**** Hawkeye (Ronin) ****

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Vhailorx said:
    Agent262 said:
    Does anyone know if Okoye will work with No Escape?  Specifically, if No escape does say 4K damage, and Okoye adds on 6K damage, if the enemy has 7K health will it trigger doing damage to another enemy, or not because it wasn't the No Escape part of the damage that downed the enemy?
    I would expect wakanda forever to work on all ticks of no escape (kinda like hela's green).
    Yes, that's correct. Wakanda Forever will apply to each of No Escape's damage stages.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    And interestingly, the comic cover they've chosen for this character portrays Maya Lopez as Ronin, rather than Clint.  In fact, it is from the time period where he was dead.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5
    jamesh said:
    And interestingly, the comic cover they've chosen for this character portrays Maya Lopez as Ronin, rather than Clint.  In fact, it is from the time period where he was dead.
    Details, details... :smile:

Knowing nothing of Ronin outside of what I have read on the MPQ forums, I kind of wish they went with the cover @DAZ0273 posted with Elektra and the Hand ninjas.  
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe they wanted a cover focusing only on Ronin, rather than Ronin+Elektra+Hand.
    I guess this would be another alternative that is actually Clint:
    Although maybe this one is disqualified due to the blood at the bottom (just thinking back to when Daken and Ares covers were changed).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    When I did the loaner node in shield training, I wiped out the first time using my 286 Sandman and ronin/magik loaners (my magik was 1/2/2). I guess Sandman tanked everything, and I made the mistake of letting Elektr4 fire off her black when I wasn't looking. When I tried again with all loaners (and focusing on Elektr4 over Carnage first), I made it no problem even though it took a long time. I never managed to fire off Ronin's purple though. I got the sense this wasn't "his" team, so I'm still curious how well he plays with other partners.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    The loaner Ronin was a 3/5/5, which made his cheap green deal weak damage, 1642, instead of 3830. 

Theoretically speaking, Magik should be a good partner for Ronin, since she creates red tiles amd buff special tiles.

The MVP was actually Sandman for me. 
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    The loaner Ronin was a 3/5/5, which made his cheap green deal weak damage, 1642, instead of 3830. 

Theoretically speaking, Magik should be a good partner for Ronin, since she creates red tiles amd buff special tiles.

Yeah, they made Ronin 3-5-5 and Magik 3-5-5 so encouraging you to use Ronin's purple but I'd rather use Magik's there. And of course they made Sandman 5-5-3 when he should be 5-3-5 since you probably aren't using his purple with 2 other options (and Professor X has a purple active too just to make this Shield Training Prince-approved).
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker

Yeah, they made Ronin 3-5-5 and Magik 3-5-5 so encouraging you to use Ronin's purple but I'd rather use Magik's there. And of course they made Sandman 5-5-3 when he should be 5-3-5 since you probably aren't using his purple with 2 other options (and Professor X has a purple active too just to make this Shield Training Prince-approved).
    Actually, loaner Sandman is 5/3/5.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just realised Dr Strange's passive activates after Ronin place his purple countdown tiles but before Dr Strange is stunned. To summarise:

1. Use Ronin's purple to deal damage and then create cd tile.

2. Strange dealt damage to Ronin with his passive power.

3. Dr Strange is stunned.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have decided that I like Ronin quite a lot. Normally a loaner is utterly useless in their own PvP but Ronin's passive red attack tiles really came in useful for ramping up the damage levels. His purple is also pretty useful even at low levels with the stun. And whilst his green didn't get much of a work out I did manage to pull off a 2 character kill with it when I used it to finish off an enemy Kingpin (Yes, I was surprised to find one of those too!) and then baddie Ronin! Fun!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I feel like Ronin/Nico/Flaptian would be a fun all-4* team
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just realised Dr Strange's passive activates after Ronin place his purple countdown tiles but before Dr Strange is stunned. To summarise:

I feel like that's a bug.  It's similar wording to Sandman.  It's damage and stun.  In Ronin's case, there's no quantifier that makes the tile placement a later event.  

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019

I feel like that's a bug.  It's similar wording to Sandman.  It's damage and stun.  In Ronin's case, there's no quantifier that makes the tile placement a later event.  

Perhaps it is the source of the stun creating the order-of-operations issue.  Sandman's green applies the stun directly, while ronin places a CD, and the CD applies the stun.

Are there any other powers that place a CD that stuns?  (Iceman and strange's blues don't count.  They both apply the stun directly and also place CDs with other effects.)
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:

Perhaps it is the source of the stun creating the order-of-operations issue.  Sandman's green applies the stun directly, while ronin places a CD, and the CD applies the stun.

Are there any other powers that place a CD that stuns?  (Iceman and strange's blues don't count.  They both apply the stun directly and also place CDs with other effects.)
    Maybe 5* Ock's black, but that also does damage...
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:

Hmm, I think Doc's black works like strange's blue.  The ability applies the stun directly, and then places a CD that has additional effects (doc's CD places attack tiles and deals damage, strange's deals damage and destroys AP each turn).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I can see this being "working as designed" actually. The stun appears to be "owned" by the CD in the way Entanglement's damage is owned by that CD. So Ronin does damage and places a countdown. Strange flaps back. CD resolves and does a stun. It's almost like when C4rol does Command Decision ->Flames of the Faltine->Photonic Barrage happens I guess.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can see this being "working as designed" actually. The stun appears to be "owned" by the CD in the way Entanglement's damage is owned by that CD. So Ronin does damage and places a countdown. Strange flaps back. CD resolves and does a stun. It's almost like when C4rol does Command Decision ->Flames of the Faltine->Photonic Barrage happens I guess.
    That was exactly what I was thinking, Strange just has to get his licks in.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel like Ronin/Nico/Flaptian would be a fun all-4* team
    Directly bad to put Flaptain on there. You want Nico and Ronin’s Countdown tiles to stay on the board, not accelerate. Carol on the other hand...
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:

Pre-rework, Oct’s CD worked that way, stunning each turn.
  • max5esq
    max5esq Posts: 56 Match Maker
    He has great synergy with Dazzler another newer 4 star love the tile creation for matches when someone else can use the AP