The lack of M19 content

Options

Comments

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Agree wholeheartedly.

The sad thing is that people sometimes get upset when there's too much negative feedback, even though it's resulted in some changes...but when we provide positive feedback, it consistently seems to be ignored.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Options
    There's one way they could make us crae about M19 which is to cut Origins out of Stanfdard.
    That's not entirely true.  There are a bunch of fun cards in M19.  The issue is nobody can get them without spending more valuable resources (jewels) or paying real money.
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    There's one way they could make us crae about M19 which is to cut Origins out of Stanfdard.
    That's not entirely true.  There are a bunch of fun cards in M19.  The issue is nobody can get them without spending more valuable resources (jewels) or paying real money.
    Most sets are like that?

Not even remotely.

DOM had AWR and all four A Journey Through History events that we ran several times a month and each one of those events gave boosters.

RIX had BoFT, which the majority of players understandbly dislikes, yet we ran it multiple times a month and it awarded multiple boosters.

XLN had **** AXLN and RtO which we ran six days a week and multiple times a month, respectively, and we were inundated with boosters. (Yes, the XLN drop rates are garbage but we got piles of the damn boosters, and still do)

HOU had HoD, HoR, and RotGP and we ran those **** things into the ground for months and got a metric ton of HOU boosters.

AKH had ToZ and ToA which was when I started playing and those were running every week with plenty of boosters.
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    Options
       If i'm not confused We didn't see BoFT that often when the set was released though.       
       I'm pretty sure that a few posts were already ranting about the retention of RIX boosters.

Anyway, according to Brigby, devs doesnt want to schedule TDW because the bug that allowed players to grind over progression hasn't been fixed yet. Double penalty that is.
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brakkis said:
    Mburn7 said:
    Most sets are like that?

Not even remotely.

DOM had AWR and all four A Journey Through History events that we ran several times a month and each one of those events gave boosters.

RIX had BoFT, which the majority of players understandbly dislikes, yet we ran it multiple times a month and it awarded multiple boosters.

XLN had tinykitty AXLN and RtO which we ran six days a week and multiple times a month, respectively, and we were inundated with boosters. (Yes, the XLN drop rates are garbage but we got piles of the damn boosters, and still do)

HOU had HoD, HoR, and RotGP and we ran those tinykitty things into the ground for months and got a metric ton of HOU boosters.

AKH had ToZ and ToA which was when I started playing and those were running every week with plenty of boosters.
    Player 1: M19 has some fun cards but you have to spend jewels to get them.

Player 2: most sets are like that.

You: Not true because here is a list of events that were introduced with each set.

Me: scratches head

The number of boosters that players could get from RiX to M19 events have been barely enough to complete the commons and uncommons from those sets, let alone the "fun cards", which in case of M19 are the masterpieces.
  • Mburn7
    Options
    khurram said:
    Brakkis said:
    Mburn7 said:
    Most sets are like that?

Not even remotely.

XLN had tinykitty AXLN and RtO which we ran six days a week and multiple times a month, respectively, and we were inundated with boosters. (Yes, the XLN drop rates are garbage but we got piles of the damn boosters, and still do)

HOU had HoD, HoR, and RotGP and we ran those tinykitty things into the ground for months and got a metric ton of HOU boosters.

You: Not true because here is a list of events that were introduced with each set.

The number of boosters that players could get from RiX to M19 events have been barely enough to complete the commons and uncommons from those sets, let alone the "fun cards", which in case of M19 are the masterpieces.
    That's not entirely true.

We have had exactly 2 non-ToTP events run that give M19 boosters.  2.

There have been dozens of events that give DOM boosters (we've had 4 or so AWR plus a ton of the Journey Through History events), not to mention the fact that those events also include a guaranteed DOM rare (many of which are very, very good)

We have seen BoFT quite a few times for RIX boosters, plus they had that bug where the drop rates went through the roof for a month or so (I know that takes currency, but getting several mythics and rares per premium pack definitely increases accessibility).

