2.9 Release Notes *Updated (9/27/18)

Options
124»

Comments

• James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Boogeyman said:
    What does the power saving option actually do?  It doesn't seem to change the animations or anything?  Anyone see any results on battery consumption yet?
    As far as I can tell, I notice the animation is reverted to the prior low FPS.  It's a little jarring after having experienced the smoothness of the recent change.  Anecdotally, I do think there was an effect on the fast battery drain, but to be perfectly honest I don't think I played enough to get a good feel of wether that is a real effect.
  • TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Boogeyman said:
    What does the power saving option actually do?  It doesn't seem to change the animations or anything?  Anyone see any results on battery consumption yet?
    From what I've seen my battery seems to be lasting 2-3 times as long, so I'm pretty happy with that. The animations aren't as smooth, and every so often it seems like there's a bit of a hesitation in the program, but I can live with that. On the down side, the update messed up Etali again, and StW is almost unplayable now, so I'm not sure if we came out ahead or not... :/
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    From my perspective version 2.9 is borderline useless.

HOD can’t complete matches, can’t use multiple cards and can’t get around SWW.

I guess no MTGPQ for me this weekend.

BTW - I wonder which error was so bad that you decided to postpone the update the other day, when so many other errors was still acceptable.

could you please prioritize testing over new material? No bother to add new bugs to the already overloaded developers.
  • ChrisMan10485
    ChrisMan10485 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I know it’s a new patch and all but there has been a lot a lot of errors from the get go, from missing cards to dropping matches to restarting. Now I can’t play at all, it is wont let me log in. Please, can we get these tweaks delt with before pushing the update or at least let us choose if we want to update till the problems are fixed. This is bad.
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Oh yay, got dragged by team out of emergency to help with HOD. In all honesty legacy is so much fun I don't even care now about winning or losing.

The save battery mode however is one of the cheapest stunts pulled by Octagon so far. How this went:
    - people were complaining about animations from both performance and speed perspective
    - they came with the higher fps smooth fix
    - people complained there are too many animations and the battery gets drained like crazy (obviously since the game is smoother and faster now)

Now the big dilemma. To properly implement selective animations giving the users the option of fewer but with good usability effects. OR to be cheap and make a switch between the old and new version since, you know, the old version was "consuming less battery"

Sorry guys but I see this as a very very very cheap solution. I know the effort of selective animations is greater but either do it the right way or don't brag with pseudo features (that are actually half rollbacks ) 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bugs aside (and there’s a lot of them) — I really love the rotating artwork on the loading screen. 
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    Bugs aside (and there’s a lot of them) — I really love the rotating artwork on the loading screen. 
    The best thing about this update. :) That's saying something.  :(
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Please correct :

Seedling Ashaya, the Awoken World: (1/1 Elemental Creature. Haste, Trample. Leader: Elemental)

To 2/2, gains hexproof and something I forgot with x reinforcements
    (this makes the walker far better)

• Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    Options
    For the purpose of correcting the incorrect stats of Ashaya at Rank 4. (The stats shown in the first post are for the level 1 version).