Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just got around to clearing today's DDQ, and got a one move win on the Behemoth Burrito. Well, what do they expect when making me run Grockamora against Lvl90 opponents?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,571 Chairperson of the Boards
    I decided to try and chase Bishop as I was close to his blue cover in Strange Sights and would only need one more to get him to 209 - 80CP later and a bonus yellow Bish! Snagged his blue and got my Magic cover from Shield Training and it was red which meant I could beat her first node too. Very pleased!
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    Just got around to clearing today's DDQ, and got a one move win on the Behemoth Burrito. Well, what do they expect when making me run Grockamora against Lvl90 opponents?
    Try GrockGamora + 3*Thanos on that node. Should be done in 2 turns. I've been using Gritty-Thanos and that's how long it takes me every time. 
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2019
    Once GE Doom entered Tokens I pulled everything as I got it, but didn't manage to pull Doom in time for Strange Sights. Since I don't play for placement I still chose SCL9 for the increased CP rewards. 
    Just pulled Doom during the second sub, so I only missed out on the one token and 3 CP in the first sub.

Added bonus, I can start hoarding again so I can avoid pulling even more Kingpin covers (3/5/3 now).

Might try a few lucky pulls just before Cable leaves Latest, as he's almost finished at 5/4/3.

Edit: I don't play for placement, I do, of course, play for progression.
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2019
    Got a yellow cover for 2* Storm from progression in Shield Sim.

This might not sound so special, but it then took a while for the 28 saved covers to apply after re-champing her :)

Also finished shield training for the first time (actually first time getting past half-way), after pulling a BH for HoboFist, and saving/spending 7000 HP for the H4H offer. Feels really weird to spend that much, but it was two useful covers, effectively 3 with Magik, and my HP income is pretty good overall.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had a nice morning with MPQ.

- First and foremost, I finally pulled my 1st GE Doom cover with today's DDQ LT, just in time for the second sub of Strange Sights. Hopefully this enables me to salvage a T20 finish. This also allows me to start hoarding tokens and get a jump start on whoever comes after Doom, since I already have Cable & Fatpin champed.

- Pulled a Bishop out of the Strange Sights store. Been a while since I pulled anything useful out of one of those with a freebie token.

- I bought out that Wakanda vault. I hope a lot of other people do too and tell the developers this is what vaults should look like. My Okoye is upset that I'm making her fight in a slinky red dress, but she appreciates another rank and 50 more levels on her Royal Talon Fighter. A girl has gotta have a sweet ride, ya know?

- Got a lucky Heroic Token pull and nabbed another Namor, to make him 2/3/2, and that much closer to level 209 for his inevitable presence in a near-future SHIELD Training.

- I went up a SHIELD level! Always nice to get a shot of ISO. Mmm, love the purple stuff.
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Once GE Doom entered Tokens I pulled everything as I got it, but didn't manage to pull Doom in time for Strange Sights. Since I don't play for placement I still chose SCL9 for the increased CP rewards. 
    Just pulled Doom during the second sub, so I only missed out on the one token and 3 CP in the first sub.

Added bonus, I can start hoarding again so I can avoid pulling even more Kingpin covers (3/5/3 now).

Might try a few lucky pulls just before Cable leaves Latest, as he's almost finished at 5/4/3.

Edit: I don't play for placement, I do, of course, play for progression.
    Missed out on the 5E points in the first sub, did one run for 6 clears on everything in that sub.
    Second sub did two runs for 7 clears overall, but all in the last twelve hours.
    Did the third sub as optimal as possible, missing out on the 5E and the 7th clears on 2E, 3E and 4E...

Got T50 placement (45th) and nabbed and extra Magik cover!
    With sub-optimal play and on a release event, still T50... I'm satisfied.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulled one token from the Favorite Heroes vault - Got a champ 5-star level for Thor, and a bonus Okoye cover to put her at 4/3/4.  There's my luck for the month...
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Similar story here. Accidentally tapped the latest legends store and got my first blue Doom.  He’s now at a solid 1/1/1 start for when I bust my Endgame hoard!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    I softcapped my last 5* last night. The only things that need ISO on my roster right now are 3* dupes. After almost 3 years, I'm almost ISO positive. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I placed #8 in The Hunt on SCL7. Got a much needed purple cover for Prowler to bring him to 3/4/5. 

This is the first time I've placed in the top 10 in years!
  • jym010
    jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Pulled 6 out 12 5*s on the favorite legends vault!  50% draw rate!  Nowhere close to being in 5* land but at least get some good covers for the metas!
  • DAZ0273
    I finished 9th in The Hunt which was very nice and unexpected as I missed the first sub and somehow landed in a sub-optimal bracket. I was only hoping to mnake it to the 4* cover & first lot of CP.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    In The Hunt, I went hard after the Prowler covers because I needed the CL9/T20 cover to finish him off. With my Champion Okoye being the boosted 5E I was taking approx. 25 minutes per set, but there was a problem. I was doing slice 5, which begins & ends at 11pm my time, and so it's the only slice where I'm guaranteed to be able to do my clears un-interrupted, but I get up for work at 4am and so I was only getting 4.5 hours of sleep per night.

My clears were almost optimal but my sleeping habits were not.

Last night, with the final clears of the final sub remaining, I was actually in contention for a T10 spot, but the lack of sleep was taking its toll and by 8pm I knew that if I tried to wait until 10:30pm I'd be falling asleep during my clears.
    My ace in the hole was that I'd spent 700CP on the Okoye/Thor/Kitty vault a day or so earlier and pulled the cover I needed to finish Prowler, and so I decided to start my final clears a couple of hours early. I still fell asleep a couple of times :blush:

When I woke up this morning I logged into MPQ and while I'd naturally missed out on a T10 spot, I'd still finished at #16, and so I was able to add two more levels to my newly Championed Prowler :smiley:
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was running short on time doing my grind in the Central Park sub. Finished the last node, got the "too late!" message. But sometimes that comes a little early... No, the Madripoor sub already started. Guess I was just a fraction too slow. Tough bracket and I was #37 going into sub 2. Guess it's top 50 at best.
    ... But then I get sub rewards for top 10 placement? What? Finish my grind and I am #8 overall. Guess I finished that last node just in time!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finished T5 in CL9 for The Hunt in 5th place... by one point. I finished my final grind with about a minute left. Checked the overall LB to see I was in 6th place by a point. 

I went back to the sub and my easy nodes were worth two points. I hit one and finished just in time. Thankfully, the guy above me didn't do the same, and so I won by a single point. 
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 437 Mover and Shaker
    Opened a 10-pack earlier and got 4x 4*

Venom
    Kraven
    War Machine 
    Black Panther
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got the season 10 pack and got both a 4SL (level 330, LT for the hoard) and a bonus Iron Spider to get to 300.  My 7th BSSM, thank you!

Then opened a single Heroic and got another 4 and another bonus 4!  This time BW, as I am 8 covers from a champed 5BW and her 5E is coming up pretty soon.

Oh, and decided I could spend another 100 cp in the Favorite Legends and got a Kitty, bringing her back into a tie for first in my roster (462).  Now I'm saving for CM, hoping all my luck isn't gone.
  • DAZ0273
    Champed Pan4 to use with Shuri on her PvP and had a lot of fun all the way to 900.