Rising Tensions Runes Nerf: Mistake or Intended?

Options

Comments

• Mooninja
    Mooninja Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I’ve always thought it strange that you got nothing for using an underleveled  PW why not combine the two systems? You get a bit of exp straight to the pw you are using, and the. Some spillover  in the form of runes.  That and why don’t we have more deck slots? Seems like an odd decision to make them so very limited. 
  • versemage
    versemage Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just for everyone's benefit, completing each event, (ie. 60 points) and all five events would've netted everyone an additional 8000 runestones. I know not everyone would need 'em, but I sure as tinykitty do. 
  • OmegaLolrus
    OmegaLolrus Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    versemage said:
    Just for everyone's benefit, completing each event, (ie. 60 points) and all five events would've netted everyone an additional 8000 runestones. I know not everyone would need 'em, but I sure as tinykitty do. 

You and me both. Sarkhan3 ain't gonna level himself... nevermind the huge menagerie I have waiting to get leveled.
  • versemage
    versemage Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    And it's not like giving us runestones are cutting into their profit margin or anything, they don't even sell runestones, at least not outside of bundles. And even those amounts are negligible if you're trying to Max out a PW. Why begrudge us the extra resources we need to play our PWs competitively, especially if they're continuously dropping new characters? 
  • Mooninja
    Mooninja Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    versemage said:
    And it's not like giving us runestones are cutting into their profit margin or anything, they don't even sell runestones, at least not outside of bundles. And even those amounts are negligible if you're trying to Max out a PW. Why begrudge us the extra resources we need to play our PWs competitively, especially if they're continuously dropping new characters? 
    That is exactly right. It seems, if anything, to be a huge oversight that needs to be corrected beyond simply this one, and primary method of farming runes. The rune requirements for PWs is too high, especially considering the rate at which they are released. Having just come back to the game a month ago, I stopped playing shortly after the initial BFZ expansion, it is daunting to consider how long it will or would if I continue to play to catch up with even with only the current roster of PWs not to mention the future PWs as well.

• Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The real problem here is their complete lack of communication.  We have no idea if this is intended or just another stupid bug.  And they probably will never bother to tell us.

This has been a problem all along but now they have decided they can make huge changes to the game without bothering to test them and without bothering to tell us anything.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    starfall said:
    This week's RT is giving 200+200+200=600 runes per level.
    Perhaps because this is the original RT and the one for the new set it is the one that just gives 200.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rafalele said:
    starfall said:
    Perhaps because this is the original RT and the one for the new set it is the one that just gives 200.
    Thanks, captain! I think the reason for pointing it out is that the reward nerf wasn't planned - or maybe the original rewards weren't planned. One of them is likely "buggy'
  • ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Consistency.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2019
    Options
    rafalele said:
    starfall said:
    Thanks, captain! I think the reason for pointing it out is that the reward nerf wasn't planned - or maybe the original rewards weren't planned. One of them is likely "buggy'
    Your welcome! I have always thought that 200 runes for each objective in the original RT was not planned .
  • OmegaLolrus
    OmegaLolrus Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Consistency.
    Boom. Exactly.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,619 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Consistency.
    D3/octagon are consistently making us guess “Gee, I wonder what will happen next”? and “is this a bug or a feature?” 😂😂😂
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    starfall said:
    soultwist said:
    Cynic in me says quick misdirection answer and then radio silence = intentional
    It would be very cynical for a representative to come in the thread and claim the rewards hadn't dropped on a technicality, though.

I would agree, but it does seem to be exactly where we are.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tremayne said:
    Consistency.
    D3/octagon are consistently making us guess “Gee, I wonder what will happen next”? and “is this a bug or a feature?” 😂😂😂
    Ah, the ol'Bethesda model.  Not the game company I would want to emulate, but I guess not the worst either.
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Tremayne said:
    Consistency.
    Ah, the ol'Bethesda model.  Not the game company I would want to emulate, but I guess not the worst either.

Ya but Bethesda at least has a mod community that will "fix" their game for them. We don't have that... luxury over here in mobile land.
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't know if this is relevant to the discussion, but after testing the GRN Rising Tension for the Xp bug, it suddenly dawned on me there's something strange about the XP situation.

See, the last time I tested by putting a completely unmastered, fresh new common in my deck, I got 20 XP and the Xp bar of the card was filled over half the meter. At first this is already a known bug many players have reported, but then it hit me: That bar was filled over half, potentially 60% of the full bar as though the card got 60 Xp while I get only 20 Xp.

Which then hit me: GRN Rising Tension can award up to 600 Runes per win, 3 times what RNA Rising Tension can ever award. But perhaps somehow in doing so, by rewarding 3x the Runes of RNA, GRN instead also pushes the card mastery Xp 3x as normal despite not giving bonus Xp. Could the dumbing down of RNA Rune reward be somehow related to this bug?

I know this is a stupidly wild guess, but the situation feels rather uncanny....
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,619 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Tremayne said:
    Consistency.
    Not very familiar with Bethesda. Is that the Skyrim company? Didn’t know they had that kind of reputation. 🤔