That combined with the fact that crafting for RIX and DOM have been at the "normal" price for a while means that I (and many other players) have a very good collection of rares and mythics from those sets.  The only M19 mythics I have are from Elite Packs, since M19 packs are more expensive to purchase and, again, have only been given out twice for "free" in events.
  • Brakkis
    edited October 2018
    Options
    khurram said:
    Brakkis said:
    Mburn7 said:
    Most sets are like that?

Not even remotely.

Me: Heres a list of numerous events  from their respective expansions that were each run several times and gave ample amounts of booster packs, significantly reducing the need to use jewels to acquire the majority of the cards. This is a direct counterpoint to the idea that all sets require spending all of your Crystal's to acquire the majority of cards.

You: Missing the point.

BoFT was run enough in RIX that I have 100% of the rares without having to have crafted a single one while I spent crystal's on XLN in an attempt to build up that sets collection. It was the only other expansion to come with only 1 new event. The vast disparity between not only M19 and the previous expansions as a whole but the most relatable expansion in terms of the number of new events is absurd.

1 M19 event, run twice, in over two months. That's not okay.
  • khurram
    Options
    Brakkis said:

Me: Heres a list of numerous events  from their respective expansions that were each run several times and gave ample amounts of booster packs, significantly reducing the need to use jewels to acquire the majority of the cards. This is a direct counterpoint to the idea that all sets require spending all of your Crystal's to acquire the majority of cards.

BoFT was run enough in RIX that I have 100% of the rares without having to have crafted a single one while I spent crystal's on XLN in an attempt to build up that sets collection. It was the only other expansion to come with only 1 new event. The vast disparity between not only M19 and the previous expansions as a whole but the most relatable expansion in terms of the number of new events is absurd.

Don't know what your call ample but RIX and the sets afterwards haven't been able to hold up to the previous sets in terms of number of boosters players could get as rewards. TotP and AX allowed access to one booster daily for IXN and older sets and it was only later, after several requests from the players that they changed TotP rewards to DOM and now M19.

And talking about missing the point, it's not really the majority of cards that I was talking about in reply to that earlier comment. Imo, shared by other players who have expressed it on these forums , M19 is a mostly lackluster set with the exception of it's MPs which are total powerbombs, the 'fun' cards as people like to refer.

The drop rates for RIX have been the highest of all sets and with only 104 cards, so good on you for getting those rares. But the number of RIX boosters gotten each day were still not on par with the previous sets.

My point so that you don't miss it: It's not just M19 that has had a lack of content. The trend of fewer boosters as rewards and fewer runs of current set's events started with RIX and reached just new hights with M19. 

Disclaimer: I'm in no way advocating this trend. I like getting new cards.
  • Mburn7
    Options
    khurram said:
    Brakkis said:

Don't know what your call ample but RIX and the sets afterwards haven't been able to hold up to the previous sets in terms of number of boosters players could get as rewards. TotP and AX allowed access to one booster daily for IXN and older sets and it was only later, after several requests from the players that they changed TotP rewards to DOM and now M19.

My point so that you don't miss it: It's not just M19 that has had a lack of content. The trend of fewer boosters as rewards and fewer runs of current set's events started with RIX and reached just new hights with M19. 

I don't know what you're talking about that DOM didn't/doesn't have enough boosters awarded through events.

Each of the Journey Through History events rewards 2 DOM packs and rare card.  Those have each been run several times (I think 4 or 5 times each but I could be wrong)
    AWR also rewards DOM booster packs as rewards for individual progression as well as individual and coalition rewards.  You end up with quite a few packs by the end of the event (and another guaranteed rare)

That has felt like plenty of event packs to me, although obviously more is better.  The only difference between DOM and IX/RIX is the every day event, but I wouldn't expect that with every set (since Across Ixalan is the first set-specific version and just the second non-TG daily event ever made here)

By contrast we have had exactly 2 runs of 1 single event that gives M19 packs as reward.
    That is what this complaint is about.  Every other Oktagon set has been handled fine in this regard.  M19 has not.
  • Brakkis
    edited October 2018
    Options
    khurram said:
    Except, because you apparently are just glossing over the previous posts - That is not even remotely the case.

