**** Sabretooth (Victor Creed) ****

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the loaner node, the description for his red ability says that it ignored enemy "Strike" tiles .  This is technically correct (the best kind of correct!) but should it read Protect instead?
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    5/5/3
    In the loaner node, the description for his red ability says that it ignored enemy "Strike" tiles .  This is technically correct (the best kind of correct!) but should it read Protect instead?
    It actually ignores friendly strike tiles, not enemy ones, essentially meaning that the only way you can boost the damage per hit is with okoye, not with strikes.

i think some supports boost power damage too, but I’m not certain
  • Treras
    Treras Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Sabertooth is pretty fun. Even the animations are great. Good job on this one.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrEd95 said:
    It actually ignores friendly strike tiles, not enemy ones, essentially meaning that the only way you can boost the damage per hit is with okoye, not with strikes.

i think some supports boost power damage too, but I’m not certain
    *checks Sabertooth text*

And that, kids, is why you don't post to the board after downing a dose of Nyquil...

Now, for our next lesson...
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    Treras said:
    Sabertooth is pretty fun. Even the animations are great. Good job on this one.
    Whoa, you still watch the animations?  I haven't seen a single one since Demi allowed me to turn them off.  Occasionally I miss some epic ones like 3* cyc black.  Then I play a match in something like a qs pvp, and I am thrilled to be in a post-animation world.

Maybe i will take a look at Creed's in shield training.  But tbh I will probably forget. . .
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    5/3/5
    MrEd95 said:
    Maybe his healing will come via a difficult to obtain support?
    Birdy! *snap*

• fuzzy_cracks
    fuzzy_cracks Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Dude, Sabertooth is siiiiick! I tried him out on shield training and just couldn’t stop trying him out. This guy is freakin awesome. What took you guys so long. I couldn’t stop laughing at his attacks. So cool. I love it. So badass. Can’t wait to get him and champ him up. Good job guys.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5
    This one is a serial killer. Get ready for the nerf brigade. ;)

Serious beast with Okoye!
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5
    jp1 said:

His red is ridiculous with 5* daredevils stun passive too. So much fun. I'm looking forward to champing him. Him and Ronin are awesome. Great job by the devs recently on the 4*'s.... 5*'s though, not so much.
  • fuzzy_cracks
    fuzzy_cracks Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    jp1 said:

Oh gawd I know huh. I was thinking the same thing. When players are losing, they cry nerf. Unbelievable. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't had this much fun with the loaner in a Release PvP since Chavez came out. Very much a fan!
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    He is one of the funnest chars to use in along time.  The idea of hitting enemy strikes for board shake is a great design.  Easily one of the better designed chars
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been on vacation and haven't had a chance to play him.  How is he against a team that doesn't generate any strike tiles?  Still decent or does he take a step down in playability?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5
    He can generate 3 enemy strike tiles (strength 1) with 7 black ap.

If not, his cheap red (6 ap and 4 separate hits) can stack with Okoye's passive. 
  • adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Best character in a good long time. Good utility on all of his powers. Cheap powers, board shake, plays well with 5*s. Just plain fun
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5
    Naturally, all the 1 v 1 fights are against enemies who make no strikes, including the only Wolverine that doesn’t make strikes. That feels backhanded.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sabretooth's PVP is fun.

Fantastic new character, can't wait for him to enter tokens.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Sabretooth's PVP is fun.

Fantastic new character, can't wait for him to enter tokens.
    Because his release PVE/PVP wrapped up before the end of the season, will he enter tokens next season with Ronin or will it be the one after that?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    The one good thing about running his release early (no week off after Rescue) is that he will enter tokens in 9 days (next season) instead of 37 days.

Assuming they go forward with an every-two-week schedule - at least for 4's falling either 2 or 4 weeks after this - then all 4's released in a season, moving forward, should be included in the following season's token updates.

Wouldn't it have been fun to hear what Demiurge thought about pushing Thanos back a week and messing their schedule all up, last month?  (I assume Marvel had something to do with that.)

Although the last time the schedule got thrown off was due to the Super Off Season, which was all Demiurge.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    5/5/3
    Just run him with halfThorkoye. Unreal how fast PVP matches were with Tooth red boosted by champed Okoye passive at 10 teamup ap. All you need is one red Toof cover. If you get to fire off green or black, match is even quicker.