MPQ Sneak Peek: January 2019 Edition *Updated (1/28/19)

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX said:
    *(01/11/19) IceIX - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies and Weekly Buffs.

Been a while since I've done one of these updates... Fully expect I fat-fingered something along the line.
    Thanks for the update. We realize it's a little late in the day and it's less likely people were actually "in the office" to provide one, but we always appreciate having a road map to kinda plan things in advance a little bit.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    IceIX said:
    *(01/11/19) IceIX - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies and Weekly Buffs.

Been a while since I've done one of these updates... Fully expect I fat-fingered something along the line.

At first I was very confused. I'm so used to seeing Brigby that when I saw IceIX I thought it was some new boss event. Nice to know the big B has some backup!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    JHawkInc said:
    IceIX said:

Thanks for the update. We realize it's a little late in the day and it's less likely people were actually "in the office" to provide one, but we always appreciate having a road map to kinda plan things in advance a little bit.
    Hi Everyone. I had to take the day off at the last minute for personal reasons, so big shout out to @IceIX for being kind enough to cover for me while I was gone. Thanks for understanding!
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh thank goodness! Nightcrawler and not Thing again so soon after the last time. Versus though... Black Vortex plus Earth’s Mightiest equals 5 days of boosted Carol, followed by Rogue slowing things down for the first week of season. Well, maybe it’s more painful to imagine than it will be to experience.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    IceIX said:

Thank you, this is very much appreciated!

The only thing wonky, is that the title didnt change so people might not know there IS an update within. Neither in the Announcements  or Gen Discussion category is it displaying the 1/11/19 update in the title. Only the old 1/8/19 one. Not sure how that happens... Must be a forum format thing....
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    The second sub of Unstable Iso-8 seems to be giving out two CP rewards for the final hard node and 4* essential, despite only being a 24 hour sub.  Is that a mistake?
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    The second sub of Unstable Iso-8 seems to be giving out two CP rewards for the final hard node and 4* essential, despite only being a 24 hour sub.  Is that a mistake?
    Same here. I hope it’s something permanent going forward...
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    That was the 48hr sub last time, so I’m guessing it was just a mistake
  • Brigby
    *(01/14/19) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and added info on 5-Star Doctor Doom
  • Doragon
    Doragon Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Brigby said:
    *(01/14/19) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and added info on 5-Star Doctor Doom
    Hi, I think there might be an error in the recent update to the <Hotshot> Versus Tournament.

3-Star: Doctor Doom (Otto Octavius) should be Doctor Doom (Classic) instead.
  • zodiac339
    Doragon said:
    Brigby said:
    Hi, I think there might be an error in the recent update to the <Hotshot> Versus Tournament.

Superior Doctor Doom. Otto takes over Doom’s body. Checks over Doom’s records.
    ”Hmm, now where is his degree? Wait! He left college!? Why, he’s not a doctor at all! Fraud! Fraud I say!! The world must know that Victor von Doom will henceforth be known as Mister Doom!”
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    Doragon said:
    Brigby said:

”Hmm, now where is his degree? Wait! He left college!? Why, he’s not a doctor at all! Fraud! Fraud I say!! The world must know that Victor von Doom will henceforth be known as Mister Doom!”
    Doctor Doom has a degree from the University of Latveria (tm)*

I wouldn't really want a degree from Doom/Reed's college to be honest. After all Reed sent his beloved ones into space and got them filled with deadly radiation and Doom exploded his own face.

*Founded by Victor Von Doom.
  • zodiac339
    DAZ0273 said:
    zodiac339 said:
    Doragon said:
    Brigby said:

Doctor Doom has a degree from the University of Latveria (tm)*

I wouldn't really want a degree from Doom/Reed's college to be honest. After all Reed sent his beloved ones into space and got them filled with deadly radiation and Doom exploded his own face.

*Founded by Victor Von Doom.
    Founds U Latveria. Declared himself a Doctor.
    Founds Church of Latveria. Declared himself God.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    DAZ0273 said

Their supervising professor obviously considered them to be showing a commendably high degree of commitment to their research and was happy to award them doctorates. I wonder who that was?
  • Brigby
    Doragon said:
    Brigby said:

Woops! Nice catch! Although Otto taking over the role of Doctor Doom sounds like an interesting alternate reality to think about :D
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Galactus Hungers with a boosted America Chavez and Iceman? Thanks for a weekend off, MPQ!
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Galactus Hungers with a boosted America Chavez and Iceman? Thanks for a weekend off, MPQ!
    Boss events usually have their own boost list 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is true. However, in this case, Iceman happens to be Featured, so he's Boosted there, too.
    Hulkbuster and 3* Iron Fist are boosted for it, too, which generally gets me through these pretty easily.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    This is true. However, in this case, Iceman happens to be Featured, so he's Boosted there, too.
    Hulkbuster and 3* Iron Fist are boosted for it, too, which generally gets me through these pretty easily.
    Yeah true that, I was being lazy. Iceman doesn’t seem like a good match against galactus since his stun won’t work and aoe is wasted against one opponent, but I guess the side nodes maybe?