Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• StevO-JStevO-J Posts: 700 Critical Contributor
    First time we completed all rounds of an Alliance event, that was pretty cool. The Sinister 6 event is a bit more generous with points awarded, so it's easier than most if not all, but a bonus LT is always a win.

And got to 10k points in this season's PVP score with completing Sim progression. Not that difficult, but I usually skip the first few PVP events each new season, so this was a nice bonus too.
  • carlj64carlj64 Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Started the morning on 19cp.

Ran last node, got 1 cp. Daily reward was elite token.

Opened elite. Dupe 2 star. Meh.

Decided to drop 100hp on Sinister 6 draw. LL. 

Opened LL - purple - GED - my first.

Moved to classics chasing Kitty - purple - yay! Loki. Less yay.
  • sambrookjmsambrookjm Posts: 1,554 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seeing that my boosted 2-star Daken was healing 420 points of health each turn.

I can just picture him yelling at the police "It's medicinal, man!"
  • AnonAnon Posts: 1,006 Chairperson of the Boards
    My alliance ended up very short of the LL Token reward for Spider-Man vs Sinister Six.

Why is this a good thing? It's the closest we've ever gotten. Super casual alliance and I'm still surprised we almost pulled it off.
  • ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 3,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 12
    I know it's the off season and all, but last night I hit 900 in Hooked on a Feeling without using a shield for the first time since I champed my first 5*.

Since champing Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) I have no float point anymore, i went from 600pts to <400, where before as a 4* player with over half the tier champed i was occasionally floating at 7-800 overnight, but never less than 550-600. I had to push all the way back up in one go from 380 or so. I stopped looking for high value teams and just went after teams I knew I could beat quickly, and I got there in 35 wins. It was a nothing champ-level for Professor X (276), but I also scored lvl 132 for Bag-Man.

• TPF AlexisTPF Alexis Posts: 3,322 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got an Advanced Support Token from the Support Circuit Vault that gave me a 3* Dora Milaje. Reminded me that I need to run P4nther/Shuri more often :)
    edited February 13
    The 11th Seed! The legends are true! :D
    EDIT: Spoke too soon. Got a Beginner Support Token from HoD, which kicked out a 3* Royal Talon Fighter!

• abennessabenness Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    I'll be very interested to see who gets through the entire month of participating in Support Circuit without something worthwhile.

Last week I was happy with a 3* Pocket Radio, which I didn't have before, and has since gotten me through a crash.  This week a vault token gave me an advanced token, which kicked out a 4* Element Guns (upgrade from 2*).

I AM happy with support circuit, and the increased chance for both RISO and supports. But I have also been buying the daily deal in the vault to improve my number of pulls.
  • sambrookjmsambrookjm Posts: 1,554 Chairperson of the Boards
    Getting over 30K damage in Strike tiles on the Sentry required node with Sentry, C4rol, and 5-star Hawkeye.

Cast Photonic Barrage
    Cast World Rupture.
    Each countdown that resolves boosts some of the strike tiles on the board *and* gives you AP from Hawkeye, which you can use to cast his cheap blue and red for even more countdown tiles.  I ran out of blue tiles on the board on two separate occasions.

The highest single strike I had was over 8300, and there were a couple more that were in the 6-7K range.  I didn't even need Court Death to take out the enemy team in one turn with that much damage.
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't finish my last clear of sub 1 in Hearts of Darkness on time, so I was in 18th Place at the beginning of sub 2. Figured I was out of the running for top 10 thanks to that mistake and decided to take it easy. Finished my sub 2 grind with several minutes left, tapped whatever Points were available... and when the next sub started I was suddenly in 8th Place. Guess a lot of people screwed up the sub 2 grind, going to be an interesting finish.
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    I didn't finish my last clear of sub 1 in Hearts of Darkness on time, so I was in 18th Place at the beginning of sub 2. Figured I was out of the running for top 10 thanks to that mistake and decided to take it easy. Finished my sub 2 grind with several minutes left, tapped whatever Points were available... and when the next sub started I was suddenly in 8th Place. Guess a lot of people screwed up the sub 2 grind, going to be an interesting finish.
    Ended
     up 4th overall, must have been a lot of screwups. Certainly didn't expect that!
  • bbiglerbbigler Posts: 1,400 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the first time ever I completed Shield Training. The stars aligned and I got my Magik cover. I had no problem getting Bishop covers, in fact, I'll champ him in a couple days. 

Also, surprisingly, I ranked top 50 in SCL 9 Hearts of Darkness.  This is surprising because I didn't have the 5e character! That's right, it can be done. I ended #43. 
    Just got around to clearing today's DDQ, and got a one move win on the Behemoth Burrito. Well, what do they expect when making me run Grockamora against Lvl90 opponents?
  • DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 3,230 Chairperson of the Boards
    I decided to try and chase Bishop as I was close to his blue cover in Strange Sights and would only need one more to get him to 209 - 80CP later and a bonus yellow Bish! Snagged his blue and got my Magic cover from Shield Training and it was red which meant I could beat her first node too. Very pleased!
  • bbiglerbbigler Posts: 1,400 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 16
    Just got around to clearing today's DDQ, and got a one move win on the Behemoth Burrito. Well, what do they expect when making me run Grockamora against Lvl90 opponents?
    Try GrockGamora + 3*Thanos on that node. Should be done in 2 turns. I've been using Gritty-Thanos and that's how long it takes me every time. 
  • Steel_ColtSteel_Colt Posts: 271 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 17
    Once GE Doom entered Tokens I pulled everything as I got it, but didn't manage to pull Doom in time for Strange Sights. Since I don't play for placement I still chose SCL9 for the increased CP rewards. 
    Just pulled Doom during the second sub, so I only missed out on the one token and 3 CP in the first sub.

Added bonus, I can start hoarding again so I can avoid pulling even more Kingpin covers (3/5/3 now).

Might try a few lucky pulls just before Cable leaves Latest, as he's almost finished at 5/4/3.

Edit: I don't play for placement, I do, of course, play for progression.
  • abennessabenness Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    edited February 17
    Got a yellow cover for 2* Storm from progression in Shield Sim.

This might not sound so special, but it then took a while for the 28 saved covers to apply after re-champing her :)

Also finished shield training for the first time (actually first time getting past half-way), after pulling a BH for HoboFist, and saving/spending 7000 HP for the H4H offer. Feels really weird to spend that much, but it was two useful covers, effectively 3 with Magik, and my HP income is pretty good overall.
  • DormammuDormammu Posts: 3,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had a nice morning with MPQ.

- First and foremost, I finally pulled my 1st GE Doom cover with today's DDQ LT, just in time for the second sub of Strange Sights. Hopefully this enables me to salvage a T20 finish. This also allows me to start hoarding tokens and get a jump start on whoever comes after Doom, since I already have Cable & Fatpin champed.

- Pulled a Bishop out of the Strange Sights store. Been a while since I pulled anything useful out of one of those with a freebie token.

- I bought out that Wakanda vault. I hope a lot of other people do too and tell the developers this is what vaults should look like. My Okoye is upset that I'm making her fight in a slinky red dress, but she appreciates another rank and 50 more levels on her Royal Talon Fighter. A girl has gotta have a sweet ride, ya know?

- Got a lucky Heroic Token pull and nabbed another Namor, to make him 2/3/2, and that much closer to level 209 for his inevitable presence in a near-future SHIELD Training.

- I went up a SHIELD level! Always nice to get a shot of ISO. Mmm, love the purple stuff.