What to prepare for the 300 LT Pull and when to do it

2»

Comments

• froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    PvP seems to be at its worst when first entering new level territory. A short time ago, I got really frustrated by seemingly getting matched only against teams 50-100+ levels above me, for 20 points. Couldn't even make the 575 without a major grind.

Several more 4* champs latter, I can usually make 900 now.

• heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    I think this is all sound advice, especially about PVP.  I remember awhile back I would try to play PVP and it would be so hard to hit 575 to get the CP.  Since I started this post, i've been playing PVP more, and I can get to nearly 700-800 without much effort these days, although 900 can be a struggle.  I would credit that to my growing number of champed 4*s. 

If going to 5* land means a step back in PVP, then it doesn't seem worth it, which is what most of you are saying.  My plan is to get to 300+ LT, and then when the 5*s look good, I will unleash my hoard, but I will refrain from champing them or leveling them too high.

As for things getting stale, it is a bit better these last couple of weeks.  I still use my goto Grockmora a lot, but I've also been playing PVP and doing ok.  it is not quite so frustrating as before.  I've also started exploring more 4* teams.  Recently I've champed Iceman and Wasp, and  fully covered mordo, nightcrawler, and quake.  I've been exploring some teams with Wasp: Rocket, wasp, 4* SL/or Wasp, Carol, C&D.  None of them are quite killer or goto, but they are a bit fun. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    heybub said:
     I've been exploring some teams with Wasp: Rocket, wasp, 4* SL/or Wasp, Carol, C&D.  None of them are quite killer or goto, but they are a bit fun. 
    Try Wasp with 3-star Falcon and anyone who makes strike/defense tiles quick (either of the Blades, Grocket, Thing, Daken, either Bullseye, etc).  Just match yellow so Falcon passively buffs while building AP for Wasp's flips, and purple for Falcon to spam more tiles.

Carol is a good teammate but it can take a while for her black to get going so you usually want a different third on that team other than Falcon, either to accelerate Carol (like Cloak&Dagger or 3Fist) or a supplementary tile producer/countdown generator (like Medusa).
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    Another interesting teammate for Carol/Wasp is Bishop.
    If you focus on the yellow, Wasp can drop the Strike + Protect, and Bishop can get those Buzzing in no time.
    Even if it takes a bit longer to get Carol's black, buffing those tiles every turn really adds up.