3.4 Release Notes

Options
GrizzoMtGPQ
GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
@Brigby any chance we can see those release notes for 3.4 somewhat in advance? Are we finally getting the pity timer? What about seasons? 

Comments

• Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't know about this but I have RNA Screenshots from 13th of March so I expect crafting should be available by Friday. 😊
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I just hope 3.4 = 3.2 + RNA card & craft - GRN crafting cost + lost XP
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    starfall said:
    Now that the Card Visual Display option is finalised, are people happy that the game is as fast as it's ever going to be?

Or would people like to see some of the quality of life enhancements in this thread implemented?
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/77026/card-effects-needed-animations-and-superfluous-animations/p1
    Yes please! 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby any updates?  Is 3.4 coming this week?  Next week?  Later?  Sooner?  What's in it besides bug fixes?
    Come on, there has to be some info ready to share.
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Numbering convention would make 3.4 the WAR update, I think.  We wouldn't get that for a while.

I'd assume we would be getting 3.3.2 at some point.  It hasn't quite been a month yet since 3.3.1
  • Mburn7
    Options
    James13 said:
    Numbering convention would make 3.4 the WAR update, I think.  We wouldn't get that for a while.

I'd assume we would be getting 3.3.2 at some point.  It hasn't quite been a month yet since 3.3.1
    Considering the 3.4 update was announced weeks ago before WAR paper spoilers started coming out, and considering that it was announced that there would be a new coalition event in 3.5, I would hope that 3.4 isn't the WAR update.  But since we have 0 communication from the dev team nobody knows anything for sure right now (other than that we desperately need some sort of update, since even the free boosters don't work anymore)
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Brigby any updates?  Is 3.4 coming this week?  Next week?  Later?  Sooner?  What's in it besides bug fixes?
    While I don't have an exact date available yet for the 3.4 release, I can say for sure that there will be some updates to the Duel Decks: Zendikar vs Eldrazi event that were based off of player feedback, such as recharge timers for different phases.
  • OmegaLolrus
    OmegaLolrus Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Mburn7 said:
    Brigby any updates?  Is 3.4 coming this week?  Next week?  Later?  Sooner?  What's in it besides bug fixes?
    While I don't have an exact date available yet for the 3.4 release, I can say for sure that there will be some updates to the Duel Decks: Zendikar vs Eldrazi event that were based off of player feedback, such as recharge timers for different phases.

So sounds like it's going to be soon, instead of Soon (TM). Interested to see what updates to the Duel Decks event will look like.

• James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    James13 said:

Considering the 3.4 update was announced weeks ago before WAR paper spoilers started coming out, and considering that it was announced that there would be a new coalition event in 3.5, I would hope that 3.4 isn't the WAR update.  But since we have 0 communication from the dev team nobody knows anything for sure right now (other than that we desperately need some sort of update, since even the free boosters don't work anymore)
    Must have missed it.  A cursory look over the forums doesn't show me where such an announcement would be.  Buried in a thread somewhere (wouldn't content announcement be in it's own named thread)?  The 3.X is typically a big update including new content and I wasn't expecting any new content until WAR, honestly.
  • Ampersand
    Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    Options
    There appears to be a significant gap in events on Thursday, May 18. Maybe that's when the update is coming?
  • Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    All I want to know about Zendikar vs. Eldrazi is this:

Will Nissa ever win a non-beta run of the event?

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Gabrosin said:

Card balancing in both decks was something the team definitely looked into, so you can expect to see some changes there too.
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gabrosin said:

Not unless she suddenly gets to use more than 1 color.

As superior as she is to TED (and she is, by far), it's access to 4 colors (TED can't use green during the event) over her 1 will always draw more players to it's side. No amount of pre-constructed deck balancing or tweaking will change that.
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Funny, I actually have more problems with TEDs preconstructed deck than Nissa. I always find her in the first round to be a walk in the park, but meeting TEDs objectives can be a struggle sometimes.

If we actually want to give Nissa a chance, I would actually consider this a case where TED should have access only to colorless cards, and Nissa only to green cards for this event (especially since this is legacy), but I hear how lower tier players might be slightly outraged by this suggestion.
  • Mburn7
    Options
    @Brigby I see more posts lately about stuff coming in 3.4 (mostly bug fixes).

Any update on when that will be?