Mana Crystal Currency Sale! (2/19/19)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

If you're looking to snag some Mana Crystals from the store, well guess what. We're throwing in an extra 30% to every Mana Crystal purchase! This sale is live now and will be available until 2/24.

Check out the full details below:
(All prices listed below are in USD. Prices may be converted based on your region and/or platform)
  • $4.99 (100 -> 130 Mana Crystals)
  • $9.99 (220 -> 290 Mana Crystals)
  • $19.99 (500 -> 650 Mana Crystals)
  • $49.99 (1300 -> 1700 Mana Crystals)
  • $69.99 (1850 -> 2450 Mana Crystals)
  • $99.99 (3000 -> 3900 Mana Crystals)

Comments

• Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is great and all, but what about Ravnica: Allegiance? Got any news about that?
  • OmegaLolrus
    OmegaLolrus Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Matthew said:
    This is great and all, but what about Ravnica: Allegiance? Got any news about that?

I'm sure he'll tell us the second he can.
  • Ampersand
    Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I mean, Mana Crystal sales often precede a new set release, so it can't be THAT far off...
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    At last two sets the crystal sale happen right after release. But yes new set is comming. 

Btw. I like 30% price cut sale more. 

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm at 5k after buying a ton of the duel deck mythics because I have nothing to spend the gold on. Thank you anyway
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When you have spent 3k crystals without a single Mythic, then a ~133$ Sounds kind of bad.

Before you ask, that is the price in my currency.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tremayne said:
    When you have spent 3k crystals without a single Mythic, then a ~133$ Sounds kind of bad.

Before you ask, that is the price in my currency.
    The best way to spend crystals is when a new set drops. Once you have all the uncommon and/or the orb bonus ends you should stop buying and start crafting. This game is set up for having a very long-term vision for collecting cards. They have promised a pity timer so things should get much better in the near term.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @GrizzoMtGPQ - good point, but still felt extremely bad to open so many PP before getting any mythic card.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    starfall said:
    Have you thought about selling jewels? 😊
    I've always thought that's a bad idea.  Not that I wouldn't be tempted, but it would make the game feel much more Pay-to-Win.  I like how right now the only real way to get Masterpieces is extreme luck or grinding (money helps, bud doesn't guarantee anything)
  • Mburn7
    Options
    starfall said:
    Mburn7 said:
    starfall said:
    Have you thought about selling jewels? 😊
    I've always thought that's a bad idea.  Not that I wouldn't be tempted, but it would make the game feel much more Pay-to-Win.  I like how right now the only real way to get Masterpieces is extreme luck or grinding (money helps, bud doesn't guarantee anything)
    They're selling Thopter Spy Network for cash today. It feels like we've crossed a threshold as far as Pay-to-Win goes.
    True, especially considering they also sold Drowner of Hope, which is probably the hardest to obtain card in the game.

But even still, I always dislike the idea of progressing further down that path, especially when there are Masterpieces at stake.  But I always seem to be in the minority here on these issues.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    Options
    starfall said:
    Mburn7 said:
    starfall said:

They're selling Thopter Spy Network for cash today. It feels like we've crossed a threshold as far as Pay-to-Win goes.
    True, especially considering they also sold Drowner of Hope, which is probably the hardest to obtain card in the game.
    Selling Drowner somehow didn't seem like such a big step to me, because, powerful though it is, it's only Legacy playable, and Legacy is generally ruled by combo decks that don't need it.

But TSN is Standard, and Origins does not rotate, so it will remain in Standard forever. Arguably the most powerful card in Origins? Certainly in the top 3.
    I
     vaguely remember it's only as powerful as six solemn recruits.

Most players focus on crafting origins first until they get it anyway. It shouldn't become a balance issue.
    The legacy cards..how is drowner more hard to get than literally any other mythic of that set? I think those legacy cards help newer players get a foot into legacy more than they disrupt legacy. It's standard that is broken anyway.
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It’s fairly well established that there are hidden tiers of rarity.  Some Mythics are more rare than others, Drowner is apparently in the rarest tier.
  • Mburn7
    Options
    starfall said:
    Mburn7 said:
    starfall said:

Selling Drowner somehow didn't seem like such a big step to me, because, powerful though it is, it's only Legacy playable, and Legacy is generally ruled by combo decks that don't need it.

But TSN is Standard, and Origins does not rotate, so it will remain in Standard forever. Arguably the most powerful card in Origins? Certainly in the top 3.
    I
     vaguely remember it's only as powerful as six solemn recruits.

Most players focus on crafting origins first until they get it anyway. It shouldn't become a balance issue.
    The legacy cards..how is drowner more hard to get than literally any other mythic of that set? I think those legacy cards help newer players get a foot into legacy more than they disrupt legacy. It's standard that is broken anyway.
    There was that old theory that certain cards are programmed as harder to get than others.  That was never definitively proved one way or another, but anecdotally nobody ever seems to pull it from packs (ever), and it always seems to be one of the last cards crafted.

But yeah, its still one of the best mythics in the game.  I was shocked to see it on sale for cash.
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Drowner was one of my only BFZ mythics for a long time back in the day. I spent a lot of crystals on those Eldrazi only Booster Boxes at the time and pulled it from there. That said, I'm pretty sure it's one of the rarest cards in the game.
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I got Drowner of Hope from single booster since SOI. 
    unfortunately, lacking of TSN and From Beyond. I  ended up played DoH with metallurgic Summoning.
  • Mburn7
    Options
    fiirst said:
    I got Drowner of Hope from single booster since SOI. 
    unfortunately, lacking of TSN and From Beyond. I  ended up played DoH with metallurgic Summoning.
    Drowner was my first mythic way back when.  I made a deck with it and a bunch of common/uncommon Eldrazi cards.  That deck (with minor changes as new sets came out) had defeated every single non-standard PvE fight, almost every single Story Mode fight, and a TON of PvP fights before I ever got TSN or From Beyond.

Now that I have both (thanks crafting!) the deck is just absurd, and still super consistent.  Its my only deck slot that has never changed as long as I've been playing this game (Its the only walker I bought an extra slot for so I'd never have to delete it).

Drowner is one of the most absurdly powerful cards in the game.
  • NinjaE
    NinjaE Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'll buy mana crystals when there is something new to buy with them.