3.4 Release Notes

Options

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Brigby I see more posts lately about stuff coming in 3.4 (mostly bug fixes).

Any update on when that will be?
    I'm afraid at this moment I don't have a time-frame for when it will be released, but I can say that a lot of features are in the final testing/bug fix/polish stages. 

Some features still being in the testing phase is part of the reason why there isn't a solidified release date yet.
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sounds good. Can we get a glimpse at what some of these mysterious features will be? (with the detail level you feel would be safe to disclose at this point of course)  o:)
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby still nothing? Come on!
  • Brigby
    Options
    Brigby still nothing? Come on!
    I don't really have much info to provide just yet about major features. As of right now it's a lot of adding bug fixes to the build (so far about 40-50 bug fixes and counting) and some minor changes, like correcting certain Summon vs Cast event objectives.

I'll have to double check, but I believe the Duel Deck adjustments will be in 3.4 as well. Oh, I also think there will be an in-game Hint added in 3.4 to describe how Summon and Cast both behave.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Brigby still nothing? Come on!
    I don't really have much info to provide just yet about major features. As of right now it's a lot of adding bug fixes to the build (so far about 40-50 bug fixes and counting) and some minor changes, like correcting certain Summon vs Cast event objectives.

I'll have to double check, but I believe the Duel Deck adjustments will be in 3.4 as well. Oh, I also think there will be an in-game Hint added in 3.4 to describe how Summon and Cast both behave.
    Dang really? None of the quality of life improvements made it into this build? No pity timer? I love the bug fixes but I hoped they'd throw us at least one bone.
  • Brigby
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Dang really? None of the quality of life improvements made it into this build? No pity timer? I love the bug fixes but I hoped they'd throw us at least one bone.
    Well we're a small team with big plans, which means everyone has the same focused vision, but less flexibility in how wide of an area can be covered simultaneously. Quality of life improvements are certainly on the docket, but everything in the development pipeline has an order and schedule.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm actually super sympathetic for Octagon for the next couple of updates.

With War of the Spark now a looming requirement to continue game update progression, they have to consider the issue "how the tinykitty do we fit these game changes into our similar-but-different MTG game?"

Are we going to start seeing planeswalkers as supports? Are they actually going to attempt 32 new planeswalker as player options?  Will they finally allow us to play planeswalkers as planeswalkers?  What avalanche of glitches will this unleash? This new set doesn't blend well with mtgpq's framework.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

With War of the Spark now a looming requirement to continue game update progression, they have to consider the issue "how the tinykitty do we fit these game changes into our similar-but-different MTG game?"

Are we going to start seeing planeswalkers as supports? Are they actually going to attempt 32 new planeswalker as player options?  Will they finally allow us to play planeswalkers as planeswalkers?  What avalanche of glitches will this unleash? This new set doesn't blend well with mtgpq's framework.
    I honestly don’t think it’ll be that hard to implement the planeswalkers. Supports is the most likely way to do it. If I had to guess, I’d say the uncommon one will have an activated gem that causes them to lose a shield to gain a benefit while having a static one as well. Rare level walkers maybe the same but with trap gems that activate an ability and add to the shield count. Then the three mythic walkers will be the three we can play as. 
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wereotter said:

I honestly don’t think it’ll be that hard to implement the planeswalkers. Supports is the most likely way to do it. If I had to guess, I’d say the uncommon one will have an activated gem that causes them to lose a shield to gain a benefit while having a static one as well. Rare level walkers maybe the same but with trap gems that activate an ability and add to the shield count. Then the three mythic walkers will be the three we can play as. 
    Yes, supports would be the easy and simple way to do it, but it would be a huge miss at the theme and feel for the set.  You can't attack supports.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wereotter said:

Yes, supports would be the easy and simple way to do it, but it would be a huge miss at the theme and feel for the set.  You can't attack supports.
    Hmm, fair point, although I also think supports is the easiest way to go about it (or at least the uncommon ones).

Maybe they lose 1 shield any time you are dealt damage by a creature?  Not sure how easy that would be, but it would be much closer to how they work in paper
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I can confirm that there won't be 32 new Planeswalkers in the War of the Spark update. That's a LOT of Planeswalkers. :D

Regarding the recent history with Octagon..when you say there won't be 32 new Planeswalkers, does this mean there will be fewer or even more pws than 32?
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I can confirm that there won't be 32 new Planeswalkers in the War of the Spark update. That's a LOT of Planeswalkers. :D
    Well it seems you know SOMETHING. Tell us ... something more than there won't be 32. You gotta be able to do that. Again we're begging at the table for scraps. Throw us a bone!
  • Brigby
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Well it seems you know SOMETHING. Tell us ... something more than there won't be 32. You gotta be able to do that. Again we're begging at the table for scraps. Throw us a bone!
    Well I know War of the Spark won't be in 3.4, and considering that we're still working on that build and getting things finalized with testing, it's a bit hard for me to really communicate anything past that build since nothing else is 100% finalized yet.

I know at one point we wanted to see if we could add in 2 Planeswalkers in between 3.4 and 3.5, but no guarantees about that just yet.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    Options
    @Brigby it looks like 3.4 is coming next week since DDZE is scheduled for the weekend. Can you post details on the release yet?
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    Options
    @LakeStone is 3.4 releasing today? This week? If not is DDZE being swapped out?
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options
    We are rolling out the update today and should be live soon.  Thank you everyone for your patience!
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LakeStone said:
    We are rolling out the update today and should be live soon.  Thank you everyone for your patience!
    Can confirm 3.4 is live on Android right now.  Thanks!