MPQ Sneak Peek: January 2019 Edition *Updated (1/28/19)

Comments

• spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    By the end of this week and Strange Sights, my Bishop will definitely have 13 covers and 3 saved covers, and my Domino is waiting on just one more cover. My Prowler's already champed. I've added Jubilee as my next BH to get her to at least the 209 level, and after that my only non-limted 4*  that needs to move up that same ladder to level 209 is Wiccan, (until Namor arrives). 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    bluewolf said:
    Brigby  This thread has dropped off the front page of General Discussion.  I'm not sure if it can be pinned again, or if there are too many pinned discussions (some limit), but it's only showing up in the Events section right now.  
    It still appears as Announced on the General Discussion page for me. Did you accidentally click "Dismiss" in its drop-down menu?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby
    I can’t quite figure out why it doesn’t show up; I can’t see the “Dismiss” toggle so maybe I did select it.  At least I can find it in Events, and it’ll soon be replaced anyway.
    Thanks!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Identity Theft: Ugh.
    Strange Sights: Yay!
    And the boost list is only a small step down from last week's.
    Identity Theft
    I'm quite fond of this boost list, but we're going to see SO many XFDP/C4rol teams everywhere I'm sure. Main Event is so good boosted though.

My 3/4/8 Nebula is wishing that Identity Theft yaro root was a bit riper...
    Main Event is super Powerbomby indeed, what a shame we didn't get him AND CHavez both same week - now that would have been FUN!
  • DAZ0273
    edited January 2019
    Yeah, I don't like Daken's PvP and Mystique is right behind in stinkyness. To complete the kick to the nether regions I suppose they could run She Hulk next...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    What's wrong with Mystique's PvP?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Getting hit with Master Plan and losing a ton of AP like every other turn, the way the AI cascades. Well, exaggerating, but you get the point. She's just a really annoying character to fight, much like She-Hulk.
    DAZ0273 said:
    Yeah, I don't like Daken's PvP and Mystique is right behind in stinkyness. To complete the kick to the nether regions I suppose they could run She Hulk next...
    I haven't actually been minding Daken's this time around. Kitty is exceptionally well suited to it :3
  • DAZ0273
    edited January 2019
    Mystique steals AP AND also potentially costs you additional AP if you need to fire black but haven't been able to shapeshift. Add in the fact that she has a stun. I imagine an added annoyance for Okoye fans would be that at power level 5 on Shapeshift she even steals AP when you make a team-up match. And the AI always manages to shapeshift somehow. And the AI always seems able to shapeshift.

Nobody likes having their AP stolen.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm planning to run Nightcrawler/Professor-X in that Mystique pvp, see if it works without X on boost- that team is comedy gold with the cascades. Domino/XFDP or Domino/C4rol is going to be similarly dangerous but fun i think.
  • Brigby
    bluewolf said:
    Brigby
    I can’t quite figure out why it doesn’t show up; I can’t see the “Dismiss” toggle so maybe I did select it.  At least I can find it in Events, and it’ll soon be replaced anyway.
    Thanks!
    If you can't find the Dismiss toggle, then you did select it. You're correct that it'll be replaced soon, but you can always bookmark the post by clicking the star.

• Fendrish
    Fendrish Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Ok, I never ever post, and I appreciate how hard this game must be to keep updated and fresh and keep all of us players happy.  But, How on earth is there ANOTHER Nebula Red as a reward.  It was crazy in the Alliance event that gave everyone 5 red covers.  And then there was a PVE event that awarded ..... a Red cover.  Now, there is a PVP event that rewards..... a Red cover!  I know that I could get another cover from placement, but not everyone can get top 10.  As evidence that only 10 out of 1000 get that cover.  While I will happily wait for my blue or green and take the champ rewards when I pull that blue or green, I feel it is crazy that there have been so many red and no rewards of blue or green.  Is it a random pick for which color is in the progression reward or is this some crazy evil plan the devs are devising.  Ok, rant is over.  Still love the game and all it is.  Thank you for everything you do.  
  • Brigby
    *(01/25/19) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies
  • CathexisZero
    CathexisZero Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    So if the pattern holds, 5* Kingpin will be the required for the Namor release in Venom Bomb?   Oy.   
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Dude! You jinxed it!
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wait, they actually scrambled the order to make Kitty second in the Latest rotation? Are they purposefully keeping the stronger character out of the Namor release to keep people from considering SCL9? This feels just spiteful.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    Wait, they actually scrambled the order to make Kitty second in the Latest rotation? Are they purposefully keeping the stronger character out of the Namor release to keep people from considering SCL9? This feels just spiteful.
    No. It's actually been Cable, then Kitty, then a third, since November (first with Loki, then with Kingpin). They've done the exact opposite of "scrambled the order" because they haven't changed it at all in months.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    zodiac339 said:
    No. It's actually been Cable, then Kitty, then a third, since November (first with Loki, then with Kingpin). They've done the exact opposite of "scrambled the order" because they haven't changed it at all in months.
    Really? So weird. I was getting used to it being whoever is leaving gets put in the third spot. Why are they so against predictability in rotations? Guess I only paid attention since it affects a character release.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    zodiac339 said:
    JHawkInc said:
    zodiac339 said:
    Really? So weird. I was getting used to it being whoever is leaving gets put in the third spot. Why are they so against predictability in rotations? Guess I only paid attention since it affects a character release.
    I thought they used alphabetical order of the 3 latest
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope. Archangel was never first, Wasp was often in the middle, and Kitty/Kingpin are backwards. There doesn't appear to be a pattern (the main reason I have notes is to have a rough idea of when Classic 5's will cycle, but it's useful for things like this). But I did check, because I hadn't heard someone suggest they were alphabetical before. Unfortunately, no dice. Which means we're stuck guessing each time the Latest trio changes, or any time there's something screwy going on (special celebration events, things like the Raids, etc). Not a huge deal, but everyone likes a little predictability so they can plan for things.
  • Brigby
    *(01/28/19) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, Weekly Buffs, and added info on 4-Star Namor