Ghost (Quantum Thief) (7/9/18)

Comments

• Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    She looks great, but the Red/Pink space is a little crowded with Nightcrawler, Mockingbird, and Deadpool all competing for attention there.  Probably others, too, those are just the ones that leap to mind.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    @sambrookjm

Thanks for all those details! I tend to mentally organize character by top two active abilities since most passives are effectively colorless.  That's why I referred to Ghost as Red/Pink (or purple, as the devs would have it -- my eyes tell me the part of the stone in sunlight is more relevant than the part in shadow.)  

I use 4* Starlord all the time, so it's funny I missed him, but I almost always team him with Invisible Woman and 3* Iron Man, rather than a more spur of the moment team.  If I'm working with a team that has the other four colors covered and I just want to fill red/purple I grab Nightcrawler, or Mockingbird if Nightcrawler is wounded.

In 4* space, the color combo I'm most lacking is Green/Yellow.  I usually reach past my not yet championed Venom and Sandman (and ignoring my Wiccan with only two covers) to old reliable 3* Thor.  I suppose I could switch Invisible Woman from 3/5/5 to 5/3/5 for those occasions, but there are definitely areas in the game less crowded than red/pink.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's why I referred to Ghost as Red/Pink (or purple, as the devs would have it -- my eyes tell me the part of the stone in sunlight is more relevant than the part in shadow.) 
    The brighter part of the tiles are still magenta, which is a shade of purple. 5* Doctor Strange's comic cover is a better example of pink. Or you can check out Gwenpool's power page to see purple (the bar for her Sploits power), magenta (the accent lines on that bar) and pink (the color on Gwenpool's outfit) all right together for a side-by-side comparison.

If we want to get EXTRA picky, the forums have both purple and pink tile images. Purple:  Pink: 

I know a lot of people call the tile/power color in the game pink, but it isn't. It's purple.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    So what's the verdict on Ghost? I thought she was fun on the shield training loaner node, but as usual the wingmen weren't really helping her to showcase. I like the character design, animations were better than Widow, probably about the same as Chavez with static images translating around.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I dunno, I had to burn an Iceman green team up to beat her loaner node. Maybe Bullseye's protects were too strong, but I didn't notice any match damage boost. I ended up using Spidergwens powers instead because they were just better. 
    I don't have high hopes for her. You need both her purple and red, making her a selfish teammate. Even on teams without color overlap she offers very little flexibility. Best case you chase purple, hope the cd tile resolves and fire a strong red perpetually as it feeds itself. Pretty nice when it works. Otherwise she's just match damage
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd have maybe put her with Valkyrie/Chavez, make it so you're on match-damage meltdown, and let you use Valkyrie's bounty as a battery. In fact i may attempt that once i get Ghost on roster with a few more covers; have a red on the vine but no HP at the moment.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    She seemed a bit meh on the initial team up node, but one thing is for sure, the one-on-one nodes at the bottom are probably the easiest I've ever had in a S.H.I.E.L.D Training. I haven't needed to use boosts nor rely on team-ups, and I've won each one on the first try.

It probably helps some that I had a blue cover in my Phased and Confused vault, then got a red cover as the random one for completing the top nodes. She's 1/2/2 Level 111 for me right now. 
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    I'm thinking with her match damage she may be a fun third for the Grocket Gamora pairing.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Roland113 said:
    I'm thinking with her match damage she may be a fun third for the Grocket Gamora pairing.
    She won't automatically make Blue matches over Rocket, or Red matches over Gamora, though. She'll need to be noticeably higher level than either of them.
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Roland113 said:
    She won't automatically make Blue matches over Rocket, or Red matches over Gamora, though. She'll need to be noticeably higher level than either of them.
    How does that work though, when she's making 400% damage does her blue take precedence then switch to Grocket when she's at 200%?  Same with Red and Gamora.  I assumed since she had the match damage modifiers, she would be the one dealing the damage.

• Jaedenkaal
    Roland113 said:
    Roland113 said:
    How does that work though, when she's making 400% damage does her blue take precedence then switch to Grocket when she's at 200%?  Same with Red and Gamora.  I assumed since she had the match damage modifiers, she would be the one dealing the damage.