Span gave exact numbers for the RIX content and boosters given, with the event being run more than double what TDW has been run in the same time frame and rewarding more boosters from just progression, let alone coalition rank rewards, than M19 rewards across all categories of rewards.

DOM had FIVE events that have all been run more than 4 times each and each reward multiple boosters and four of them give a free rare!

Your claim is entirely false.
  • khurram
    Options
    You could get one booster per day for the previous sets through TotP (except for the weekends). Five boosters per week. 

Oh I'm sorry; Five boosters per week. I don't recall that happening for DOM until much later when M19 was about to be released. It definitely did not happen for RIX.

I'll happily compare RIX with IXN. Span has said that BoFT was run 5 times in the first 83 days. Each iteration giving 4+ RIX boosters. For the sake of your argument let's say the entire player base ended up with the top 2 rewards. Thats 45 boosters in those 83 days. For IXN we got 6 boosters per week. So around 66-72 boosters in those first  83 days of IXN, from across ixalan alone. Not counting RtO.

Also, Across Ixalan was not the first set specfic daily event. An event doesn't have to contain the name of the set to be set specific. ToTP has been around since the end of KLD block, ever since the masterpieces were introduced in the game. It started with giving out KLD boosters, then AKH and HoU ones when those sets were released. And then we got AX with ixalan. Thats least 3 consecutive sets spanning over more than a year, with a daily event giving out the latest boosters as rewards. Its more than enough for players to have expected it to continue for each set. So I don't know what you are talking about @Mburn7

List the events all you guys want but it doesn't change the fact that those events did not give out as many boosters as the previous sets did with their events. 

In case you guys missed it, I agree that M19 is giving out the lowest content and rewards ( rewards part has changed thanks to the change in TotP). I just don't agree with your false claims that RIX and DOM showered the players with some bounteous number of boosters.

PS: DOM did not have five events; it had two. AWR and A Journey through history: with four parts. RIX had one event, BoFT.
  • Brakkis
    edited October 2018
    Options
    khurram said:
    You could get one booster per day for the previous sets through TotP (except for the weekends). Five boosters per week. 

Oh I'm sorry; Five boosters per week. I don't recall that happening for DOM until much later when M19 was about to be released. It definitely did not happen for RIX.

I'll happily compare RIX with IXN. Span has said that BoFT was run 5 times in the first 83 days. Each iteration giving 4+ RIX boosters. For the sake of your argument let's say the entire player base ended up with the top 2 rewards. Thats 45 boosters in those 83 days. For IXN we got 6 boosters per week. So around 66-72 boosters in those first  83 days of IXN, from across ixalan alone. Not counting RtO.

Also, Across Ixalan was not the first set specfic daily event. An event doesn't have to contain the name of the set to be set specific. ToTP has been around since the end of KLD block, ever since the masterpieces were introduced in the game. It started with giving out KLD boosters, then AKH and HoU ones when those sets were released. And then we got AX with ixalan. Thats least 3 consecutive sets spanning over more than a year, with a daily event giving out the latest boosters as rewards. Its more than enough for players to have expected it to continue for each set. So I don't know what you are talking about @Mburn7

List the events all you guys want but it doesn't change the fact that those events did not give out as many boosters as the previous sets did with their events. 

In case you guys missed it, I agree that M19 is giving out the lowest content and rewards ( rewards part has changed thanks to the change in TotP). I just don't agree with your false claims that RIX and DOM showered the players with some bounteous number of boosters.

PS: DOM did not have five events; it had two. AWR and A Journey through history: with four parts. RIX had one event, BoFT.

A Journey Through History is four separate events with 2 boosters and a rare each. Just because your perception of it is a single event with 4 nodes, doesn't change the fact that it is not that. Each one is run separately with it's own rewards structure. That makes 5 events with AWR. That's not even semantics. It's fact.

TotP has a negative impact on crystals. Even at Platinum and reaching full progression, it is still considered spending crystals. Thus, it falls under the purview of having to spend crystals to acquire cards. So it's exempt from this situation entirely. Your spending them at a lower rate than you would by buying the packs in the vault but you are still spending them. Thus why TotP was not mentioned in any of the previous posts denouncing this perception that the acquisition of cards without having to spend crystals and availability of events has been continually lowering since XLN.

