Dangerous Doctors results

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I intended to pull these for a while because I thought my banner was really low.  However when I pulled my first 4 I got a banner and realized he was actually 3/3/3 before that cover.  I'll wait for Doom to come into normal tokens and wait for banner to get a feeder.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Got 1 doom in I think 8 pulls the went to almost finish Kitty who is at 4/5/3 feeder ready
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Started with a 5/1/5 Strange and a 4/3/5 Banner. Spent about 1100 CP. Still have a 5/1/5 Strange (with some more saved Blue covers), and 4/3/5 Banner (with a saved Purple cover) and a 2/0/0 Doom. Pretty much a total disaster.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I normally do some pulls from these stores, but I am going to wait for Doom to cycle in to LTs this time around. 
  • KenshinUK
    KenshinUK Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Made about 6-7 pulls and got 1 strange and 1 doom. Happy to stop there.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    rixmith said:
    Started with a 5/1/5 Strange and a 4/3/5 Banner. Spent about 1100 CP. Still have a 5/1/5 Strange (with some more saved Blue covers), and 4/3/5 Banner (with a saved Purple cover) and a 2/0/0 Doom. Pretty much a total disaster.
    Sheesh, that's horrible... I can sympathise, but I can't say it gets better unfortunately. Had my bad luck streak a couple of days ago, and it still annoys me no end. 
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Had 76 cp from here and there. Pulled 3.

4* Gamora
    5* OMG Doom
    5* Banner

Good times. :)
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    it's Banner in there and an ancient 5*

why do you guys pull, just for the 5*essential? 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    ammenell said:

Lots of people still use 5trange. Covers for him ain't the worst thing - probably better than covers for Cable or Kingpin anyway. If my 5trange was closer to being useable I might have been tempted, but at only 1/1/1 I would have to use my whole CP stash to get him champed and I would rather wait for a better store to spend the CP in.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, if you want at least one cover for Doom to make the essentials possible then you're either pulling for Doom/Banner/Strange or Doom/Cable/Kingpin. Neither of them are great options. Personally I'm hoping one of the tokens I get from Galactus turns into Doom and saves me from spending on either of those groups, but I probably won't be that lucky.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    One of the reasons I pull from release stores is to get at least one cover for the new character to ensure I have them for essential nodes. 

But probably the main reason is the targeted Classic characters. Some of my Classics are pretty poorly covered, and this is a good opportunity to increase the odds I'll get them covered specifically rather than spreading my odds over 27 currently in the Classics store. 

For instance, my Banner went from 0/1/0 to 1/2/3 in roughly 45 pulls (so far). I say roughly because I know I did 38 pulls initially, but haven't been tracking since. Also pulled a 5trange champ level and two Doom covers, FWIW.

Pulling the same amount of CP in Classics would have been about 56 pulls, which would have gotten me 8 5* covers on average. But what are the odds even one of those covers would have been for Banner? Not very good.

Yes, for arguments sake the five Banner covers I got easily could have gone to 5trange or Doom instead, or those eight hypothetical covers from Classics all could have been for Banner, but the former scenario is unlikely (though not unheard of) and the latter is so highly unlikely, no reasonable person would accept it as a valid argument. 

So for some people, these new release stores can be a great way to play catch up with poorly covered Classic 5*s.

And yes, I'm fully aware Banner ain't that great. But, gotta champ 'em all...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulled 7. 0 5*  :D
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    ammenell said:

I have 9 max-covered (Thor, Okoye, Kitty, Jessica, Daredevil, Thanos, Cable, Goblin, and Archangel).  Kingpin is already 5/2/5 +3 (a swap and he's done).  Loki needs 5 more feeder covers to be done.  Gambit needs Rogue (or any level 300 4*) as a feeder to be done.  Ghost Rider needs 9 feeder covers or any bonus hero to be done (4/4/4).  IW Cap and Panther are 2/5/5 (though their feeders just passed cover #1 unfortunately).

So basically it's hard to find a vault that does not contain a character I already have more or less done. 

Also, with the exception of Black Bolt, I'd be hard-pressed to find a 5* I don't have max-covered that is better than Dr. Strange (mine is 2/2/2).  And with them being as diluted as they are, release stores are your best bet to cover Classics. 

All of that said, as good as Strange is, and as desperately as Banner needs covers (1/0/1), I am holding out until Doom plus the next two are in Latests.  I still don't believe I can pull as I go and cover everyone and like the insurance of having extra pulls in the event things go south.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did a few pulls (~6) and pulled a Banner on #2 and a 5trange on #6, so no more. If I'm not getting Doom in my lucky 5* odds, then I'm not slogging through more pulls in that store. Time to hoard for LL and hope I can pull one for PvE Essential.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Pulled twice, both times were 4* I'd already champed. I'd have been happy with any of the 3 5-stars, but especially Doom so I have him for Essentials in the near future.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Got 3/16 (no tokens yet).

Two GED's and one Dr. Strange (purple), he's the main reason I tried my luck - he's 5/3/1 and could now theoretically be completed with a *proper* feeder some day...  
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kolence said:

Two GED's and one Dr. Strange (purple), he's the main reason I tried my luck - he's 5/3/1 and could now theoretically be completed with a *proper* feeder some day...  
    Oh, that’s great. Not Doctor but G.E.D. “Yeah, ‘Doctor’ Doom over there didn’t even get a High School Diploma, but his parents said he couldn’t rule Latveria like that, so he went to night classes while working at the local VonDonalds.”
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Personal progression token gave me a blue Doom cover. :) Essential nodes unlocked, so I can hoard again when Kitty leaves LLs. Still waiting for the alliance token, dare I hope for a 5trange cover?
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    zodiac339 said:
    Kolence said:

Oh, that’s great. Not Doctor but G.E.D. “Yeah, ‘Doctor’ Doom over there didn’t even get a High School Diploma, but his parents said he couldn’t rule Latveria like that, so he went to night classes while working at the local VonDonalds.”
    It's God Emperor Doom, He didn't spend six years in Evil Theology School to be called "GED," thank you very much.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Second token gave me another blue Banner cover, so he's up to 2/2/3 now. Would have preferred a blue Doom cover, but oh well.