruction powers that just do color damage.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    I found it interesting that Wakanda Forever didn't seem to work on the strike destruction damage. Can anyone confirm that? I would expect it to, since it's doing an arbitrary flat number as opposed to other tile destruction powers that just do color damage.
    I am assuming you have 1 cover in his green, the damage component starts at 2 covers. 
    @ThaRoadWarrior
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Ah, okay. makes total sense. that was based off the PVP loaner. I actually don't have any greens, I have 1 black and 2 red
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I play Sabre with Grokitty it does not seem as if his red is boosted by the strikes. Am I right?
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Uh, I missed that! 
  • Gold_Dragon
    Gold_Dragon Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    3/5/5
    Toothorye is the fastest team that doesn’t have Thanos. Yes. Even faster than Thorkoye+AChavez. Much better consistency with the speed and Creed’s red is like a AOE most times, killing 2 character usually. 

I cant wait to champ him. Got him at 0/3/3. Gonna BH him as soon as possible. 
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Sabretooth should be the next Sim 2000 reward, correct? 
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    5/3/5
    RickOShay said:
    Sabretooth should be the next Sim 2000 reward, correct? 

Should be. We'll find out tonight.
  • Gold_Dragon
    Gold_Dragon Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    3/5/5
    Sabretooth + Elektra is so awesome. Only bad thing is Creed’s green passive might hit Dance of Death. A good third for them is Invisible Woman or Okoye.

Sabretooth + Prowler is super fun. Especially with Tinkerer support. If match a fortified enemy strike, it turns into a friendly strike, gets fortified, does damage, and then Creed slashes the board. Only problem is the main way to create enemy strikes is shared by the same color (black)

Sabretooth + Patch is everything you think it is. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5
    Dear Sabretooth,

You got me through Strange Sights loaner nodes faster than ever before. I say this now, with no shame, no irony...
    I love you three thousand.