AXLN is an anomaly within the game. It's superior to TotP in every way, giving a positive crystal gain, more pinks, and a booster all with refreshing nodes. It's booster pack reward should have been changed ages ago. That mode should give the most current set for a booster while TotP gives the most recent set to enter Legacy as a reward, or, some have suggested a Legacy rare.

Looking past that anamoly, BoFT gave enough boosters and ran often enough that it being a singular event didn't hurt. It was run with similar frequency and I believe better rewards than XLN's RTO. DOM, as has been stated, had five events that it ran with regularity and gave ample boosters. The frequency of events and acquirable "free" boosters improved from XLN to DOM (excluding AXLN).
  • khurram
    Options

Brakkis said:
    A Journey Through History is four separate events with 2 boosters and a rare each. Just because your perception of it is a single event with 4 nodes, doesn't change the fact that it is not that. Each one is run separately with it's own rewards structure. That makes 5 events with AWR. That's not even semantics. It's fact.

TotP has a negative impact on crystals. Even at Platinum and reaching full progression, it is still considered spending crystals. Thus, it falls under the purview of having to spend crystals to acquire cards. So it's exempt from this situation entirely. Your spending them at a lower rate than you would by buying the packs in the vault but you are still spending them. Thus why TotP was not mentioned in any of the previous posts denouncing this perception that the acquisition of cards without having to spend crystals and availability of events has been continually lowering since XLN.

AXLN is an anomaly within the game. It's superior to TotP in every way, giving a positive crystal gain, more pinks, and a booster all with refreshing nodes. It's booster pack reward should have been changed ages ago. That mode should give the most current set for a booster while TotP gives the most recent set to enter Legacy as a reward, or, some have suggested a Legacy rare.

Looking past that anamoly, BoFT gave enough boosters and ran often enough that it being a singular event didn't hurt. It was run with similar frequency and I believe better rewards than XLN's RTO. DOM, as has been stated, had five events that it ran with regularity and gave ample boosters. The frequency of events and acquirable "free" boosters improved from XLN to DOM (excluding AXLN).
    I don't think of a Journey through history as a single event with 4 nodes. More of an event with four installments. They all have the same title, although a different sub-title. They are always run consecutively in the same order, they have the exact same reward structure. You can he done with each one in 20 minutes. But I can see your point and I agree that considering it basically the same event with different clothes, is may be just my perception alone.

Either way, each one of those give 2 DOM boosters I think (correct me if I'm wrong). If there have been 5 runs of those then the players have gotten 40 boosters from those. Not the same as IXN.

Just as a disclaimer I do like the rewards from the journey event. But I think that there should have been more sources for booster rewards for DOM than just AWR and JTH. And in case of RIX, the BoFT.

Regarding TotP , if one wanted to argue they could say that there have been enough sources of crystals from other events for the 30 crystals cost of TotP to not matter. Other events fund it. You get jewels. It's not the same as spending crystals in the vault.

Although i don't agree with your whole not counting TotP due to "negative" crystals gain argument. I'll set it aside for the time being and just talk about AX. It does not impart any "negative" crystal gains. So of course you try to declare it an anomaly and then discount it for the sake of your argument... because it gave "positive crystal gain, more pinks, and a booster all with refreshing nodes."? By that logic, all events are anamolies and we should not even be having this conversation. AX was an event introduced with Ixalan and it does count when considering event rewards from that period. And as reflected by the number of boosters that players could got from it as a result, RIX and DOM events are not close. 

"Free" or "not free" there were more events giving the latest set's boosters as rewards pre-RIX. The acquisition of cards without having to spend crystals and availability of events has in fact been continually lowered since XLN. Period.

If you want to argue further, do state what you believe to be the number of boosters a player could get via events during IXN and then later during RIX and DOM to compare.

• Imbrium
    Imbrium Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I guess take away from all of this is we have all noticed that accessible events featuring the latest set have stopped happening, or being introduced, and hopefully is not a new trend.