New Supports: Quantum Realm (7/17/18)

2»

Comments

• Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Any chance we can get the Perk stats for these Support reveals at a reasonably obtainable level?
    This. With all due respect, @Brigby, even on the very long-odds chance that someone were to draw the 5* variant (after the already long-odds chance of getting the token that makes that possible), no one's got the red iso to get it to lvl250 anyway. At least offer us the numbers at some kind of vaguely sensible level as well as the thoroughly hypothetical lvl250 stats.

Lvl100 maybe, considering drawing the 2* version is somewhere within the bounds of plausibility (and having the riso to raise it there is possible, as long as you've spent it virtually nowhere else).
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    About 600k is needed to level them to 250. I think one of the posters worked it out.

They could do it for every 50 levels, which they used to do.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I have enough red Iso to max out a 4* support but not sure if I'm ready to fully pump up my Wong just yet
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    I put all my Riso into okoye support and after seeing this power creep I regret it.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It did say "equip to any character" or equip to character from X group of characters. I think it's a matter of creativity on how you use x support with y character. All the three powers are generic enough to be used with almost any character. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ugh...  The trend of bundling a 'must have' support with a new character continues.  Okoye, Iron Spider, Wiccan, Wasp and now Ghost all release immediately with a support obviously keyed to that character.  This just keeps reinforcing my belief that you are deliberately designing characters that are imcomplete without their support to make people spend.  AND you are taking away from the original message that supports were meant to customise a character, its not really custom when there is a clear 1:1 this support definitely goes on this character
    Really?  I wouldn’t call any support in the game ‘must have’. 
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    I have enough red Iso to max out a 4* support but not sure if I'm ready to fully pump up my Wong just yet
    Wong is one of the most useful supports out now, especially with Doctor Strange synergy. The number of times he removes countdown tiles from the board has been invaluable. 

Ebony Maw's black possible generation for Vulture is also pretty stellar. 

This one looks pretty interesting, especially for Ghost, as it gets her over halfway to invisible at the beginning of a match. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Please keep all comments on the topic of the Quantum Realm support.

If you wish to discuss Supports in general, or specific other Supports, then please start or continue a discussion in the Supports Discussion section. Thank you!

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Ugh...  The trend of bundling a 'must have' support with a new character continues.  Okoye, Iron Spider, Wiccan, Wasp and now Ghost all release immediately with a support obviously keyed to that character.  This just keeps reinforcing my belief that you are deliberately designing characters that are imcomplete without their support to make people spend.  AND you are taking away from the original message that supports were meant to customise a character, its not really custom when there is a clear 1:1 this support definitely goes on this character
    Really?  I wouldn’t call any support in the game ‘must have’. 
    I think he meant "must have" in terms of "If you want this new character to be any good you must have this support", not "must have" in general like you would need it to be competitive.
  • professorplum9
    professorplum9 Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Any chance we can get the Perk stats for these Support reveals at a reasonably obtainable level?
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/73991/quantum-realm-sub-atomic-space

@Brigby please look the other way while I post the more general link that better answers @Freelancer question but strays from the Quantum Realm Support topic you kindly asked us to stick to :wink:

Would be nice if some day these were visible in game, but I can appreciate some of the complexities that would involve.

• Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Level 1 is 10% chance for 5 purple for those wondering. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint said:
    Years ago they reduced the ap boost cap from +3 to +2 because starting a fight with that much ap was deemed too string

Flash forward a couple years and now we have supports that greater than 50% of the time will start with 6 ap.  Crazy
    Right, but you'd need to pay a lot of money to get that 72% chance, so it all evens out.
  • SlappyDingle
    SlappyDingle Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Have the devs mentioned whether they'll go back and increase power levels for older supports?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Have the devs mentioned whether they'll go back and increase power levels for older supports?
    Not as of yet.

The original announcement that they were reducing from 5 to 3 perks in order to have more substantial perks was met with numerous posts asking if they would tweak older supports (or possibly allow for a reallocation of Red ISO for those that already leveled older supports), and a significant number of posts suggesting that supports didn't need such a tweak in the first place, but rather that support tokens and Red ISO should be implemented into the game more fully so players actually have a chance of gathering and leveling them.

Neither issue has been addressed, to my knowledge.