Nebula (Infinity War) (8/20/18)

Comments

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that I know her heal is a true heal and that her green is boosted by friendly and enemy tiles, her utility is notably improved. She seems like she's solidly in the middle. No great teammates are coming to mind for her though, which makes her seem like a decent stand-alone to put on a team missing her colors. 
  • Mujo5
    Mujo5 Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Grim Efficiency - 8 redtilepng AP
    Nebula lashes out with her dual blades, attacking her enemies' weak points. Deals 2,272 damage and creates 2 strength 180 Red Attack tiles for every 3 Green AP her team has.  
    Missing Oxford comma?
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Now that I know her heal is a true heal and that her green is boosted by friendly and enemy tiles, her utility is notably improved. She seems like she's solidly in the middle. No great teammates are coming to mind for her though, which makes her seem like a decent stand-alone to put on a team missing her colors. 
    as someone else said carnage + medusa likely would be a good team. (medusa generates green and blue and carnage makes all the attack tiles needed to max out her green)
    vulture or ironman 3*  + Shuri also likely would be a good one. (with vulture you get green and blue and shuri reduces the cost of her moves or with iron man you get all of her colors and shuri can reduce the cost)

I'm sure there is something else I am missing, but at the very least she should be decent given a 6k AOE at the 4 star level for 10 isn't bad :P
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Brigby said:
    Bridgy confirmed on Discord already that Nebula doesn’t have a GOTG tag. 
    glad i was there to see it (sarcasm)

So much lolz that discord gets confirmation from the forum community manager before the forum does.  They should really change the in-game text to reflect discord as the official location for communication.
    same here.  i keep wanting to comment in threads, giving them credit for good things accomplished, and then i see a comment like up above, and it sours any good will i may have wanted to spread.  
    If you look underneath the image of Nebula, or any character released for that matter, you will see their Rarity, their Affiliation, and their ability colors.

I did mention it in Discord, but only because that information is already available on the forum.
    Sure, but if you look at some of the other threads, you are just as human as the rest of us, and will sometimes leave something out, or transpose something, etc.  That, and in general, there are also usually plenty of questions that come from announcement threads.

My (and others) frustration comes from the fact that an obvious question in regards to a possible omission is not addressed here first, but on Discord.  From when it was first posted, it was answered less than an hour later by rocket, but two hours before you replied to me.  

Like i said, i *want* to come to the official forum and talk about the positives i am seeing in the game, but am completely turned off by the fact that in practically every announcement thread, someone shares information gleaned from Discord. 

Better question while(if) i have your attention: the same questions are being asked on Discord and the official Forum, why is discord getting the answer first?
    I think what the PW3 have done is amazing with their podcast and also getting the Devs and others to Discord.   Absolutely  awesome. I was not on Discord today but saw that quote on Line. What I don’t get is once these things are posted why don’t we get like 20 minutes where they would stay here and answer these quick questions.   I don’t mind if something is answered on Discord I just wish we would get the D3 and Demi repersentives here OR make Discord (since it is such a better tool than the forums) channel that we can go to.  The back and forth on Discord is so much better than here tbh.  
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    I have to admit that I´m disappointed about Nebula's low damage numbers (my lvl 266 3* Gamora deals 2114 damage for 5 red AP).  Furthermore her dependency on special tiles lowers the number of potential teammates (4* Black Panther, Carnage, Medusa or 4* Rocket come to my mind).
  • Arthurdillard22
    Arthurdillard22 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    WHO ARE THE 4STARS FOR THE UPCOMING SHIELD TRANING

