Loki (God of Mischief) (8/7/18)

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    TheXMan said:
    I have used my champed 5 star Cap yellow power 0 times.  These downed abilities sound nice but rarely get used.

Will Loki have A feeder at release like Wasp?  That was a great thing to do with a new 5* release.  Hopefully it wasn’t a 1 time thing.  
    Could be. Feels suspicious that Main Event Hulk is specifically listed in the vault when he’s not required for the boss event or the following one. Isn’t it nearly a month now since Wasp? They’re really keeping us waiting on this.

How about a character with a passive “When this character is downed, you get health packs. Number of health packs determined by rank.”
  • jtmagee
    jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby can his trap be placed on any non-special tile, including team-up tiles? Doesn’t say in the description. A bit of a game changer if it can since most traps can’t go on team-up tiles and especially since it has to be matched.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    jtmagee said:
    Brigby can his trap be placed on any non-special tile, including team-up tiles? Doesn’t say in the description. A bit of a game changer if it can since most traps can’t go on team-up tiles and especially since it has to be matched.
    Not sure if it can go on Team-Up tiles, but I do know that it isn't restricted to Black tiles. I've seen the Trap tile appear on multiple different colors before.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is it true heal?

He looks to pair well with Okoye. If his repeater damage gains the passive effect from Okoye, most team should be downed by then.  We won't be looking at only 6000+ damage every three turn to the enemy team. His Dagger Surprise could be boosted to a total of more than 60k damage as well.

He looks fun to play, especially in wave. I guess most would keep 11 purple ap to do a double cast of his purple since it's capped at 3 Shadowplay tiles, or somehow keep 15ap if the timing is right, that is to say, using Okoye's Spear to destroy a row with at two Shadowplay tiles. 
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby Work your magic and convince the dev's to reconsider Loki's green cost. There's a cookie in it for you!
  • HoundofShadow
    edited August 2018
    Most AoE uses between 10 to 12 green ap, so I don't think they would reduce the ap to less than 10.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Is it true heal?

-snip-
    Yes. The resurrection is a true heal.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    Right to Rule - Special Legendary Store
    • Starts: Thu, August 9th, 12:00pm EDT
    • Ends: Sun, August 13th, 12:00am EDT
    • 15% chance to get Loki (God of Mischief), Thor (Gladiator), and Black Bolt (Inhuman King)
    Damn. I might have to unload my mini hoard on this.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos said:
    He looks decent, wish his green wasn't so slow. I think they could lower the cost of the green or make the repeater one turn. By the time this thing finally goes off the match will be over. Also, would be nice if it destroyed more than one row.
    Granted it takes 3 turns to do its max damage, but it's a max of 18k for 10 green AP. That's better than Thor. AND you get board shake.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    5* Loki Initial Impressions:

Purple: Strong 
    11AP is pretty reasonable for 27,000 when you consider Gambit's 30,000 damage purple is a LOT riskier to execute.  The whole dagger thing seems to needlessly complicate the skill but lets face it, odds are people will just wait until 11AP to fire.  If any daggers stick around for the second casting then that's a bonus,

Green: Poor.
    A 3 turn repeater is pretty slow and for this to really be worth it you'll want to get 2 bursts out of it.   That means getting 10AP and then waiting 6 turns.   Very slow.   I'm glad its fortified as that prevents it from being outright terrible.  For longer matches such as survival nodes this skills value should really shine but on most typical battles its below what we'd expect from a green skill.

Black: Poor
    I want to make this clear...this is a GREAT revive mechanic.  It has some definite potential for players who don't have a robust 5* roster and to a lesser degree as a PvP defensive pest. Characters with 'true healing' type effects are valuable and Loki will hopefully be no different.   
    So why is it Poor?   PvP and PvE are based around speed and damage dealing.  This is a 100% defensive skill that only has a CHANCE to trigger.  In reality its less reliable than Phx's revive because the AI won't try to deliberately match this tile to prolong pvp.  It'll just happen by accident.