You would think, but so far, of all characters that increase their match damage, only Okoye's TU damage increase actually changes who makes the match. 

Venom, Vision, Thanos, etc... still don't make matches that they wouldn't have made before their match damage increase.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I think it should work better than those. This specifically says her base match damage is increased, while the others say matches made do increased damage
  • Jaedenkaal
    Straycat said:
    I think it should work better than those. This specifically says her base match damage is increased, while the others say matches made do increased damage
    Hm, fair enough, that templating does match Okoye's. Can't tell in Shield training node 1 because her out of match match damage is already higher than Nightcrawler and Spider-Gwen.

Oh, there we go. Got Spider-Gwen to faint, and Ghost does indeed match Yellow with her (modified from 11) 44 Yellow match damage over Nightrawler's 12. So disregard my point above, I guess. Which is good news?
    Yes.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like Ghost. She drops Invis tiles of a variety of colors, which helps keep them around. Healing when they're matched is a nice bonus, but it only works when she matches them (as opposed to like Miles and Gwen with web tiles). Red is just a standard hit that pairs nicely with the Invis tiles. I really like how they combo with her passive blue, better match damage in general, using either of her powers places the countdown that lowers her match damage, but it gives you AP if it sticks around long enough to go off (or you could match it faster if you want the better match damage back). The ebb and flow of how her powers work looks fun, and actually feels like the character we saw in the movie.

No idea if she'll be "good" or not in the long run, but I'm pretty sure she's not garbage and will be fun to play. I don't play for placement, so I'm not constrained to using my best characters for the fastest time, and I can definitely see Ghost being one I enjoy using (like how I'm currently using Panther/Shuri and trying out third members for the team, and looking forward to getting Iron Spider to a more usable level to run with Miles/Gwen)

My Ghost is 3/1/1, got to think of some teams to try once I get a few more covers (Invisible Woman should be fun, different color powers, strikes to go with Ghost's match damage, and another Invis tile that Ghost could work with; better than Miles/ProfX/Howard who all use purple to make purple Invis tiles, I think)
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised when I noticed the SHIELD Training loaner place invisibility tiles on multiple colours.  Usually the power descriptions don't mention this one way or the other, and end up limiting the tiles to the power colour (e.g. the new Black Widow).

You really want to fire her purple as soon as possible though, since it is hard to shield her when she's got 4x match damage.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    jamesh said:
    Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised when I noticed the SHIELD Training loaner place invisibility tiles on multiple colours.  Usually the power descriptions don't mention this one way or the other, and end up limiting the tiles to the power colour (e.g. the new Black Widow).

You really want to fire her purple as soon as possible though, since it is hard to shield her when she's got 4x match damage.
    I noticed this in her PvP.  Boosted from level 111, she tanks red over a level 300 Riri, and purple over a champion Kate. If you don't have her championed yet, it seems like you're better off using the loaner when running a 4* team in PvP.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think she is too expensive to be top tier.  A red battery would help, as would a purple battery. But there are no great purple + red batteries.  Good for transitioners (play her with im40 and/or switch). And totally viable with some teammates (IW, 4* widow, etc).  Probably fun to play when boosted. I don't think she will dethrone the current top 4*s.
  • Jaedenkaal
    High match damage is extra fun with charged tiles.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    I think she is too expensive to be top tier.  A red battery would help, as would a purple battery. But there are no great purple + red batteries.  Good for transitioners (play her with im40 and/or switch). And totally viable with some teammates (IW, 4* widow, etc).  Probably fun to play when boosted. I don't think she will dethrone the current top 4*s.
    Her blue passive gives you your red battery.  And the new support they've just released gives a chance of starting with 6 purple AP, which would help you go invisible quicker and in turn get you closer to firing the red with bonus damage.

Ghost + Quantum Realm looks like a significantly better character than Ghost alone (even without a rank 5 version of the support), which makes you wonder if they toned her down so she wouldn't be overpowered with the support...