Options

62 countdowns
    1 crit
    191 points

• peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Options
    vudu3 said:
    I look forward to the first Photoshopped picture of a board with 64 crit tiles. 
    Surely if you were going to crop out the team and photoshop the image you could get at least another 32 critical tiles on there?  :p
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    vudu3 said:
    On a side note, if a character were able to create a (obviously non-stable) board of 64 critical tiles, would the resolution of this do any damage, aside from cascade damage from the new 64 tiles?  It seems like a board of 64 crit tiles would simply add a large multiplier onto zero damage (due to no color/team-up tiles being created to set a base damage value, resulting in no damage on the attack, but I am not 100% sure I understand how critical damage works.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    If there's a tie, will it be resolved by time posted or both or all players will get the reward?
    Good question Brigby
    If there happens to be a tie, then we'll go with the usual method of whoever posted first.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX said:
    ZootSax said:
    vudu3 said:
    On a side note, if a character were able to create a (obviously non-stable) board of 64 critical tiles, would the resolution of this do any damage, aside from cascade damage from the new 64 tiles?  It seems like a board of 64 crit tiles would simply add a large multiplier onto zero damage (due to no color/team-up tiles being created to set a base damage value, resulting in no damage on the attack, but I am not 100% sure I understand how critical damage works.
    Just tested this. It did an absolute metric ton of damage based off of highest match damage for that character. I mean, it's impossible in a real world situation since the ability would literally have to be "Creates 64 Crit tiles on the board" since any piecemeal addition would match them. But still, technically the system allows for it.
    Thanks, @IceIX    Interesting experiment, if nothing else.

...and if you ever made a character with a repeater tile ability that resulted in the placement of 64 critical tiles on the board, over-writing all existing tiles, maybe the forum would be less negative on repeater tiles.  I make no promises, but maybe :)
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2019
    Options
    61 CD’s 
    2 crits 
    193 pts

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The top prize is any 5-star cover of your choice.

Whatever it takes.  :D
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX said:
    ZootSax said:
    vudu3 said:
    Just tested this. It did an absolute metric ton of damage based off of highest match damage for that character. I mean, it's impossible in a real world situation since the ability would literally have to be "Creates 64 Crit tiles on the board" since any piecemeal addition would match them. But still, technically the system allows for it.
    Since IceIX is ineligible to win because they're a Mod, I'll gladly take the credit for the 64-crit board.  I've even got a picture.

Let's see...64 tiles, times 5 points per critical.  That's 320 points, right?

#NotIntendedToBeAnActualEntry
    #CheatingWthGIMP

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Options
    OJSP said:
    The top prize is any 5-star cover of your choice.

Whatever it takes.  :D
    Nah, it's not worth it. We need a specific type of opponent to attempt this. I'm quite sure no one can attempt to beat this at the moment. I might try again if the opportunity comes, but I'm not spending too much time on this.
    Agreed. I've spent too much time on waiting for a lucky board when i could have been maxing out progression in PVE and hitting 900 in PVP and trying to get the 5 star i need that way.
  • DyingLegend
    Options
    Most likely my last entry. Who knows

http://imgur.com/a/GWU28G5

56 Countdown tiles
    3 crits
    183 points
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX said:
    ZootSax said:
    vudu3 said:
    Should have taken a screenshot and entered the competition
  • Edgeman
    Edgeman Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2019
    Options
    https://imgur.com/a/r8jsx1I

56 countdown tiles
    2 critical tiles

178 points
  • Vladdy
    Vladdy Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Options

63 countdowns
    1 crit
    194 points
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    61 countdowns
    2 crits
    193 points

Twice

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The competition is really close: 194, 193,193. I forgot about the deadline. Next time perhaps.  :p
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It’s pretty impressive people are logging the time in the puzzle
  • DyingLegend
    Options
    I think anyone who put the time in with this not very easy challenge should get a legendary token .......

Just sayin'  :) 
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Another attempt
    63 cd
    1 crit
    194 points

• GKar
    GKar Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    https://imgur.com/pwNN4lH