The lack of M19 content

Options
Brakkis
Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
M19 was released for PQ over 2 months ago on July 31st. With its release came 6 new Planeswalkers and a single new event that awarded M19 boosters.

Now, 2 months later, Guilds of Ravnica is likely to be coming to PQ soon and yet...

- We've run The Dragon War all of two times. Instead we've been running events from 4 expansions ago.

- The 6 new M19 Planeswalkers have yet to all be released for cash, let alone for crystal purchase.

Why the severe lack of this expansions event? Why the poorly timed Planeswalker release schedule? Hell, it took you 2 months just to offer all 4 of the exclusive M19 dragon mythics even. Just what is going on over at the scheduling department!?

Comments

• Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I hardly have any M19 cards, due to the fact that they are not awarded that much (I don't play TotP). And with all these PWs released and to be released, I need my crystals for that.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is a real bummer whenever a new set comes.. We want those new toys, to see and use them. M19 is the first set in pq that I haven't "connected" with
  • Thésée
    Thésée Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brakkis said:

- We've run The Dragon War all of two times. Instead we've been running events from 4 expansions ago.

This is a really intersting stat, and indeed we played The Dragon War only twice in August, when we are currently running God Pharaoh that first appeared in July 2017

• Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Across Ixalan event is still going on with old set that will be the first to rotate. Event name should be changed and reward changed to a more recent standard, preferable m19 to help with the shortage.

I honestly think Across Ixalan type even should reward m19 instead of ToTp. Totp is hard and does not have the flexibility of across ixalan which got rechargeable nodes. You can get all your rewards in across under 15mins with the flexibility to play easier nodes when they recharges.

ToTp is  hard and requires one to many nodes to get all rewards. As such, it takes an average 1 hour to get all your rewards with the fastest decks in deploy or huf/deploy. It could take more since legacy is hard and losing is more probable. The difficulty is certainly the reason why many chose not play it.

I think totp should be made rechargeable and/or reduce nodes to make it on par with Across Ixalan 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There used to be 2 or 3 new events with every set.

1 PvP
    1 PvE
    1 Planeswalker-Specific PvP (not every set)

Under Oktagon, we are getting 1 new event per set, alternating between PvP and PvE.
    That's why the content is getting stale.  They just aren't making new events, so we are forced to play old ones (or just run the Dragon Wars twice a week every week, which would be a nightmare)
  • Imbrium
    Imbrium Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I used to feel the same way with Ixalan, @Leufbidir.  I haven't "connected" with M19, and people talk about cards that I don't have, and I fully expect to have to craft them if I want them at all.  
    I agree that the M19 set is too hard to acquire.  TotP isn't an option for most people - too expensive and you don't break even.  I am not necessarily advocating a drop in the entry price, (although, maybe it should be) I'm jut saying that as the only regular way to acquire more M19 content, (apart from crystals we are busy trying to accumulate for the upcoming Ravnica release or Booster crafting) the risk of losing it is too prohibitive for most. 
    This set may well pass me by, but after acquiring most of Ixalan and experiencing the set as it was designed I will actually be sorry to see it go. 
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Imbrium said:
    I used to feel the same way with Ixalan, @Leufbidir.  I haven't "connected" with M19, and people talk about cards that I don't have, and I fully expect to have to craft them if I want them at all.  
    I agree that the M19 set is too hard to acquire.  TotP isn't an option for most people - too expensive and you don't break even.  I am not necessarily advocating a drop in the entry price, (although, maybe it should be) I'm jut saying that as the only regular way to acquire more M19 content, (apart from crystals we are busy trying to accumulate for the upcoming Ravnica release or Booster crafting) the risk of losing it is too prohibitive for most. 
    This set may well pass me by, but after acquiring most of Ixalan and experiencing the set as it was designed I will actually be sorry to see it go. 
    Totp should be made easier like across ixalan even if entry price stays the same.
  • Mburn7
    Options
    Theros said:
    Imbrium said:
    Totp should be made easier like across ixalan even if entry price stays the same.
    No it should not.  

ToTP was made to be challenging legacy content for top-end players (it actually used to be harder and require a perfect to get the 30 crystal refund)

It was also made to be a way to convert crystals into jewels.  You aren't supposed to make a crystal profit off of it because the rewards are so good (booster and a good number of jewels).

ToTP should stay the same.  We should just get more new events with every set that will give us more opportunities to win packs from that set.
  • Mburn7
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Theros said:

No it should not.  

ToTP should stay the same.  
    No it should not.

ToTP should stay at the same level of difficulty but change because it has become stale.
    I'm confused.  My comment was toward someone who said ToTP should be made easier to be more like Across Ixalan.  How does one do that but keep the same level of difficulty?

And in general, what change could be made to ToTP at all that would make it "less stale" without changing the difficulty?
  • Mburn7
    Options
    Mburn7 said:

I'm confused.  My comment was toward someone who said ToTP should be made easier to be more like Across Ixalan.  How does one do that but keep the same level of difficulty?

And in general, what change could be made to ToTP at all that would make it "less stale" without changing the difficulty?
    It could change in a way that's different from the way you sugested.

Changing the objectives is the most obvious way to make it "less stale" without changing the difficulty, but there are other ways too, like changing the sets you play, locking planeswalkers into some nodes, maybe adding in some of those weird PW effects from Dragon Wr. Supercharge, Enrage. There are all sorts of ways.

<edit> Oh, wewre talking about TOTP arent we :) Ok, so supercharge and enrage and objectives won't work.
    There should definitely NOT be objectives in ToTP.

And all of what you are describing sounds really fun!  Just make it its own daily event, though.  Leave ToTP the same
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    How about we stick to the topic of the post eh?
  • Mburn7
    Options
    Brakkis said:
    How about we stick to the topic of the post eh?
    Ok.  Keep it simple.  WE NEED MORE NEW EVENTS (that reward packs from their set)

That is all.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    When HOU came out we got so many of those packs. Then when XLN came out we had an event every day giving us those packs along with weekend events.

RIX and DOM broke that. M19 was even worse.
  • HarryMason
    HarryMason Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The lack of m19 rewards has had me scratching my head since its release. It would be nice to get more than one new event per set, for sure. It would be nice to actually see the event from the new set come up more than once a month. If these requests are too much , why can't we get m19 packs in place of hou packs? We have 3 hou events in heavy rotation compared to 1 m19 event . I don't even really care about m19 at this point, but I hope this isn't the new normal 
  • NickBKK
    NickBKK Posts: 90 Match Maker
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Many people gave positive feedbacks when TDW event came out. We told you how much we liked the event and what we specifically liked about it. Consequently, you don’t run it...
    Speechless...