The lack of M19 content

Options
13»

Comments

• Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Imbrium said:
    I used to feel the same way with Ixalan, @Leufbidir.  I haven't "connected" with M19, and people talk about cards that I don't have, and I fully expect to have to craft them if I want them at all.  
    I agree that the M19 set is too hard to acquire.  TotP isn't an option for most people - too expensive and you don't break even.  I am not necessarily advocating a drop in the entry price, (although, maybe it should be) I'm jut saying that as the only regular way to acquire more M19 content, (apart from crystals we are busy trying to accumulate for the upcoming Ravnica release or Booster crafting) the risk of losing it is too prohibitive for most. 
    This set may well pass me by, but after acquiring most of Ixalan and experiencing the set as it was designed I will actually be sorry to see it go. 
    Not only have I not connected with M19. I gave up on buying cards early on and to some extent regret buying the ones I did. The set is mostly lackluster and with no events being run for it I almost feel like I would have been better off skipping the entire set and saving for Guilds.
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    But you get JEWELS from Totp!!!! You're not spending crsytals to gain boosters... you're spending crystals to gain boosters and JEWELS!!! Ask any of the hundreds of players who has a BSZ now how good jewels are <3
    Irrelevant

khurram said:

Although i don't agree with your whole not counting TotP due to "negative" crystals gain argument. I'll set it aside for the time being and just talk about AX. It does not impart any "negative" crystal gains. So of course you try to declare it an anomaly and then discount it for the sake of your argument... because it gave "positive crystal gain, more pinks, and a booster all with refreshing nodes."? By that logic, all events are anamolies and we should not even be having this conversation. AX was an event introduced with Ixalan and it does count when considering event rewards from that period. And as reflected by the number of boosters that players could got from it as a result, RIX and DOM events are not close. 

"Free" or "not free" there were more events giving the latest set's boosters as rewards pre-RIX. The acquisition of cards without having to spend crystals and availability of events has in fact been continually lowered since XLN. Period.

If you want to argue further, do state what you believe to be the number of boosters a player could get via events during IXN and then later during RIX and DOM to compare.

I call it an anomaly because by all accounts, it should have replaced TotP entirely; and, for a time, it initially did. XLN was released and TotP was gone. We had AXLN instead which was in every way better. It ran in a similar format with better rewards. It replaced Enraged and Supercharged with the new mechanics from XLN. It's an anomaly because instead of sticking with that decision and changing it's reward booster each expansion to the newest set like they should have, it's sat there giving out XLN boosters since it was put in the game because they instead restored TotP. I view that as a colossal **** up on their part. I can't argue that because of it's existence, XLN has given out more free boosters than any other set in the game, before or after.

If it had instead rotated it's reward pack to RIX when it came out, then to DOM, and then to M19, that wouldn't have been the case. This speaks to a case of laziness by Oktagon or poor choices, your pick.

If we look outside of AXLN, the other sets - RIX & DOM - have awarded more boosters through their events than XLN did. DOM much more so. RtO has been run 7 times. BoFT & AWR have been run five times each and all four Journeys have been run four times each. BoFT awarded more boosters than RtO while AWR rewards a similar number but is boosted by the existence of the Journey events.
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    Options
       The whole point here doesn't seem to be which set was more or less generous in terms of boosters ... It is that M19 gave us almost no boosters. (totp excluded ... But totp is too elitist to be taken in account anyway).
       In fact, the situation with M19 is way worse than with any of the former sets ... There's not only a lack of m19 boosters but more precisely a lack of ANY standard boosters (Granted, the events are bugged ... But still ... )