2.9 Release Notes *Updated (9/27/18)

Options

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby will skipping the update impact HoD?  Is it going to be a standard event now?
    Why would the event be standard if they weren't able to fix the standard bug?  I'd be more worried about whatever standard event they planned for next week being legacy
  • NickBKK
    NickBKK Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    If HOD standard VS legacy issue won’t be fixed in-time for this weekend, can we have a safe PVE event like AWR instead? 
  • ninjark
    ninjark Posts: 50 Match Maker
    edited September 2018
    Options
    NickBKK said:
    If HOD standard VS legacy issue won’t be fixed in-time for this weekend, can we have a safe PVE event like AWR instead? 
    This particular HoD: Elspeth is listed as a Legacy event.  Anyone can use Legacy cards.
    However, there is the issue that Elspeth is not currently in the vault, nor is she a part of the coming soon section. 
    I'm guessing that was to be part of the 2.9 update, but they may have to add Elspeth in separately if 2.9 is not released before the event.

Edit: 
    As @ElfNeedsFood pointed out, it does look like the Standard to Legacy event conversion is a part of the 2.9 patch.
    If that's the case, I agree with the AWR replacement!  :smile:

Event Changes

Standard to Legacy
    The following events will be changed from Standard mode to Legacy mode:
    • Fate is Rarely Fair
    • Hour of Devastation
    • Hour of Revelation
    • Trial of Ambition
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    @Brigby will skipping the update impact HoD?  Is it going to be a standard event now?
    Why would the event be standard if they weren't able to fix the standard bug?  I'd be more worried about whatever standard event they planned for next week being legacy
    My read was the conversion of this event to legacy is included in the 2.9 patch. No patch, no change in format?
  • Mburn7
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    My read was the conversion of this event to legacy is included in the 2.9 patch. No patch, no change in format?
    Ah. Good point.  My bad.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Brigby will skipping the update impact HoD?  Is it going to be a standard event now?
    Great question! I'll bring it up in our meeting today. I'll be sure to provide any updates, once we hear back from them.
  • boopers
    boopers Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Brigby will skipping the update impact HoD?  Is it going to be a standard event now?
    Great question! I'll bring it up in our meeting today. I'll be sure to provide any updates, once we hear back from them.
    I'd like to put in the request to make it legacy if possible.  No good reason other than players have been anticipating legacy and probably more than just myself spending valuable time building legacy decks for the event.  
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Options
    boopers said:
    Brigby said:
    I'd like to put in the request to make it legacy if possible.  No good reason other than players have been anticipating legacy and probably more than just myself spending valuable time building legacy decks for the event.  
    Seconded. Also if the update doesn’t happen some players will be using legacy cards anyway — unfair advantages are not cool. 
  • boopers
    boopers Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2018
    Options
    boopers said:
    Brigby said:
    @Brigby Also... there is still the "using legacy cards in standard" exploit to worry about.  I definitely don't want to see another cancelled event.  If I could suggest an alternate in the event HoD can not be made legacy... give us Avacyn's madness instead, or another PVE event.  Preferably one with decent jewel rewards.
  • tfg76
    tfg76 Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Personally, I'd rather see a "broken" HoD (with cheaters) than another PVE (or worse, nothing at all). I recognize, though, that it'd be a support nightmare :)
  • Brigby
    Options
    Update 2: The 2.9 update is now anticipated to be released tomorrow, and we will be performing events maintenance following it. During this time, all planned events for tomorrow have been deactivated:
    • Across Ixalan - Blue
    • Training Grounds - Legacy
    • Trial of the Planes - Red
    • Emrakul's Corruption
    In addition, the Oath of the Gatewatch: Part 1 event will unfortunately need to be ended early at 12:00 UTC on 9/27, as opposed to the originally scheduled 15:00 UTC on 9/28. We apologize for the inconvenience, however thank you for understanding.
  • Mburn7
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Update 2: The 2.9 update is now anticipated to be released tomorrow, and we will be performing events maintenance following it. During this time, all planned events for tomorrow have been deactivated:
    • Across Ixalan - Blue
    • Training Grounds - Legacy
    • Trial of the Planes - Red
    • Emrakul's Corruption
    In addition, the Oath of the Gatewatch: Part 1 event will unfortunately need to be ended early at 12:00 UTC on 9/27, as opposed to the originally scheduled 15:00 UTC on 9/28. We apologize for the inconvenience, however thank you for understanding.
    @Brigby please please please please tell the devs to put an in-game message that states this ASAP (like, right now if possible)

I can't imagine how confusing it must be for players who are not active on the forums.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not another day without events! 

Not only missing some needed jewels for this week Elite-Pack rotation, but lacking off events make missing of (more) story mode even more of a problem.

I hope you find a solution to compensate for all the customers.

I wonder how game changers like crafting are impemented without break, but an simply update results in missing missing everyday events like tg/ai/totp. 
  • Mburn7
    Options
    IM_CARLOS said:
    Not another day without events! 

Not only missing some needed jewels for this week Elite-Pack rotation, but lacking off events make missing of (more) story mode even more of a problem.

I hope you find a solution to compensate for all the customers.

I wonder how game changers like crafting are impemented without break, but an simply update results in missing missing everyday events like tg/ai/totp. 
    Normally they don't schedule a full day without events and just interrupt our playing for an hour or whatever.

I would assume this time is a special case because one of the bug fixes impacts event decks directly, and would probably have issues if everyone already had a bunch of event decks active.
    Or there's some other reason, I don't know I'm not that kind of Engineer.
  • Brigby
    Options
    *Updated to Final Release Notes.

Edited to show that sign ups are now closed. Thank you for your interest everyone! 
  • tfg76
    tfg76 Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2018
    Options
    There seems to be an issue with events. People with 2.9 are not seeing any events. People with 2.8 are apparently seeing HoD already! @Brigby @Oktagon_Daiane
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    tfg76 said:
    There seems to be an issue with events. People with 2.9 are not seeing any events. People with 2.8 are apparently seeing HoD already! @Brigby @Oktagon_Daiane
    This is indeed an issue.  If HoD has started already (according to un-upgraded users screenshots) it's a little problematic if many can't participate.  Similarly, I would have liked to play today's TG which they have access to as well.
  • Brigby
    Options
    Hi Everyone. We apologize for the confusion, as Hour of Devastation is not supposed to be available yet. This has now been corrected, and players should no longer be able to access it anymore.
  • Boogeyman
    Boogeyman Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What does the power saving option actually do?  It doesn't seem to change the animations or anything?  Anyone see any results on battery consumption yet?