*** Daredevil (Man Without Fear) ***

Comments

• bahukma wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    So... it's a trap?

You need to say it in your best Ackbar voice...."Its a TRAP"!!!

Wait, is everyone else's brain not hardwired to use his voice when reading those words?

I know mine is.

My son is 2.5 and we've already watched the original Trilogy together. I routinely quiz him on different Star Wars characters (Superheroes too).
    Whenever I say "who's this?" pointing at the esteemed Admiral Ackbar his response is "Eekbar! Iss trap!"
    I didn't know your son spoke with the accent of a grizzly voiced Russian! :p
  • bahukma wrote:
    I know mine is.

My son is 2.5 and we've already watched the original Trilogy together. I routinely quiz him on different Star Wars characters (Superheroes too).
    Whenever I say "who's this?" pointing at the esteemed Admiral Ackbar his response is "Eekbar! Iss trap!"

I imagine that must give you the same parental nerd pride I get when my three year old is on the playground and says "I'm the Hulk." Then he proceeds to jump around repeatedly yelling "Hulk Smash!"
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love when the get the concept of secret identies, that's pretty heavy stuff
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    I have played 4 matches now with Daredevil as a requirement, and all 4 games after using his Red Ambush, it was placed in a useable area and the AI triggered the next turn after activation.

WARNING!!!
    DO NOT BE SUCKERED BY THIS. This will never happen in PvP. Just a heads up for those even thinking about leveling their Daredevil icon_e_biggrin.gif

Bah, I fully leveled my DD. :-0 Up to all the 20 for a 1/1/1.
  • bahukma wrote:
    I know mine is.

I imagine that must give you the same parental nerd pride I get when my three year old is on the playground and says "I'm the Hulk." Then he proceeds to jump around repeatedly yelling "Hulk Smash!"
    So awesome. My son usually just yells "Raaaaargh! I Hulk!"

@WesFaram - Squeaky voiced Russian. He's too young and pure to be grizzled. icon_lol.gif
  • Just testing some permission-based stuff in a place where people will see the post. SOMEONE LEFT A BABY! IGNORE ME!
  • Did someone make you angry? Why are you so green?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Default color for mods. Guess it makes sense for when a mod goes all "HULK SMASH THREAD" I suppose. Not sure if I want to change it.
  • Daredevil + warning? All that comes to mind is a **** flopout during his red activation. Now that would be an odd bug.
  • So... it's a trap?
    My ackbar sense is tingling.
  • Sandmaker
    Sandmaker Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    I am ashamed to admit that I was once forced to match a red trap against a daredevil. Couldn't look myself in the mirror for days.
  • Hey...hey...HEY! How come cMagneto's Magnetic Translocation disarms DD's traps? That's so not right, if there are a bunch of traps out (there were) and he does the matching thing, he should blow up in a blaze of crotch kicks (he didn't.) WHAR R MY CROTCH KIX?!!
  • Viorala wrote:
    Hey...hey...HEY! How come cMagneto's Magnetic Translocation disarms DD's traps? That's so not right, if there are a bunch of traps out (there were) and he does the matching thing, he should blow up in a blaze of crotch kicks (he didn't.) WHAR R MY CROTCH KIX?!!

When he moves those parts of the battlefield the traps hidden there go flying off and land in some random place where a civilian will eventually trigger them. This is actually why translocation does so much damage... when Mags is paired with heroic characters they always scold him for this so he decides to just destroy the enemy so absolutely as to finish the battle more quickly and take the night off.

Daredevil really needs to work on some kind of anchoring device. But then it gets much more difficult to land a flying kick to the crotch... err, flying crotch to the kick... argh, you get the point.
  • uuddlrlr
    uuddlrlr Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Wouldn't DD be decent against a team that needs Red?

stats: 7712 damage at max level, when trap is triggered by enemy
    I believe this is the highest single-target damage in the game, so far
    It would kill everyone in one shot, except a maxed Hulk or 4* Wolvie

I thought the DD trap mechanics were refreshing, so I'm looking forward to collecting him; this doesn't seem to be the forum consensus, though, haha
  • Daredevil + warning? All that comes to mind is a **** flopout during his red activation. Now that would be an odd bug.

Did the "tinnykitty" filter miss something?
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shamusyeah wrote:
    Daredevil + warning? All that comes to mind is a **** flopout during his red activation. Now that would be an odd bug.

There are legitimate uses for the term **** beyond its slang usage.

Flopout on the other hand probably has no legitimate usage.
  • Shamusyeah wrote:
    Daredevil + warning? All that comes to mind is a **** flopout during his red activation. Now that would be an odd bug.

It's somehow even more hilarious to have a tinykitty flop out, hahahaha
  • Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    In case this hasn't been covered yet, I can confirm that Thor's Thunder Strike does not disarm traps.

I was up against Mags, Thor and Daken. Had a blue trap out when Thor activated his yellow skill, and the Thunder Strike simply changed its colour to green. Which resulted in a match. Which resulted in a stunned Daken. Good times.
  • Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    So possible new tactic. Use Daredevil with Thor for defence. Then even yellow and green tiles could be traps. icon_twisted.gif
  • I can't decide which Daredevil was worse...MPQ's or Ben Affleck...