40 levels

Options
BATMAN1
BATMAN1 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
you rose my profile 40 levels may I have the rewards know please, thank you. 

Comments

• BATMAN1
    BATMAN1 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Or move me back and let me earn it😁
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2019
    Options
    BATMAN1 said:
    Or move me back and let me earn it😁
    That's actually a good idea. I don't mind a reset to level 1 so that I can earn them rewards
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I was at 46 and working toward that final "favorite slot", which I may never actually unlock now =(
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Please do not ask for a reset!!! What D3/Oktagon is doing may be infuriating but I do not want to loose my mastering data. So if you are advocating a reset please state clearly that you are asking for your own account only.
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I want my rewards!

Went from 46 to 90.

Feels like a slap in the face.

Followed by a punch the gut.

And then the nether regions.

Not cool.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Jumped from near 48 to 100.
    Well ocatagon saved some stuff within this "process" of implementing something undefined. 
  • mrixl2520
    mrixl2520 Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mid-40s to 80...

:/
  • Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I dunno about this one. At this point, our levels are just some silly arbitrary number. The more veteran players definitely got screwed over in our rewards when the system was first implemented. The more veteran, the more screwed you got. Still sucks and still with they’d do something about it.

But I’m confused over why people are upset about their missing rewards this time around, as nothing has actually changed save for some arbitrary number. 

To be clear, I’m one of the “lucky” many who jumped from 45 to 80 overnight. Whatever. You could call it missing 35 levels, but I consider it just getting the rewards from 80-115 instead of the rewards from 45-80. Which I’d assume would be similar if not better rewards. I haven’t seen anything about a level cap, so eh.

Potato potahto. Not to say this whole thing isn’t completely asinine, but as long as our unmastered cards are ours to continue mastering, I see no lost rewards this time around. 
    Actually this makes sense. If the leveling does not exponentially change and stays at 6000 at each level then there is no difference if you are at 40 or 80. However, I don't see why oktagon had to go about it in such a confusing and unnecessary way.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm okay with an inflated number if we didnt miss out on any rewards and our level progression (amount of xp required to level up) is still the same.

I'm actually surprised I just barely made the cut off of Long Time, Color Mastery Veteran at lvl 80, considering I only played with cards I thought were fun.
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Former level 40-something or maybe 50, today I realized my level is 90..... when I heard max level is 100.... So, lost rewards?

*sigh* This is just another reason why I want the current leveling system GONE, and revert to the old color mastery system for a while until they get an actually working level system. Between player level not making sense, cheated out Exp and now levels, and not to mention the sheer grindiness..... The level system is a FAILURE.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    arNero said:
    Former level 40-something or maybe 50, today I realized my level is 90..... when I heard max level is 100.... So, lost rewards?

*sigh* This is just another reason why I want the current leveling system GONE, and revert to the old color mastery system for a while until they get an actually working level system. Between player level not making sense, cheated out Exp and now levels, and not to mention the sheer grindiness..... The level system is a FAILURE.
    As far as I know there is no level cap, and if there is it certainly isn't 100 (someone in my coalition got bumped up to 110).

But yeah, this is a mess.
  • Imbrium
    Imbrium Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm trying to be charitable here.  I guess Oktagon are kinda damned if they do, and damned if they don't.  When Card Mastery first started I thought it was interesting, and it was exciting to have some extra rewards for playing the cards. 
    But I was only at level 39 when they made the latest change, never in a million years did I classify myself as a veteran - yes I have been playing two years, but I'm still lacking resources that a lot of others have.  So to my disappointment yesterday I found myself at level 80. Now I actually feel sour about the missed opportunities level 40 through 80 represent.
    To top it all off, I was 3,900 points into level 39 when they switched, but was at 0 points towards the level mastery at level 80... so what about all those points that have just been taken away?  My missing experience points are what tops this off as horrible for me.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    As I said: this two or three step implementation is just to save some rewards. 

Shame on you! 

Why should I think about mastering if the next step just penalize me again for doing so? 

Why playing over and ober again the sam old bull...stuff an get forked in the end. 

Maybe time to to leave. 
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm not sure why we all "deserve" an initial leveling windfall...  I know I'm of the minority opinion here...  We all "earned" all kinds of stuff over all those events we used to level stuff up in the first place...
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm not sure why we all "deserve" an initial leveling windfall...  I know I'm of the minority opinion here...  We all "earned" all kinds of stuff over all those events we used to level stuff up in the first place...
    The problem is with the super grinders.  Many of them spent a ton of extra time mastering cards in extra games of TG or story mode.  At the time it was just because they wanted to master cards, there was very little reward.  Mostly just extra runes which are pretty easy to get these days.

But now a new system comes where mastery has some decent rewards and they are completely locked out because they already mastered all their cards.
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Indeed as mentioned above the problem is an implementation that punishes players whom previously put the most edfort into mastering cards, and veteran players, and rewards people who put in less effort.

An honest implementation would have given the rewards people rightfully earned.

At the very least give the option of a one-time reset of mastery and levels, or give the rewards we were cheated out if. 
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Reset mastery? No way! I mastered over 2000 cards in the last 3 years or so. I'm not willing to spend another 3 to get back to where I am now. Give the rewards we were cheated out of!
  • Boogeyman
    Boogeyman Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hmm, not sure, but I think I went from level 40 to level 40... hmmm

691 cards mastered
    Platinum in every category (Avg 600-700 out of 2500)