Hello D3 Go! Forum Users -

If you are still having trouble updating your birth date on your forum profile, then please follow the steps listed in the below discussion thread.

Please copy and paste this URL for details --> https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/72653/new-forum-terms-of-service-steps-to-update-profile

It is very important that all users complete this process, otherwise they will unfortunately be unable to actively participate in the forum on their current account.

Thank you!

Who has the better beard?

BrigbyBrigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 6,596 Site Admin

Captain America or Mr. Fantastic?

Who has the better beard? 31 votes

Captain America (Infinity War)
41%
sinnerjflatomzedvinnygeckoFeloniusJackDeath666KevmcgRagnoluceqandolsmarshallMr_CurtainsDAZ0273PersephoneSaltyK 13 votes
Mr. Fantastic
51%
Dormammuchamber44KolencerixmithkillercoolMalcrofBlackBoltRocksbluewolfLilithKGBFelessaAnonTPF AlexisPiMacleodskittledaddyFloRisk 16 votes
Other
6%
firethornehelix72 2 votes

Comments

• BrigbyBrigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 6,596 Site Admin
    edited January 10
    Ever since I saw the new variant cover, I couldn't help but ask this question.  :D

Discuss!
  • MalcrofMalcrof GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 5,783 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr. Fantastic
    Possibly the best Reed artwork ever!
  • bluewolfbluewolf Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr. Fantastic
    The cover is really good. Plus, Reed makes a lot more sense with a beard to me. Cap just should be clean-shaven. 
  • PersephonePersephone Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Sorry, Mr. Fantastic, but I prefer Captain America, especially with his beard.  
  • DormammuDormammu Posts: 3,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr. Fantastic
    LumberReed?
  • BlackBoltRocksBlackBoltRocks Posts: 2,279 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr. Fantastic
    Braun Strowman. Oh wait...

Reed's beard goes very well with that white hair. BeardCap ain't bad either; he looks like a Calvin Klein model confidently strutting down the walkway
  • TPF AlexisTPF Alexis Posts: 2,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr. Fantastic
    Lumbercap looks better overall, but his beard looks like he just hasn't shaved in a couple of months. Reed has actually taken care of and styled his, so even tho he doesn't look as good, I have to give him the nod on the beard specifically.
  • DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 2,062 Chairperson of the Boards
    I always think of Reed as a bit absent minded mad scientist and so that beard is just far too cultivated for my liking.

As for Cap - the original premise of Nomad was beardless but during the 80's when Steve loses the Cap mantle he rocked a proper beard which is what Infinity War paid homage to:

• marshallmarshall Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Joe Manganiello/Chris Evans Cap FTW! The beard elevates him at least a full rank.
    The more I look at it, the more I am convinced that Reed's beard is a bit sinister looking. Hmm...is that really Reed or could it possibly be an imposter? I suspect the nice clean shaven Reed is trapped in the Negative Zone even as I type this. That would also explain the character rebalance...hmm...maybe somebody should alert Nick Fury.
  • ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 2,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Look at Reed's power-stance...both crossed arms AND hands on hips. really sends a message

Look at Reed's power-stance...both crossed arms AND hands on hips. really sends a message

Yes, a message that his beard has evil intentions.
  • ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 2,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 11
    It says: "Look upon my re-re-work, ye mighty, and despair..."

It says: "Look upon my re-re-work, ye mighty, and despair..."

Who wants free powers? Free powers for everybody who brings a sword or shield! Or fists! Now just step into my lab and feed them into this random machine...
  • Daredevil217Daredevil217 Posts: 1,919 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    The more I look at it, the more I am convinced that Reed's beard is a bit sinister looking. Hmm...is that really Reed or could it possibly be an imposter? I suspect the nice clean shaven Reed is trapped in the Negative Zone even as I type this. That would also explain the character rebalance...hmm...maybe somebody should alert Nick Fury.
    [singing] Evil Troy and Evil Abeeedd [/singing]

Braun Strowman. Oh wait...

Funny.  My favorite basketball player is "The Beard", James Harden.
  • helix72helix72 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Other
    I know it's not a full beard, but you have to consider 3* Dr. Strange's goatee...
  • firethornefirethorne Posts: 1,426 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other
    Luke Cage.