Nebula (Infinity War) (8/20/18)

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited August 2018
    Grim Efficiency - 8 redtilepng AP
    Nebula lashes out with her dual blades, attacking her enemies' weak points. Deals 2,272 damage and creates 2 strength 180 Red Attack tiles for every 3 Green AP her team has.  
    I couldn't figure out how to get outside of the grey quote box, but anyway does this mean she'll do 2272 damage for every three green AP, that would be 22,720.  Yeah you would have to save up 30 green but not spend any of it.

//Combined Comments Together For Clarity -Brigby
    Looks like the player had two separate comments. I combined them together for clarity.

And to answer their question, no. There probably should be a comma after "damage," in order to clarify that it does not deal 2,272 damage for every 3 green AP.

Update: That ability description will be adjusted for clarity, and it should be live in this Thursday's daily patch.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like her. Seems like a very solid middle of the road 4 that benefits from teammate synergy, which is what this game seems to be going for lately. Useful, but not 4* meta changing. 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Grim Efficiency - 8 redtilepng AP
    Nebula lashes out with her dual blades, attacking her enemies' weak points. Deals 2,272 damage and creates 2 strength 180 Red Attack tiles for every 3 Green AP her team has.  
    I couldn't figure out how to get outside of the grey quote box, but anyway does this mean she'll do 2272 damage for every three green AP, that would be 22,720.  Yeah you would have to save up 30 green but not spend any of it.

//Combined Comments Together For Clarity -Brigby
    Looks like the player had two separate comments. I combined them together for clarity.

And to answer their question, no. There probably should be a comma after "damage," in order to clarify that it does not deal 2,272 damage for every 3 green AP.

Update: That ability description will be adjusted for clarity, and it should be live in this Thursday's daily patch.
    Just put a comma after “damage”, and replace “and” with “then”.

It’s simple English.
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2018
    Dormammu said:
    No Guardians of the Galaxy affiliation?
    Took the words right outta my tablet 

EDIT: will we ever find out why she doesn’t have a GOTG tag. Like mentioned in previous posts Yondu got the tag, and even pairing her with R4G won’t be any worse than being paired with G4mora. Just don’t know why she was made to be a loner  :|
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,901 Chairperson of the Boards
    zulux21 said:
    Now that I know her heal is a true heal and that her green is boosted by friendly and enemy tiles, her utility is notably improved. She seems like she's solidly in the middle. No great teammates are coming to mind for her though, which makes her seem like a decent stand-alone to put on a team missing her colors. 
    as someone else said carnage + medusa likely would be a good team. (medusa generates green and blue and carnage makes all the attack tiles needed to max out her green)
    vulture or ironman 3*  + Shuri also likely would be a good one. (with vulture you get green and blue and shuri reduces the cost of her moves or with iron man you get all of her colors and shuri can reduce the cost)

I'm sure there is something else I am missing, but at the very least she should be decent given a 6k AOE at the 4 star level for 10 isn't bad :P
    Carnage and Medusa definitely seem like a decent pair, but honestly I get the impression that she'll be best used when fighting enemy teams that make lots of special tiles and having them meet her green requirement. Her green isn't so good that I want to go out of my way to fuel it, except maybe when she's boosted. I'd sooner use Red Hulk for a green AoE.

I was thinking about Vulture, and the nice part about this pairing is that he's really only going to be turned into a battery for the green, as once she fires her blue any remaining blue AP can be used by Vulture as long as her repeater is on the board. The counterpoint to Vulture is that at 5 covers his green can already do 6K+ damage to the enemy team, so why give the AP to Nebula if she has more difficult conditions to meet?

Shuri wouldn't work because they have complete color overlap, including two active powers.
    Not sure why anyone would pair her with Cardusa. Carnage already has good active Red/Green powers so she's bringing nothing to that team that you don't already have. There are lots better team mates for that pair like Mr F for example.

She needs tile creators but they don't have to be there on turn 1 so anyone who can generate lots on demand should work. Nova for example can generate a lot of tiles and only overlaps in Red. Cloak and Dagger have no overlap with her and make an active Rainbow team and should get out a few tiles by the time she gathers enough Green.

She's going to be fun to bring along in PvE against those annoying Dark Avenger nodes that have Daken/Bullseye in them.

KGB

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    She doesn't have the GotG tag because she was never a member of the team. The team tags, as far as I know, are strictly reserved for their canonical members.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    The following 4* make a rainbow team with Nebula:

Black Widow
    Emma Frost
    C&D
    Kingpin

Emma Frost and C& D looks like a good second for her for the sake of a rainbow team. Emma Frost can create strike tiles with her yellow repeater. C&D creates free attack tiles.

A third could be:
    Venom
    Starlord
    Nova
    Mr Fantastic
    Nico Minoru
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Dormammu said:
    No Guardians of the Galaxy affiliation?
    Not according to Drax

• Ragnoluce
    Ragnoluce Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Jarvind said:
    Ah, dude, I quit the game and literally one week later you guys release the character I've been waiting for since GOTG2 came out? Most uncool.

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Based on using her in the demo battle, she may be my new favorite char. Now to snag all the covers!
  • HoundofShadow
    edited August 2018
    I just tried her out in Shield Training. She was programmed to run at 4/5/4. After looking at her stats, 3/5/5 is the way to go. 