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    WHO ARE THE 4STARS FOR THE UPCOMING SHIELD TRANING

• Shuri (Master Engineer)
    • War Machine (James Rhodes)
    • Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes)
  • Arthurdillard22
    Arthurdillard22 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NO WAR MACHINE, THANKS
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Definitely wish she could be 5/5/5. I like her blue, kind of the 4* version of Daredevil's heal, but her red/green feed each other so well. Probably default her 3/5/5, but she'd be one to respec depending on who you bring.
    Love the art. She looks great
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mujo5 said:
    Nebula lashes out with her dual blades, attacking her enemies' weak points. Deals 2,272 damage and creates 2 strength 180 Red Attack tiles for every 3 Green AP her team has.  
    Missing Oxford comma?
    Now I've got that Vampire Weekend song in my head!
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Straycat said:
    Definitely wish she could be 5/5/5. I like her blue, kind of the 4* version of Daredevil's heal, but her red/green feed each other so well. Probably default her 3/5/5, but she'd be one to respec depending on who you bring.
    Team her with Bolt, 5/5/5 easy :)
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby Would it be possible to include the tile match damage and health (base level) like in the old character release posts?

Makes updating roster tools easier with the data available before release.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Straycat said:
    I'm definitely underwhelmed by her blue. 7% heal and an ok Strike every other turn, after you've spent 9 AP, and you can't even have more than one repeater out? Meh. Black Panther's yellow is loads better than that in basically every way. Sure, it doesn't heal, but you'll get 1000 points of protects out soon enough, which is equivalent in several ways.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby said:

Shuri's Versus Tournament will be on the 23rd. I'm updating the Sneak Peek right now, and it'll include that info
    Interesting...

As far as I can tell, this is only the second time ever that a 4* character release PvP was also a 4* essential...

The only other one was Nico's debut PvP (which was 4* Gamora).  The fact that they're sisters cannot be a coincidence... :P
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    alaeth said:
    Brigby Would it be possible to include the tile match damage and health (base level) like in the old character release posts?

Makes updating roster tools easier with the data available before release.
    Ah yes! I believe that information should be in the Character Details section: Nebula (Infinity War)
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    zulux21 said:
    as someone else said carnage + medusa likely would be a good team. (medusa generates green and blue and carnage makes all the attack tiles needed to max out her green)
    vulture or ironman 3*  + Shuri also likely would be a good one. (with vulture you get green and blue and shuri reduces the cost of her moves or with iron man you get all of her colors and shuri can reduce the cost)

I'm sure there is something else I am missing, but at the very least she should be decent given a 6k AOE at the 4 star level for 10 isn't bad :P
    Carnage and Medusa definitely seem like a decent pair, but honestly I get the impression that she'll be best used when fighting enemy teams that make lots of special tiles and having them meet her green requirement. Her green isn't so good that I want to go out of my way to fuel it, except maybe when she's boosted. I'd sooner use Red Hulk for a green AoE.

I was thinking about Vulture, and the nice part about this pairing is that he's really only going to be turned into a battery for the green, as once she fires her blue any remaining blue AP can be used by Vulture as long as her repeater is on the board. The counterpoint to Vulture is that at 5 covers his green can already do 6K+ damage to the enemy team, so why give the AP to Nebula if she has more difficult conditions to meet?

Shuri wouldn't work because they have complete color overlap, including two active powers.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Straycat said:
    I'm definitely underwhelmed by her blue. 7% heal and an ok Strike every other turn, after you've spent 9 AP, and you can't even have more than one repeater out? Meh. Black Panther's yellow is loads better than that in basically every way. Sure, it doesn't heal, but you'll get 1000 points of protects out soon enough, which is equivalent in several ways.
    Yea, didn't think about the single repeater restriction or how strong the heal was. Not as good as I first thought
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shuri/P4nther would work well here also if there weren't so much color overlap between them all. P4nther is a monster for board spam and Shuri's red will prioritize friendly special fortification before it fortifies random tiles.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind said:
    Ah, dude, I quit the game and literally one week later you guys release the character I've been waiting for since GOTG2 came out? Most uncool.
    "Every time I think I'm out they PULL ME BACK IN."
  • Mujo5
    Mujo5 Posts: 59 Match Maker
    pheregas said:
    Mujo5 said:
    Missing Oxford comma?
    Now I've got that Vampire Weekend song in my head!
    Still no clarification