Emma Frost (Astonishing X-Men) (7/23/18)

Options
12346»

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I missed that part. Thanks Gold_Dragon. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In pvp she plays well with P4nther and Shuri even though neither are boosted. I switched to P4nther/chavez until I ran out of health. Nearly got to 900 in one push, but had to pop a shield at 820 or so
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Options
    All the rest of her art is better than that original pic, but it all feels just a little bit off. Not sure quite what it is in all of them, but the animation for her purple really reminds me of Drusilla in her first appearances on Buffy, when she was even weirder than usual.

Not particularly impressed by her powers, either. I use my 1* to clear Seed Teams, and it feels like a bad sign when the 4*, even as a loaner, doesn't have at least one power that I'd rather use than Spidey, IM, or Storm's. Maybe not a sign of being actively terrible, but certainly super-niche. Kraven was the same way, for instance.

Also, her PvP has had Diamonds by Rihanna stuck in my head all day ;)
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Options
    All the rest of her art is better than that original pic, but it all feels just a little bit off. Not sure quite what it is in all of them, but the animation for her purple really reminds me of Drusilla in her first appearances on Buffy, when she was even weirder than usual.

Not particularly impressed by her powers, either. I use my 1* to clear Seed Teams, and it feels like a bad sign when the 4*, even as a loaner, doesn't have at least one power that I'd rather use than Spidey, IM, or Storm's. Maybe not a sign of being actively terrible, but certainly super-niche. Kraven was the same way, for instance.

The event title is actually part of the opening lyric to "Short Skirt Long Jacket" by Cake. Well, that's what I'm assuming, anyway. 

https://youtu.be/u7aDstrDMf0
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:

The event title is actually part of the opening lyric to "Short Skirt Long Jacket" by Cake. Well, that's what I'm assuming, anyway. 

Yeah, I saw all the references earlier in the thread :)
    I just haven't listened to Comfort Eagle much in the last decade or so. So I get something else stuck in my head.
  • DarthDeVo
    edited July 2018
    Options
    himatako said:
    The more I use her, the more I feel that her purple and yellow powers would have been much better if the effects are activated as soon as you use those powers and create a repeater tile that repeat those effects. It's really disheartening to fire her powers only for the repeater tiles to be matched away or destroyed in a cascade in the very next turn :-/ 

Something like this might be better:

Psychic Meddling - 10 purpletilepng AP
    Destroys 4 enemy Strike, Protect, or Attack tiles, dealing damage and generating AP. If none exist, destroys 2 AP in the enemy's largest AP pool instead. Creates a 2-turn Purple Repeater tile that repeats this same effect.

Girl's Best Friend - 11 blacktilepng AP
    Fortifies up to 6 friendly Special tiles and turns this power into Diamond Skin.

Diamond Skin - blacktilepng Passive
    Emma's match damage is increased by 325% and she receives 15% less damage for each Fortified friendly Special tiles on the board, but she cannot fire powers.
    When there are no Fortified friendly Special tiles on the board, this power becomes Girl's Best Friend.

Labor for Learning - 8 yellowtilepng AP
    Places 2 strength 90 Strike tiles and improves up to 3 existing friendly Strike tiles by 58. Creates a 2-turn Yellow Repeater tile that repeats this same effect.
    This would be a minor change, but a very welcome one, especially with how expensive her powers are. I probably spent 30 minutes and close to 10 tries on the second one-on-one node against 3* Star-Lord in S.H.I.E.L.D Training, and just about every time I placed one of her tiles, it was usually matched or destroyed before I ever got any real benefit from it. 
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:

Yeah, I saw all the references earlier in the thread :)
    I just haven't listened to Comfort Eagle much in the last decade or so. So I get something else stuck in my head.
    It's my personal belief that the worst song by Cake is better than the best song by Rihanna, so I was trying to do you a favor by getting a better song stuck in your head. 😀
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    After playing her a lot more in PVP I feel that her biggest weakness is lack of defence after she activates her black. As mentioned in other posts she should have some sort of damage mitigation or create Protect tiles.