Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Further conversations with my offspring:

"So what are the other Maggia called?"

"Uhm, ok, so there is thug, muscle oh and hitman."

"No what are their actual names? Like, the hat dude is called Don. What about the others?"

For a minute I thought about explaining but then thought, y'know he does have a point. So now the Thug is called Greg, the Muscle is Vinnie and not forgetting Bob the Hitman.

Bob, the Hitman.
    Can we shoot it?
    Bob, the Hitman.
    Yes, we can!

Hey!
    Time to get busy, such a lot to do 
    Shooting and clubbing till you're black and blue! 
    Bob and the gang have so much fun 
    Working together, they get the job done

Sounds like your son would get along with my youngest daughter just fine.  When we play the game of Life on the computer, she said that my wife's name is "Pink Peg" because she's always represented by...a pink peg.
    Lovely, I'll be internally singing Bob the Builder for the rest of the day, thank you very much.
    ♬ What can I say, except "You're Welcome!"
    For this game that we all like to play?
    Hey, it's OK.  It's OK.
    You're Welcome!
    We're just a company named Demiurge! ♬

There's a kids song that can be fit to just about anything....
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

"No what are their actual names? Like, the hat dude is called Don. What about the others?"

For a minute I thought about explaining but then thought, y'know he does have a point. So now the Thug is called Greg, the Muscle is Vinnie and not forgetting Bob the Hitman.
    I was thinking more

Don = Vito
    Muscle = Sonny
    Thug = Fredo
    Hitman = Michael
    Well using my son's logic Don = Don, so...
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

I was thinking more

Don = Vito
    Muscle = Sonny
    Thug = Fredo
    Hitman = Michael
    But isn’t Bob a Hydra Henchman not a Maggia Hitman?
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Ptahhotep said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

I was thinking more

Don = Vito
    Muscle = Sonny
    Thug = Fredo
    Hitman = Michael
    He works 2 jobs.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’ve been running Kate and Riri a lot for their boost week and in The Hunt the fact that I’m running a Hawkeye and an Iron (Wo)Man make it seem much more fictionally appropriate for a story event, even if it’s not actually Clint and Tony.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Ptahhotep said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

I was thinking more

Don = Vito
    Muscle = Sonny
    Thug = Fredo
    Hitman = Michael
    He works 2 jobs.
    Man. This economy's even hitting supervillain henchmen hard ;)
    Nobody thinks about the toll these “modern gritty reboots” take on the Henchman.  Sure, everyone knows about how dark & awful things have gotten for Batman and Superman, but what about your Average Joe Henchman.  Back in the day they had the comfortable green/yellow ulitatian jumpsuits, a well-funded pension and a good referral system in the event that their boss was imprisoned, killed or sucked into a cosmic vortex.  Nowadays, even the biggest Boy Scouts among super heroes are not above flat-out murdering you without even bothering to learn your name, at-best you’re on an evil 401k and have you looked at how much even a 2-year associate degree is at Latverian Polytechnic?   What’s a Henchman to do?
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Ptahhotep said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

I was thinking more

Don = Vito
    Muscle = Sonny
    Thug = Fredo
    Hitman = Michael
    He works 2 jobs.
    Man. This economy's even hitting supervillain henchmen hard ;)
    Since Taskmaster went Limited his prices have really rocketed for henchman training.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I always feel bad about killing Coulson. The fanbase worked so hard on keeping him alive... It just feels wrong somehow, you know?
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I always feel bad about killing Coulson. The fanbase worked so hard on keeping him alive... It just feels wrong somehow, you know?
    Don’t worry, he’s got a ticket to Tahiti.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ptahhotep said:
    It really is a magical place.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ptahhotep said:
    Ouch.  :(

Anyway, as he was flanked by 2 ultron bots (in the support circuit), i just figured that he isnt Coulson, but just an LMD....
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There's a certain irony that Quicksilver's Power "Speeding up" makes the Blue Shift PvP matches so very slow.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had totally forgotten the 'level up' button used to work by keeping it pressed so small increments of ISO would be pumped into the character. Yesterday I 'rediscovered' this feature while I wanted to put some levels on a couple of (farmed) re-rostered 3* characters from level 40 to a level 100 baseline, without maxing them out yet. No more tapping 60 times each!
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    3* Iron Fist uses his left hand for his power punch, while HoboFist uses his right. I know a lot of martial artists have some degree of ambidexterity, but usually their "power hand" is pretty consistent.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* Iron Fist uses his left hand for his power punch, while HoboFist uses his right. I know a lot of martial artists have some degree of ambidexterity, but usually their "power hand" is pretty consistent.
    What happens when he headbutts someone?
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I dunno. He's the Iron Fist, not the Iron Face ;)
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    My son's karate instructors tell him that he needs to practice with both hands.  When he's in front of the class leading the instructions, he will say "Right foot out, Ma Bu stance. Move!" and then put out his left foot out, so the very young kids facing him will mirror his movement and put their right foot out.  If he puts his right foot out, they'll mirror his movement and put their left foot out.  Same with the hand sets...he has to do them with the opposite hand than normal, so they'll just mirror what he's doing.

As for the "Iron Face" one of the moves he did at his Black Belt ceremony was to break a board with a head butt.  I suppose that's more Juggernaut than Iron Fist, but it was still pretty cool. :)
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    My son's karate instructors tell him that he needs to practice with both hands.  When he's in front of the class leading the instructions, he will say "Right foot out, Ma Bu stance. Move!" and then put out his left foot out, so the very young kids facing him will mirror his movement and put their right foot out.  If he puts his right foot out, they'll mirror his movement and put their left foot out.  Same with the hand sets...he has to do them with the opposite hand than normal, so they'll just mirror what he's doing.

As for the "Iron Face" one of the moves he did at his Black Belt ceremony was to break a board with a head butt.  I suppose that's more Juggernaut than Iron Fist, but it was still pretty cool. :)
    Yeah, I did karate for years back in the 90s. My form was as good on either side, but I still always had more power with my right. Most everyone else in our dojo was the same. If I really needed to take someone out, that punch would come with my right.
    The Iron Face thing was just supposed to be a Shaolin Soccer reference, but I haven't seen it in over 15 years and I got the name wrong.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    So did you guys have to fight ancient dragons at your dojo's too?