Emma Frost (Astonishing X-Men) (7/23/18)

Options

Comments

• grenadier
    grenadier Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Options
    OK, I get that they want to cover her up, so they made the corset more modest.  However.....she wasn't wearing this outfit by the time she was doing the diamond transformation thing anyway.  Why not use a more recent vintage costume that better matches that power set?
  • Ionlymatch5s
    Ionlymatch5s Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    There's a new xmen series coming out,  just announced in the last few days..  Could we finally be seeing all of those other xmen we've all been asking for? 
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Oh boy, can't wait for them to release like 3 supports to accompany Emma Frost.  That's what we really want, right? 
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Wish she was a vilain. Yeah I know, I haven’t read comics in a very long time. Didn’t even know she switched teams. 
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Man she's really average. 

I guess in 4 land she isn't too bad but as far as being useful outside of that at all... yeah shes very meh.

Interesting potential with the diamond and non diamond form but very meh execution 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can't believe I didn't notice this before, but the requireds for S.H.I.E.L.D Training are Ant-Man, X-23 and... Iron Spidey. 

For Ghost it was Nightcrawler. For this, if they continued the pattern, it should have been MEHulk.

Looks like too many people had the newer Classic covered. Back to putting the pressure on by having a more recent 4* that has a better chance of being undercovered. Break open the hoards (and wallets).
  • FoolZero
    FoolZero Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    What I see is that a Girls best Friend needs to be triggered first (11 black AP) before her Diamond Skin will be active (as a passive). 
    So the combination with Shuri is nice, but you first have to trigger Vibranium Virtuoso to lower the price to 8 black AP and fire that of as well... That's not as fast as I was hoping for...
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    2x Random 4-Stars from the Call for Backup missions, with an option of the following characters:
    • Spider-Man (Infinity War)
    • Ant-Man
    • X-23
    These things have followed a rough pattern for the entire time we've had Shield Training. Next up are Winter Soldier and War Machine, and it's possible either/both could be skipped for Kate and/or Moon Knight. So 2 of those 4, and Nico up next as a recent entry, as we've cycled through the "Latest 12" (even once that stopped being a distinction in stores).

Instead of following the predictable pattern that would allow characters to be featured evenly and fairly for the playerbase, this time we're suddenly using two older 4*s that have already been used in Shield Training, and we're skipping 9 newer characters in the rotation to run one new enough that people might not have him covered.

Is there a reason for this? Spontaneously changing something to make it less likely to give out rewards is a bit of a tinykitty move.
    Maybe too many people won too many prizes in Ghost's SHIELD Training, and the accountants panicked?  I know it's the best I've ever done, but that was more due to everything else going on around that release.

It's nice that they have Spider-Man as a progression reward in both PVP and PVE, but that's only going to get me up to 9 covers.  I guess this is the new normal with the reduced odds for new characters.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    No boss event release  :(
    You said that wrong,  no boss event!!! WOOOOOOO!!!! 😊
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yay Dazz--oh, wrong blonde in white.
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Can't wait to use her when you put her in an August character's shield training.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Options
    broll said:
    No boss event release  :(
    You said that wrong,  no boss event!!! WOOOOOOO!!!! 😊
    I said exactly what I meant to say.  ;)
    DarthDeVo said:
    Can't believe I didn't notice this before, but the requireds for S.H.I.E.L.D Training are Ant-Man, X-23 and... Iron Spidey. 

For Ghost it was Nightcrawler. For this, if they continued the pattern, it should have been MEHulk.

Looks like too many people had the newer Classic covered. Back to putting the pressure on by having a more recent 4* that has a better chance of being undercovered. Break open the hoards (and wallets).
    I didn't notice this at first either, too focused on the lack of boss events.  Woof...  So SHIELD Training is back to being terrible again if they go back to requiring one of the newest that are once again hard as nails to cover quickly.  The more things change the more they stay the same....
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    She seems like a fun support character, but unfortunately will never get used again outside of her required PvP event and PvE nodes.

As I've crept into 5* land, I think about all of these cool new 4*s with fun powersets that I work like crazy to champ, only to sit as trophies on my roster that collect dust. Sure, it's nice that they give me champ rewards, but I wish I could use them for something, I don't know...puzzle related?!? I just champed Nick Fury this week, my last classic 4*, which puts me even closer to post ISO play. I'm worried that the dangling carrots are about to run out, unless we get more game modes soon.

Oh yeah, and shouldn't Emma's diamond form increase her defense, too? Ok, rant over! :smile:
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I guess I chose poorly by  chasing Wiccan lol, I have him up to 9 covers but Iron Spider is languishing at 0/3/1 (haven't landed the pvp cover yet). Oh well, par for the course for me on Shield Training anyhow. At least I have X23 and Ant-Man covered, but they're way under-level to get to the third node.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Maybe shield training and the later characters are tied to it being a normal event instead of a Boss event
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Borstock said:
    Her face looks like she got stung by a bee. 
    She must have flown like a butterfly 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Brigby said:
    Mind Like A Diamond
    • Starts:July 29th, 8:00am EDT
    • Ends: August 1st, 3:00pm EDT
    • Emma Frost (Astonishing X-Men) as a Progression Reward
    • Rewards tokens to the Emma & Friends vault
    Will Emma be wearing a short skirt and looooooong jacket? 
    Well that comment took the Cake

... I'll show myself out now
    Make sure to go The Distance.