Duel Decks - Open To All! (10/9/18)

Options
124»

Comments

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Like I said... I don't think they planned to run it this weekend... I think they planned to run Ravnica but were forced to put this in it's place and didn't have time to change anything. Really annoying, sure.

The problem is that, now, because of this deluge of ongoing abuse against them in multiple threads, we might not get a proper REAL Beta in the future because this has ended up being too painful and annoying for _them_, so the whole idea might get shelved instead of fixed, and that would be terrible for the future.

Betas are really important. The only problem here is that the DEV's are under so much time pressure with this forced fixing to paper's release schedule  and their list of old and inherited problems is still huge, their resources are absolutely tiny and the most important thing for all this is having TIME which they just don't have and we won't give them.

No-one will let up.

Game-dev was my dream job growing up, but in the last few years it's now become a level of hell for anyone involved.

They need time. I don't think they are going to end up getting it.

They needed time to do the fixes they actually probably have planned for duel decks already after the feedback, they DO have those plans but they were FORCED to run it this weekend because something else more important was broken. So this was the "least broken" option.

They are running constant triage. Wizards and D3Go need to finance more resources for them somehow or things will die. The need to stick to paper release while trying to fix the existing problems from another company, that was never reasonable to start with. Oktagon need assistance, not more pressure.