Highest level support

Polly_P1
Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
what is your highest level support so far? I have managed to get my 4* Sharon Carter to 95 out of 200. I find her ability to give purple AP after a purple match fires regularly and she works well with madusa.  

Comments

• gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    I have a 2* Avengers Tower up to level 70.  It would be higher but I pulled a 3* Homemade Web Shooters and leveled that some before I realized only Spider-people could use it.  D'oh!  I also have a 2* Wong up the level 20.

The Avengers Tower support works great.  I put it on whoever tanks (usually the boosted 5*), and it fortifies special tiles frequently.
  • Sagetopian
    Sagetopian Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    I got lucky and got a 5* Avengers Tower which is exceptional on someone with a spam ability in their strongest color. It is level 54 and already starting to have an impact. The rank 5 proc allowing all ability uses to give ap easily offsets any time lost to its other triggers.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a 13-way tie for my highest level support, with all of them at level 1. I have no idea if this makes them useful as I have yet to get around to attaching one of them to a character.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have spent enough to get my Sharon Carter to Level 50 of 100. My RISO reserve could take her to 89 currently, but I want to have a bit of surplus before adding those 50 remaining levels.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    I've been pouring all my Riso into my Rank 4 Lucky the pizza Dog as often as I can and currently have him at level 103.

Thats been aided by purchasing some of the offers and getting lucky (lowercase L, no pun intended) in a couple of vaults.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

I have:

Level 93 Rank 2 Korg (on 5* Thor)

Level 50 Rank 5 Hydra (on 5* Thanos, for no real reason)

Level 30 Rank 4 Lucky (on 5* Jessica, because she was the last essential 5* that was a hero)

Level 30 Rank 3 Avengers Tower (on 5* Iron Man, though I never use him)

Level 30 Rank 3 Element Guns (on 5* Star-Lord, though I never use him))

Everything else is level 1 and rank 2 or lower

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR said:
    I have spent enough to get my Sharon Carter to Level 50 of 100. My RISO reserve could take her to 89 currently, but I want to have a bit of surplus before adding those 50 remaining levels.
    And I pulled 2* Kimoyo Beads from one of the free Support tokens, and upped that to Level 50 of 100 as well.
  • gravel
    My 2* Avengers Tower is up to 89/100, and I just got a 3* Wong from the token this morning.  I'll probably finish my Avengers Tower before investing more in Wong (currently level 20).  I also did get 2* Shuri's Lab, but that seems somewhat redundant to the Avengers Tower, so that will sit at level 1 for a while.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I could level one to 129, but I won't.
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    All at level 1.  Most of the damage multipliers are peanuts compared to 5* scaling and so there is very little benefit to leveling them for me.
  • Polly_P1
    @PenniesForEveryone what about the special tile fortification or the AP gains? I have found that now that I have carter leveled a bit that the ap gains kick off quite a bit more. I don’t have any champed 5* (at least for a few more weeks) but would that still be useful? I now have carter at 111 and was going to put her with captain Beard.
  • gravel
    Polly_P1 said:
    @PenniesForEveryone what about the special tile fortification or the AP gains? I have found that now that I have carter leveled a bit that the ap gains kick off quite a bit more. I don’t have any champed 5* (at least for a few more weeks) but would that still be useful? I now have carter at 111 and was going to put her with captain Beard.
    They are definitely still useful.  Don't let some of the vitriol for supports keep you from using them.  My 2* Avengers Tower is level 98, and it has almost a 1 in 3 chance of fortifying special tiles and a 1 in 4 chance of giving 2 free yellow AP at the start.  The fortification is very helpful with 5* Thor since his passive can shake the board quite a bit (it also worked great with 5* GR green when he was essential).  Once I finish that, I'll level up Wong for my blue users.  Also, that new Royal Talon Fighter looks perfect for Okoye, although I don't have either yet.

They aren't game-changing at the 5* level, in part because, depending on your 5* roster, there is really only one challenging node.  If you are a high-end PvE player that only cares about speed, you might not bother, to avoid slowing down clears when they proc.  In general, they enhance the strategy in the game and your roster.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a rank 3 level 55 Lucky Dog equipped to Kate Bishop. That extra turn to match away her black CD is handy. That's about it though.

Next I have a rank 2 level 45 Wong on my 266 Strange. All three perks come in handy for him.

