Who has the better beard?

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin

Captain America or Mr. Fantastic?

Who has the better beard? 33 votes

Captain America (Infinity War)
45%
sinnerjflatomzedvinnygeckoFeloniusJackDeath666KevmcgRagnoluceqandolsmarshallMr_CurtainsDAZ0273pandaslayeggsPersephonestarfallSaltyK 15 votes
Mr. Fantastic
48%
Dormammuchamber44KolencerixmithkillercoolMalcrofBlackBoltRocksbluewolfLilithKGBFelessaAnonTPF AlexisPiMacleodskittledaddyFloRisk 16 votes
Other
6%
firethornehelix72 2 votes

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited January 2019
    Ever since I saw the new variant cover, I couldn't help but ask this question.  :D

Discuss!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr. Fantastic
    Possibly the best Reed artwork ever!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr. Fantastic
    The cover is really good. Plus, Reed makes a lot more sense with a beard to me. Cap just should be clean-shaven. 
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Sorry, Mr. Fantastic, but I prefer Captain America, especially with his beard.  
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr. Fantastic
    LumberReed?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr. Fantastic
    Lumbercap looks better overall, but his beard looks like he just hasn't shaved in a couple of months. Reed has actually taken care of and styled his, so even tho he doesn't look as good, I have to give him the nod on the beard specifically.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I always think of Reed as a bit absent minded mad scientist and so that beard is just far too cultivated for my liking.

As for Cap - the original premise of Nomad was beardless but during the 80's when Steve loses the Cap mantle he rocked a proper beard which is what Infinity War paid homage to:

• marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Joe Manganiello/Chris Evans Cap FTW! The beard elevates him at least a full rank.
  • DAZ0273
    The more I look at it, the more I am convinced that Reed's beard is a bit sinister looking. Hmm...is that really Reed or could it possibly be an imposter? I suspect the nice clean shaven Reed is trapped in the Negative Zone even as I type this. That would also explain the character rebalance...hmm...maybe somebody should alert Nick Fury.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Look at Reed's power-stance...both crossed arms AND hands on hips. really sends a message

• DAZ0273
    Look at Reed's power-stance...both crossed arms AND hands on hips. really sends a message

Yes, a message that his beard has evil intentions.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    It says: "Look upon my re-re-work, ye mighty, and despair..."

• DAZ0273
    It says: "Look upon my re-re-work, ye mighty, and despair..."

Who wants free powers? Free powers for everybody who brings a sword or shield! Or fists! Now just step into my lab and feed them into this random machine...
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    The more I look at it, the more I am convinced that Reed's beard is a bit sinister looking. Hmm...is that really Reed or could it possibly be an imposter? I suspect the nice clean shaven Reed is trapped in the Negative Zone even as I type this. That would also explain the character rebalance...hmm...maybe somebody should alert Nick Fury.
    [singing] Evil Troy and Evil Abeeedd [/singing]

Braun Strowman. Oh wait...

Funny.  My favorite basketball player is "The Beard", James Harden.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Other
    I know it's not a full beard, but you have to consider 3* Dr. Strange's goatee...
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other
    Luke Cage.