Rising Tensions Runes Nerf: Mistake or Intended?

Theros
Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2019 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I noticed that the amount you get per win in RT with completed objectives has been reduced from 600 to 200. Previous version of RT was a positive step forward.
@Brigby can you please please confirm if the nerf was a mistake or intentional?
If intentional, what is the reason behind that? Anything in particular ?

Comments

• Stalker
    Stalker Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Yeah want to know if greed is coming back or not myself
  • OmegaLolrus
    OmegaLolrus Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    I KNEW something was different... I couldn't put my finger on it.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi everyone, 

The amount received per win in Rising Tension has always been 200 Mana Runes.
    There were no changes related to this.
  • Mooninja
    Mooninja Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Exactly. 200 per objective made rune farming engaging and doable. Farming up enough runes to level Sarkhan will take an age and a half even with out this change, but it would be a lot more enjoyable and a bit quicker. Terrible change. 

• Theros
    Edited my post. I forgot to specify the 200 runes for secondaries
  • Mooninja
    Really would like to hear something about this change. I’m only recently returned and already considering leaving again simply because of the oppressive rune farm. New players have so many pitfalls to avoid. A catch up mechanism is desperately needed here. There is no point in saving for a planeswalkers when it can take a month of farming to top them off. 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mooninja said:
    Really would like to hear something about this change. I’m only recently returned and already considering leaving again simply because of the oppressive rune farm. New players have so many pitfalls to avoid. A catch up mechanism is desperately needed here. There is no point in saving for a planeswalkers when it can take a month of farming to top them off. 
    I don't get what you mean.  A month of farming for a 2 color walker isn't that bad at all.  A month of farming for a 3 color walker is super fast.

We are getting runes faster than we have at any point since quick battle, and for someone who wouldn't be playing 100 qb fights a day it is even faster than that.  If you think every walker should just start at level 60 just say that, don't make it about rune accumulation, which Oktagon has done a great job at making easier for everyone.
  • BigSwifty
    BigSwifty Posts: 98 Match Maker
    I also hope they return it to the way it was previously; granting 200 runes per objective for a potential of 600 runes per match.
  • Stalker
    Stalker Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Mburn7 said:
    Mooninja said:
    I don't get what you mean.  A month of farming for a 2 color walker isn't that bad at all.  A month of farming for a 3 color walker is super fast.

We are getting runes faster than we have at any point since quick battle, and for someone who wouldn't be playing 100 qb fights a day it is even faster than that.  If you think every walker should just start at level 60 just say that, don't make it about rune accumulation, which Oktagon has done a great job at making easier for everyone.
    I don’t think every walker should start at lvl 60; However, when sold for $$ should come with equal needed runes to max immediately. Example: dual color walker should come with 160k runes. 
    I think the point was as a casual player i can play  tensions less to farm. Now to get what it used to give I have to play it 2x as much to equal one original play through. 
    It comes down to what makes a mobile game mobile? What are the majority of players, casual, or committed? 
    I left other phone games when they require you to be plugged into a wall all day or carry a heavy external battery, and commit too much time to keep up.This is no different.
    pretty safe bet that most are casual and heavily dislike every aspect of a mobile game being locked behind grinding or rng walls.
  • Mburn7
    Stalker said:
    Mburn7 said:
    Mooninja said:

I left other phone games when they require you to be plugged into a wall all day or carry a heavy external battery, and commit too much time to keep up.This is no different.
    pretty safe bet that most are casual and heavily dislike every aspect of a mobile game being locked behind grinding or rng walls.
    I don't agree with this assessment at all.

If you want to play both Training Grounds, Rising Tensions, and whatever other event is running (if there is one) equates to roughly 2-3 hours and 10-30% battery per day (depending on phone and deck speed).

With only that amount of playing (AKA no grinding) someone in a decent coalition who gets decent individual rewards can get a Premium Pack every week or two, an Elite pack every 2-3 weeks, and enough runes to max out a dual color walker every 3-4 weeks or so (I don't track my rune gains that much since I don't really care, so this may be more like 4-5 weeks)

That combined with the ability to craft a new non-dupe standard mythic once every week (every 10 business days if you don't open any packs at all and just play Rising Tensions daily) means this is by far the most free-to-play mobile game I have ever seen, although I will admit I have seen just a very small subset of mobile games.  I understand that not everyone wants to spend 3 hours a day playing a mobile game, but I would hardly consider that "locked behind a grinding wall"
  • Elektrophorus
    Elektrophorus Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2019
    @Oktagon_Daiane The 200/200 runes for secondaries were removed
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Wait... what?

Damn, I didn't pay attention.... GRN Rising Tension was my favorite daily event thanks to the potential of getting 600 runes per win, and now they're removing THAT?

I'll say I disagree with this change.
  • Mooninja
    Mburn7 said:
    Stalker said:
    Mburn7 said:
    Mooninja said:

I don't agree with this assessment at all.

If you want to play both Training Grounds, Rising Tensions, and whatever other event is running (if there is one) equates to roughly 2-3 hours and 10-30% battery per day (depending on phone and deck speed).

With only that amount of playing (AKA no grinding) someone in a decent coalition who gets decent individual rewards can get a Premium Pack every week or two, an Elite pack every 2-3 weeks, and enough runes to max out a dual color walker every 3-4 weeks or so (I don't track my rune gains that much since I don't really care, so this may be more like 4-5 weeks)

That combined with the ability to craft a new non-dupe standard mythic once every week (every 10 business days if you don't open any packs at all and just play Rising Tensions daily) means this is by far the most free-to-play mobile game I have ever seen, although I will admit I have seen just a very small subset of mobile games.  I understand that not everyone wants to spend 3 hours a day playing a mobile game, but I would hardly consider that "locked behind a grinding wall"
    I mean you have your perspective and I have mine. The straw man of why don’t we just get them to 60 is silly. Also, if your very optimistic assertion is correct two weeks for each dual color PW three for each tri color I guess. So add that up for a new player. That would be 52 PW at 1-3 weeks of pure investment of resources into to level. So at least a year, probably closer to 1.5-2 years of solid play to max out only the current roster of PWs. 

• Mooninja
    arNero said:
    Wait... what?

Damn, I didn't pay attention.... GRN Rising Tension was my favorite daily event thanks to the potential of getting 600 runes per win, and now they're removing THAT?

I'll say I disagree with this change.
    I 100% agree. Terrible change. It was the only viable method for rune farming and really content once you’ve completed the other event rewards. 
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Cynic in me says quick misdirection answer and then radio silence = intentional
  • tfg76
    tfg76 Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    While slightly off-topic, I'd rather see the whole Rune concept be removed, in favor of auto-levelling planeswalkers as you play with them. In essence, it would be the planeswalker gaining experience, not "you".
  • Mburn7
    tfg76 said:
    While slightly off-topic, I'd rather see the whole Rune concept be removed, in favor of auto-levelling planeswalkers as you play with them. In essence, it would be the planeswalker gaining experience, not "you".
    Yeah, that's been suggested several times, and most people seem pretty on board with it.  That means it'll never happen, of course (see:  loop prevention system)
  • Theros
    tfg76 said:

Some people like instant gratification at LV 60. An auto level function is good when combined with option for faster experience gain. This was everybody will be happy