Legendary Limited Stores - An Ongoing Discussion

Options
2»

Comments

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Would be nice to hit this store to finish Strange, since they dont seem to want to give him a feed. However, I cant possibly spend CP on a 2/5/5 Strange where theres a damn good chance I wont get a blue. 
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm glad to see these 5s stores pop up often these days. I just wish there was a way to exchange LL tokens for CPS. A lot of players stash is split somewhat evenly between LL tokens and CPs which makes it tough to complete some classic 5s even with the new stores.

Once you blow your CPs on the 5s store, you're not likely going to max cover any 5 from LL tokens left over. You very well won't max cover any 5s from the random store either unless you had a bunch of covers for those chracaters anyways. 

These 5s stores certainly aren't perfect for 4 transitioners, but better then keeping every classic 5 super diluted in the classic store, or charging and arm and a leg in CPs for one of their covers to go on sale.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tonypq said:
    I'm glad to see these 5s stores pop up often these days. I just wish there was a way to exchange LL tokens for CPS. A lot of players stash is split somewhat evenly between LL tokens and CPs which makes it tough to complete some classic 5s even with the new stores.

Once you blow your CPs on the 5s store, you're not likely going to max cover any 5 from LL tokens left over. You very well won't max cover any 5s from the random store either unless you had a bunch of covers for those chracaters anyways. 

These 5s stores certainly aren't perfect for 4 transitioners, but better then keeping every classic 5 super diluted in the classic store, or charging and arm and a leg in CPs for one of their covers to go on sale.
    True, just getting 350 pulls is difficult enough, and then it's split between LT and CP.  These stores are good for players who partially covered these classics 5*s though.  Technically, it's good for new players who want to get 1 cover for each Classic to unlock PVE nodes.  They can better target the ones they're missing.  Perhaps the best strategy is to simply hoard 350+ LT for when a new good 5* comes along, while also saving 8750+ CP for when a good Classic store comes along, which appears to be often.  I would love to get 5*Thanos if I had the CP. 
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I love the idea that they’re sitting on excess inventory so they’re having a sale. I picture Brigby sitting on top of a pile of comics so high he can’t reach the keyboard any more. 
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I generally only see positives out of giving the player more choices.  The difficult part is of course that you can only use CP and you can't use latest legend tokens etc.  In my case I have 120+ LL tokens and only about 1300 CP saved up, so why would I want to split my draws on these stores where I can only use CP.  I think for players not looking at hoarding though, or those who do buy clubs (CP) then this can make sense as a way to combat dilution in the 5* tier.  
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Would be nice to hit this store to finish Strange, since they dont seem to want to give him a feed. However, I cant possibly spend CP on a 2/5/5 Strange where theres a damn good chance I wont get a blue. 
    I am in the same exact position.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CT1888 said:
    Warbringa said:
    I generally only see positives out of giving the player more choices.  The difficult part is of course that you can only use CP and you can't use latest legend tokens etc.  In my case I have 120+ LL tokens and only about 1300 CP saved up, so why would I want to split my draws on these stores where I can only use CP.  I think for players not looking at hoarding though, or those who do buy clubs (CP) then this can make sense as a way to combat dilution in the 5* tier.  
    The only issue is, if you don't hoard, you don't have enough CP to get any real benefit from these stores, so it may actually encourage hoarding for some people. 
    This would hardly be the first time Demi made a change to combat hoarding that just made hoarding an even better strategy relative to opening.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Warbringa said:
    I am in the same exact position.
    If it's any encouragement to the both of you, I made about 20 pulls from this store and finished my 5/2/5 Strange. Hopefully, a feeder is on the horizon, but in the meantime, stores like this are really the only option.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2019
    Options
    So here we are now, with War of the Realms store, and Daredevil... Before that was BW and BP in Helas store... Only Hawkeye and SMPP left. Im sure Endgame will bring them around too...
    (Just to add to the table above)
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Options
    These stores are ok for players who've played religiously forever and just need a cover or two to finish a 5, or few newer players who just need one cover for the PVE node.

For anyone else who actively wants to cover or chase one of these 5s, then you really do need a big stash of CPs built up, especially since LL tokens cannot be converted into CPs. Seems like for many these stores will lead to hoarding even more. 

Unfortunately the way the cover system is designed along with rate we acquire LL/CPs , makes things very aggravating for many players. Especially those who want to key in on a specific 5, shouldn't require building a hoard for a year or longer.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They should get rid of LT for good; make all LT prizes 25 CP, convert all our LT to CP and allow us to just spend in different places. This would help more people advance by concentrating pulls while offering us the same reward values. It makes too much sense to help combat dilution, because “splitting pulls” between CP/LT dilutes just as much as the number of characters.

I thought about posting this in suggestions, but it’d just rot there. Plus it will never happen. No way they drop a premium currency. 
    This is pretty brilliant in the current environment.  If special stores are a long term plan, then their internal reward calculations should be looked at for relative value of LT or CP.

On the other hand, CP is what you get from buy clubs and so there’s a disincentive to hand out more. 
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2019
    Options
    So here we are now, with War of the Realms store, and Daredevil... Before that was BW and BP in Helas store... Only Hawkeye and SMPP left. Im sure Endgame will bring them around too...
    (Just to add to the table above)
    So, just to continue this, the Cinema Legendaries has SMPP now (and IM46, 1st Cap) so that only leaves poor Clint.
     As Ronin is coming soon, i think its a pretty safe bet to assume he will be in the next one (i would also guess along with Infinity Cap).
    [I'll clean up the table later when I'm on the computer, maybe put it in a sparate post so i can edit along the way and we can keep better track.]

For this new store i think its great that it will be around for 10 days and that it has vaulted characters. If they did this for other future special legendary stores it would help the 4* tier a lot. Just rotate which characters get vaulted, and it might not take 2 years to get my Magik to 13 covers :neutral:

That said, all these extra stores are great and all, now if we could only get extra cp earning opportunities so we could have something to actually spend in them. Support circuit being pulled for however long is another low blow in this area (for me at least).

EDIT: I've updated the table and made a separate post which you can find in the tips and guides section: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/78135/list-of-legendary-stores
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    They should get rid of LT for good; make all LT prizes 25 CP, convert all our LT to CP and allow us to just spend in different places. This would help more people advance by concentrating pulls while offering us the same reward values. It makes too much sense to help combat dilution, because “splitting pulls” between CP/LT dilutes just as much as the number of characters.

I thought about posting this in suggestions, but it’d just rot there. Plus it will never happen. No way they drop a premium currency.
    What if LTs could be used in any 25cp store?