Xavier’s Finest LT Store

Options
0_efx_0
0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
Spend a hoard in this store? 
Or don’t spend and see what will be released for the 5th Anniversary Event?

FYI - I Don’t mind getting Phoenix, Logan, of Kitty covers.

Comments

• Drlex
    Drlex Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I am saving, but my OML and Phoenix are terrible with 3 and 2 covers respectively. Kitty, I will work on after Wasp leaves. But if you don’t mind getting either of those or possibly none depending on the hoard, then you could go for it.
  • 0_efx_0
    Options
    I am at a respective 2000CP
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    0_efx_0 said:
    I am at a respective 2000CP

That's 80 pulls from the store, from which you can expect around a dozen fivestar covers. Would 4 covers more for OML, Phoenix or Kitty make a difference in your roster?

I would probably pass on this store and wait for the next one. Best approach to the special stores is to save up a huge chunk of CP (quintuple digits at the very least) and blow it all on a store where all the featured characters are great. OML and Phoenix don't really meet those criteria any more, time has outrun them.

• 0_efx_0
    Options
    I have 9 cover for Logan and 11 for Phoenix.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @0_efx_0 I don't know what your roster looks like, so I don't know your current status in the game, like whether you're in 4* land, or if you already have 5* champs. Plus, are you a competitive player in PvE and/or PvP? That would help in giving you advice.

Taken in isolation, without any of the above information: if you're happy to get 13 covers for both OML and Phoenix, go ahead and bust your hoard, because it's very likely that you'll do just that. Those two have fallen a long way since their heyday, but they're still a very decent pairing. If they're your first 5* champs, you could do a lot worse than those two. For PvE, championed 5* match damage will greatly speed up your gameplay. For PvP, OML/Phoenix/loaner or whoever's the third won't scare off anyone at all, but they're still solid on offense.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm hitting it hard because OML is part of my quick clear PVE team and he's two covers short from being able to champ. If it hadn't been for him being in there I would have waited for Kitty to enter Latests as Phoenix isn't a pull for me. 

Of course, I know full well, I've got no OML covers coming when I hit that vault tonight. All my 5* pulls will be Phoenix. Thats how it goes. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm pretty torn on this one.

I like Kitty but I'm not sure I want to blow my CP on this store so close to Anniversary. The order would suggest that we would normally get 2 4* next but I think that can all go out of the window on these things. I'm also wary that 3 out of the last 4 stores netted me zero new 5's.

Hmm...but I would like Kitty.

Whatta Revoltin' Development.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

I like Kitty but I'm not sure I want to blow my CP on this store so close to Anniversary. The order would suggest that we would normally get 2 4* next but I think that can all go out of the window on these things. I'm also wary that 3 out of the last 4 stores netted me zero new 5's.

Kitty is the one that is easy to get, you can get her in the store now or you can pull Latest Legends when it's time for her first stint as a PvE essential. No real need to rush to spend the CP unless you want OML and/or Phoenix as well.

Personally I hope the trend of giving new fivestars a feeder upon release keeps up. If it doesn't I guess I will roster Kitty through Latest Legends.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My OML is already champed, and my Phoenix is 3/1/1.  I'll be skipping this one.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Kitty is the one that is easy to get, you can get her in the store now or you can pull Latest Legends when it's time for her first stint as a PvE essential. No real need to rush to spend the CP unless you want OML and/or Phoenix as well.

Personally I hope the trend of giving new fivestars a feeder upon release keeps up. If it doesn't I guess I will roster Kitty through Latest Legends.

Yup. I know it is confirmation bias as these things ebb & flow but Loki aside, I pulled for Okoye, Wasp (ha!) and Infi-Cap from release stores and got nothing but literally as soon as they hit Latests there they were. I could easily pull a Kitty on first try but it is like Pringles, once you pop it is hard to stop!

So it is pure character nostalgia over MPQ reasoning driving my impulses.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have enough for 11-12 pulls going in, my plan is to see if I can get a kitty for 5e node access, then stop and wait for whatever is coming down the anniversary pipe.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    I have enough for 11-12 pulls going in, my plan is to see if I can get a kitty for 5e node access, then stop and wait for whatever is coming down the anniversary pipe.
    Yeah...what if there is a Cable or a Captain Britain (OK, no chance) or a Fin Fang Foom...This is very bad timing for Kitty!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I mean, she's going to be in latest soon enough, and I don't have enough to get more than a cover or two if I'm lucky, so it's not really worth it to me to throw it all in there. Plus, i'm pretty close to having all the 4*s at 10 covers now, so I'm still as likely as not to blow it all in classic trying to bonus hero my way to an iso-bottleneck-only 4* tier.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have both OML and Phoenix champed, so I'll be sitting on my 1650 CPs. I should have a decent hoard by the time Wasp moves out of Latest. If Kitty changes the meta, I'll have a better chance of grabbing her then anyway.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I only need one more OML cover to champ him but I'll be waiting for XFW champ levels to get me there. OML and Phoenix just aren't good enough to worry about at this point so I'd rather save my CP for a better trio (whether that's Latests or a different special store).
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I won't be putting any of my CP hoard into this store. My OML and Phoenix are both woefully undercovered but at this point they are such fossils that getting them covered and champed doesn't interest me.

The hoard will wait to see what the latest three looks like after the next two 5-stars following Kitty arrive, or a better 5-star release vault like the recent one with Thor/Daredevil.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Purple Kitty on the first try, saving my CP for the anniversary. Interesting that her character art contains that brick wall behind her into the pre-match lineup screen; makes her take up a lot of space. But it goes away when you actually get into the match so it's not distracting beyond that.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had 992 cp going in and did fairly well for what I was wanting/hoping to get. 2 Kitty covers, a Jean with a bonus Peter Parker, pulled my 10th Drax, got a bonus cover of Miles to put him at 10 covers too, my 12th P4nther, bunch of saved covers and champed levels. I spent 500 cp and will now go back to hoarding until Anniversary.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I knew it. I absolutely knew it. I have been stuck on 11 covers for OML (with one saved) for at least 6 months now. I've wanted to finish him for so long and a vault comes along where I have a much better shot to finally get those last 2 covers. I open over 1100cp in the vault. NOT. ONE. SINGLE. OML. In fact, all I got was 2 Phoenix and 1 Kitty. 

This game just annoys me so much. You are completely reliant on pure luck to finish 5*s. Or pay a ridiculous amount of CP for a single cover. Give it another year, whats the betting my OML will still be sat at 11 covers? Not one single useful cover in the last six months!!!!!

Its utter nonsense. 
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Went in with 299 CP, and got enough from 4* champ levels to get 12 pulls.
    The only 5* I got was an OML. It was his 13th, so that was good. I'll have to keep trying.