MPQ Sneak Peek: January 2019 Edition *Updated (1/28/19)

Comments

• gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Amazon appstore update changed the icon.  It shows Torch, a new Doom, and Namor.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Oh. Okay then. Well, I’ll be disappointed if it’s Doom on Thursday instead of Namor. Reasons: having only the 3* version for years, Doom, one of the most dangerous [Earth]. Villains in MCU who has actually had the power of a god really deserves that 5* spot. Human Torch required and should bring in Namor like in comics, as mentioned in prior posts. I kind of got bored with Namor, so I’d prefer him as 4* and not worry about him unless required.
    EDIT: And there’s the iOS update live. So just F4 week and not a new Torch, right?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(01/08/19) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Weekly Buffs.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    That boost list for Stretch Goals...
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh, might throw in my Vulture for the week. At almost 340 unboosted, he’s pretty dangerous. Also, placement is Domino for UISO-8? That looks like a release delay, and at the end of a season with a Limited 4 and a 5. Pig in Shield Sim next season, even though he won’t be in tokens? Looking forward to more info please.
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    A delay in new character releases = more time for Kitty to stick around in LL tokens. Love it!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Marvel.com livestream said we're getting PVP events for all four F4 members, guess IW and Torch will be our off-season events. MPQ really didn't have a lot going on in that stream, but we're also like the only game that already had Fantastic Four members, so adding them (and Doom) to other games is a bigger deal, since they're new there, but have been here for years.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unstable ISO ending an hour Before the season does? Difficult decisions ahead for top Alliances then.
  • MoonKnight
    MoonKnight Posts: 63 Match Maker
    edited January 2019
    zodiac339 said:
    Oh, might throw in my Vulture for the week. At almost 340 unboosted, he’s pretty dangerous. 
     Not to mention Medusa. Carnage + boosted Medusa + boosted Vulture? Sign me up. 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby shouldn’t there be a new release character this week?  The week of Christmas we got spider ham, no character for New Years and now no new character this week but 2 new characters announced.
    if the new character is next week are the devs planning on going back to back weeks of new releases or are they going to go every other week after the next new release?

• Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Otherwise it would have been only 1,5 week in between releases. So as before Porky, we get 2,5 weeks in between releases.. Extra week of Kitty in latest!!!!!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Is there a pattern to the featured 4* placement to progression cover color? I need a green Domino to finish her up, and I can't tell from the placement rewards in unstable iso-8 what the subsequent event is going to give out
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is there a pattern to the featured 4* placement to progression cover color? I need a green Domino to finish her up, and I can't tell from the placement rewards in unstable iso-8 what the subsequent event is going to give out
    It's typically the middle placement award, so it should be green.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Nice! thanks
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smart80 said:
    Otherwise it would have been only 1,5 week in between releases. So as before Porky, we get 2,5 weeks in between releases.. Extra week of Kitty in latest!!!!!
    Spider-Ham's release event started on the 24th December.  If we had the next new release over this weekend, then it would have been 17 days between releases.  With the new release next weekend, it's a 3.5 week gap.
    [not that I'm complaining: it's given me some time to catch up with champing some of my other characters at 13 covers]
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was looking at the release schedule.  Kitty was a 9/20 release, entering tokens on 10/8/18.  The normal release schedule (4/4/5) means 6 weeks between 5's, or 18 weeks in Latest.  Feb 11, 2019 will be 18 weeks from Kitty entering tokens.

So, if a new 5 releases next Thursday, 1/17/19, they would enter tokens 2/4/19 (a week less than most 5's for Kitty that way).  If the 5 comes two weeks later, 1/31/19, then they should enter tokens 2/18/19.  That would mean an extra week for her.  Time will tell.....
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited January 2019
    Any way to tell whose PVP is up next between Torch or Sue? Or I guess Doom? Trying to decide where to throw this iso between Sue and Reed (whose PvP is nearly over). I’m betting it won’t be Sue since she isn’t the 4* placement reward from Stretch Goals
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any way to tell whose PVP is up next between Torch or Sue? Or I guess Doom? Trying to decide where to throw this iso between Sue and Reed (whose PvP is nearly over). I’m betting it won’t be Sue since she isn’t the 4* placement reward from Stretch Goals
    Neither is HT the 3* in placement. Based on the dates Marvel.com provided when they said we were getting all four F4 PVP events, I think there's one before Torch/Sue.

Wishful thinking, since that Marvel.com article said "For the first time, all four Fantastic Four characters will be able to square off against God Emperor Doom and Victorious." in the MPQ section, maybe an off-season "4-person" PVP event to test the mechanic of letting us have one more character in a fight?