My strategy: save up 15 green ap and use her red before using her green to maximize the team damage. Use Bucky purple to gain 4 extra ap that you are missing.  Alternatively, you can save up 20 green ap to activate her ability twice, and let Ares donate green ap to you.

My only peeve is that her red ability says that it creates red attack tiles but it doesn't. Instead, it converts red basic tiles to red attack tiles. So if you are on a bad board with few red tiles, it could affect the number of attack tiles she can put out, which in turn might affect her green ability.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    zulux21 said:

I'm sure there is something else I am missing, but at the very least she should be decent given a 6k AOE at the 4 star level for 10 isn't bad :P
    ....  I'd sooner use Red Hulk for a green AoE.

I was thinking about Vulture, and the nice part about this pairing is that he's really only going to be turned into a battery for the green, as once she fires her blue any remaining blue AP can be used by Vulture as long as her repeater is on the board. The counterpoint to Vulture is that at 5 covers his green can already do 6K+ damage to the enemy team, so why give the AP to Nebula if she has more difficult conditions to meet?

Shuri wouldn't work because they have complete color overlap, including two active powers.

Once you have 9+ green, all you need is 8 red to get things started with Nebula. That's quite an easy requirement to meet since we are used to many characters that have a much better damage/utility on one power after first firing one of their other powers. 

But I have to mention the Red Hulk thing, yes his green does higher damage, but for 18 AP!  And, if you happen to have 20+, it's all gone. I realize his purple accelerates 7 of the Green, but you have to do this twice, or gather 11 green before playing purple once. 
    For 20 Green AP, and having the 8 red to fire just before, She will do a guaranteed minimum of 3800 AoE Twice (effectively 7600+ AoE).  Plus you will get all of the attack tiles for additional damage. If you happen to have 10x special tiles on the board, two Galactic Rage casts is 6340 AoE x2! 

So she would need an accelerator to get to 20 green, I like the Vulture Idea. His blue is just so good though. There's math to consider if reducing his blue to 3 if it (and setting black to 5, earning a bit more red and blue when airborne) speeds up her damage by using her blue instead, due to her strike tiles.
    Or, use Red Hulk purple to feed Nebula. He would tank red over her, and maybe green depending on his level. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Playing with Nebula kind of reminded me of playing with 4* Ghost Rider for some reason. She seemed cool, but the damage output was low. I'm expecting her unique support to fortify that repeater.
  • HoundofShadow
    There are already quite a number of supports that can fortify special tiles that are not character specific. If anything, it would be a support that can increase the number of special tiles she can put out or reduce the number of green ap needed from 3 to 2 for her red ability.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I just tried her out in Shield Training. She was programmed to run at 4/5/4. After looking at her stats, 3/5/5 is the way to go. 

My strategy: save up 15 green ap and use her red before using her green to maximize the team damage. Use Bucky purple to gain 4 extra ap that you are missing.  Alternatively, you can save up 20 green ap to activate her ability twice, and let Ares donate green ap to you.

My only peeve is that her red ability says that it creates red attack tiles but it doesn't. Instead, it converts red basic tiles to red attack tiles. So if you are on a bad board with few red tiles, it could affect the number of attack tiles she can put out, which in turn might affect her green ability.
    I think you have create and convert backwards. It would have said "convert basic tiles to red attack tiles" if it were to behave how you said. Same with her repeater.

I dunno, shes too slow. Ends up being a decent green AOE, but there's a ton of those, usually less conditional.
  • KGB
    There are already quite a number of supports that can fortify special tiles that are not character specific. If anything, it would be a support that can increase the number of special tiles she can put out or reduce the number of green ap needed from 3 to 2 for her red ability.
    I hope the 'Nebula Only' component is 'does double match & power damage to Gamora and Thanos'. It would be a cool revenge thematic touch. The other 3 components can fortify a repeater (her Blue) and create / fortify more special tiles.

Had fun with her in shield sim training. Infinitely better than Emma but then there was no Carnage to face this time. Got her Red off before her Green so I had the 10 tiles (a couple of enemy Rockets survived) to do max damage. But definitely used Buckys Blue over hers for the extra damage and potential special tile creation. Her Blue isn't worth using unless you have no other Blue user. I agree she's not fast so she'll be middle tier which is now  somewhere in the 30-40 range when ranking 4* (crazy that we have 70ish).

KGB
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I scored a green cover from the top half of SHIELD Training, and went to try the first solo node against Kraven.  I dutifully collected my green AP and went to fire the power only to realise that I couldn't use it: neither Kraven nor my Nebula had the ability to create the special tiles the power depends on.  It's a good thing you can use team-ups in these nodes...

I'm sure she'll be more fun once I've got some other colours to round her out.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is the cover issued random? I got a blue out of shield training, but i'm short the hp to roster her #fail
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I quite enjoyed using her in the loaner node there. One of the more fun Shield Training intro nodes. I look forward to picking her up. Just a little bummed that I can't play optimally this weekend, so I'm not going to be getting many (if any) covers from placement.
  • KGB
    I quite enjoyed using her in the loaner node there. One of the more fun Shield Training intro nodes. I look forward to picking her up. Just a little bummed that I can't play optimally this weekend, so I'm not going to be getting many (if any) covers from placement.
    Join a late bracket in CL7 or 8. As in the last 2 hours before it closes and moves to day 2. That gets you up against the casual players. It's how I always play PvE and with casual clears you'll get a T20 to T50 finish depending on whether you have the 5* essential.

KGB