I've barely gotten any use out of any of my others.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Lvl 83/200 4* Ebony Maw on Vulture.  That 30% chance of +3 black ap is nice when it works.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Level 100/150 rank 3 Sharon Carter

I have a few different rank 4 supports (Astral Plane but no 5* BP, corvus glaive, and someone else I can't remember) and the riso to fully level one of them, but none are worth it currently.
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Rank 3 Blackbird 150/150 to gambit
    Rank 3 Kimoyo Beads 48/150 to JJ
    Next highest support is 37
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2018
    My highest Support is a Rank 4 Quinjet at 120/200.  I usually have this on my soft-caped L435 5* Thor, just because I like using him (with champs America and MEHulk).  It doesn't really do much that I notice except occasionally makes inconsequentially small strike tiles when Thor makes a green match, and those tend to get matched away in the constant board shuffle I've got going on.  So basically, it's worthless to me.  I only keep sinking RISO into it because I'm vaguely curious to see what it'll be like when it's maxed (my expectations are low).

It also just now occurs to me that by adding 1,219 Health to Thor, the Quinjet is actually slightly stifling God of Thunder, arguably his most useful power.  Hmm...

I also have these Supports:
    • R3 Element Guns 60/150 - This is on Starlord, of course, and when I play him in a GotG themed-team with Grocket and Gamora, I do notice starting matches with a few AP, and that's a useful advantage.  I actually like the Guns more than the Quinjet, but I don't use the Guardians much.
    • R4 The Blackbird 15/200 - I think I used this back when some X-Man was boosted for some event, but I don't recall anything about it/it made no impression on me.
    • R4 Wong 1/200 - I think I attached this to Dr. Strange, but don't recall anything about it, again, no impression.

The rest of my Supports I have never used:
    • R3 Lucky 1/150
    • R3 Sharon Carter 1/150
    • R3 Wasp Gauntlets 1/150
    • R2 Ancestral Plane 1/100
    • R2 Carol's Communicator 1/100
    • R2 Corvus Glaive 1/100
    • R2 Destroyer's Gun 1/100
    • R2 The Milano 1/100
    • R2 Vibranium Ore 1/100
    • R2 Vintage Shield 1/100
    • R2 Web-shooters 1/100
    • R1 Avengers Tower 1/50
    • R1 Chimichanga 1/50
    • R1 Ebony Maw 1/50
    • R1 Hydra Henchmen 1/50

I wanted to itemize out the whole list.  When Supports came out, despite the negative buzz on the Forums, I got caught-up in the hype and thought they might be kinda cool/fun.  So I suckered-in and spend probably about $100-$150 or so on various HFH or Vaults trying to get Supports.  The above are the lackluster result of all that money spent (oh, and way too many 2* covers into my 2* farm).  It was definitely not worth the money.  

BTW - Spending that much over a couple months is normal for me and well-within my hobby budget.  Some peoples' vices including drinking and smoking, or going out partying, mine are games, books, movies, music, etc.  If I get entertainment out of it and enjoy myself, it's money well-spent.  Don't feel bad for me.  I'm not angry or upset.  I'm not "complaining" per se, it's just a lesson-learned:  My future fun money will go towards other past-times, as I sure as heck don't see value in MPQ Supports anymore.  Let my foolishness be a lesson to others.    :smile: 
  • Polly_P1
    I now have: for the 5* tier

sharon Carter 159/200 equipped to lumber cap. The most useful part of this is she helps make purple AP to fire.

talon fighter 73/200 equipped to Okoye. Now this support really has some use. Lowers her power cost and the rank 3 perk gets the bonus of wakanda forever. Sometimes I fire a yellow to heal and down the entire side.

wasp gauntlets: 94/150 equipped to wasp. This one has been underwhelming. The potential to make swarm tiles is cool, but it almost never happens. 

If you use okoye in PVE than I highly recomend the talon fighter even with champed okoye it is fun to have and makes a difference. My Okoye is champed at 450
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a level 118 Shuri's lab on Shuri. I like playing locked countdown shenanigans with 5*Hawkeye/Coulson.
  • Drlex
    Drlex Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2018
    I have Elemental Guns maxed out at 250. I use it mainly for winning the LT’s on Deadpool dailies, were I have week characters.