Overall:  Mid-Tier bordering on something higher.
    High damage purple skills are very much welcome post Gambit nerf.   However, green damage skills are not now that Thor largely dominates the meta.  If you don't have a 5* green spender than this skill is far from useless but its on the weaker side of things.   Those without Thor can boost the repeated green damage with Okoye who will be in latest legends with Loki and should make for a decent complimentary duo.   5* tier is in desperate need for more villains as well so Loki is very much welcome when it comes to using our supports.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos said:
    He looks decent, wish his green wasn't so slow. I think they could lower the cost of the green or make the repeater one turn. By the time this thing finally goes off the match will be over. Also, would be nice if it destroyed more than one row.
    Granted it takes 3 turns to do its max damage, but it's a max of 18k for 10 green AP. That's better than Thor. AND you get board shake.
    Thor does 13k AOE compared to 6800 AOE for Loki for 2 extra AP and you don’t have to worry about a repeater tile CD.  Not sure how you feel Loki does more damage after 3 turns.  Now if that repeater tiles fires 3 times you are winning but how many times do you get 9 Green AP and then have a match last 9 more moves
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    scottee said:
    Interesting play. Purple wants you to match as many of the purple tiles as you can to multiple them before you use 4 more AP to turn them into damage. Massive damage potential.
    The Shadowplay countdowns are on black though, so you need to choose between duplicating the countdowns or gathering AP for Dagger Surprise: you won't be doing both simultaneously.

That said, if the new countdowns begin at 4 turns rather than the same counter as the matched countdown then there should be lots of time to match both black and purple.
  • HoundofShadow
    I remember reading that the more effects an ability has, the lesser damage that it will do. Thor deals a clean AoE whereas Loki's ability deals a recurring AoE + effect 1 (row destruction) + effect 2 (repeater) and maybe effect 3(fortification). That explains the damage difference.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    babinro said:

I want to make this clear...this is a GREAT revive mechanic.  It has some definite potential for players who don't have a robust 5* roster and to a lesser degree as a PvP defensive pest. Characters with 'true healing' type effects are valuable and Loki will hopefully be no different.   
    So why is it Poor?   PvP and PvE are based around speed and damage dealing.  This is a 100% defensive skill that only has a CHANCE to trigger.  In reality its less reliable than Phx's revive because the AI won't try to deliberately match this tile to prolong pvp.  It'll just happen by accident.

One note, the enemy doesn't need to match the trap tile to trigger it, you can match it as well. This greatly increases the likelihood of it getting matched.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    jamesh said:
    scottee said:
    Interesting play. Purple wants you to match as many of the purple tiles as you can to multiple them before you use 4 more AP to turn them into damage. Massive damage potential.
    The Shadowplay countdowns are on black though, so you need to choose between duplicating the countdowns or gathering AP for Dagger Surprise: you won't be doing both simultaneously.

That said, if the new countdowns begin at 4 turns rather than the same counter as the matched countdown then there should be lots of time to match both black and purple.
    Opens up a little synergy with Thor as well. With him constantly blowing up red/green/yellow, purple/black matches become more likely, either as cascades or just falling into place when other stuff is gone.

He does look interesting, but unless you're acquiring him as an alternative to Thor I'd be a bit disappointed that you'd pretty much only ever use one of his powers. Black's a nice trick but still mostly a gimmick, and green is unlikely to be chosen over God of Thunder. But at least he's interesting. Definitely a step up from freaking Wasp.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    So what you’re saying is Thor’s so good he’s locking our newer characters from being useful. #nerfthor.

;) 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    babinro said:

One note, the enemy doesn't need to match the trap tile to trigger it, you can match it as well. This greatly increases the likelihood of it getting matched.
    He was speaking of using him on a defense team.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Richyyy said:
    jamesh said:
    scottee said:

Opens up a little synergy with Thor as well. With him constantly blowing up red/green/yellow, purple/black matches become more likely, either as cascades or just falling into place when other stuff is gone.

He does look interesting, but unless you're acquiring him as an alternative to Thor I'd be a bit disappointed that you'd pretty much only ever use one of his powers. Black's a nice trick but still mostly a gimmick, and green is unlikely to be chosen over God of Thunder. But at least he's interesting. Definitely a step up from freaking Wasp.
    If you could keep the 4 purple AP Dagger Surprise going for the rest of the match through Thor's tile destruction, does it really matter if the other two abilities don't see a use?  It certainly looks like his best power.
  • LukusDaniel
    LukusDaniel Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2018
    Do I blow a CP horde on Loki’s store for Thor/BB or LL for Okoye?

edit:
    Okoye 4/3/2
    Thor 4/1/2
    BB 1/0/1
    FWIT
  • jtmagee
    jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Depends on where you have all three. Okoye works well with either but is pretty legit, as well. Go with whoever is highest on your roster and try to build them up.