Doctor Octopus (Classic) - Character Update (12/12/18)

124»

Comments

• Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    sinnerjfl said:
    Phumade said:
    I see your point about tentacles, but making match 4 is strong point for human players.  That’s a skill recog issue.  From personal play it feels like there are p,entry of match 4 chances.  I dint think that was a bad limitation.

for me the lack of fortification on the black cd was a problem.  Rarely got it to resolve quickly.  There might be parings that resolve it, but it sorta limits black for me
    Match-4's are available yes, but they do shake up the board a lot and tentacles are not fortified.

Black should be fortified now...  but it's not. So that leaves you with options that might also fortify green which negates the damage portion of the whole power, sigh.
    Hawkeye would fortify the black but not the repeater.
    That sounds like a job for Goblin or Cable.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Glad I waited to hit up the Big Bads store, now that Carnage is confirmed to be Ock's feeder (finally), that means far fewer pulls I need to do.
    Thanks for doing this!   
    But, you may be a day late for some people who already pulled a bunch..
    Now, how about a feeder for Strange, Banner, or Surfer? (or Kitty, Cable AA, Gambit)
  • King_Koopa54326
    King_Koopa54326 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Brigby said:
    His stun resistance isn't working against Court Death. I had a tentacle on the board, killed an enemy with a power and Ock got stunned along with everyone else. 

-snip-
    The team is aware of this issue, and they're already working on a fix for it. 
    Just played again and tentacle resisted court death
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    I only have a single green cover for my Doc Ock, but I love this new power.  I'm building nuclear plants left and right, and they're working for me.

Everybody's annoyed, possibly rightly, with the devs for this event, so I'd like to say thanks for making this character so darn fun!
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2018
    Thanos said:
    sinnerjfl said:
    Phumade said:
    I see your point about tentacles, but making match 4 is strong point for human players.  That’s a skill recog issue.  From personal play it feels like there are p,entry of match 4 chances.  I dint think that was a bad limitation.

for me the lack of fortification on the black cd was a problem.  Rarely got it to resolve quickly.  There might be parings that resolve it, but it sorta limits black for me
    Match-4's are available yes, but they do shake up the board a lot and tentacles are not fortified.

Black should be fortified now...  but it's not. So that leaves you with options that might also fortify green which negates the damage portion of the whole power, sigh.
    Hawkeye would fortify the black but not the repeater.
    That sounds like a job for Goblin or Cable.
    The point is to fortify the countdown, so it resolves; but not the repeater, so you can match it.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Based on my playing of the boss event I'm finding that I'm getting 1-2 tiles on the board within just a 4-5 turns. If I run a team with more precise board control such as with Mr Fantastic I expect that getting 4 would be pretty easy.

But yeah the black countdown tile not being fortified and him not playing well with most other characters and supports that can fortify tiles is probably his weakest character trait.