Ghost (Quantum Thief) (7/9/18)

Options

Comments

• CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ghost + C4ol = Amazing
    Hm. One CD for firing a power, and doesn't make special tiles? No cover overlap, so at least there's that. I'd probably still bring Coulson.
    Coulson is a good choice too. 
    For C4ol, I was thinking about cycling from Ghost Pink -> C4ol Yellow (to get the red) -> Ghost Red.  And if you already had C4ol black out you'd take advantage of her strikes to make Ghost match damage that much higher (Grocket would do too)
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I dunno, I'm not crazy about match damage abilities. Both her actives are pretty expensive, making it hard to take advantage of her ap gen. She probably needs a red battery to make her usable. Might pair well with Eddie Brock to trigger his passive. Or America Chavez if you just want to win with match damage.

And just to double check, only Agent Venom, 3*-5* Hawkeye, and Invisible Woman can turn teammates invisible, right?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Straycat said:
    I dunno, I'm not crazy about match damage abilities. Both her actives are pretty expensive, making it hard to take advantage of her ap gen. She probably needs a red battery to make her usable. Might pair well with Eddie Brock to trigger his passive. Or America Chavez if you just want to win with match damage.

And just to double check, only Agent Venom, 3*-5* Hawkeye, and Invisible Woman can turn teammates invisible, right?
    That would seem to be correct. Oh, and 5* Wasp, for what that's worth.

• LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Are all new releases going to be boss events?  This is the 3rd or 5th in a row now?  Can we at least alternate back and forth as this is a punishment for those of us who compete at high level pve.
    (and before anyone states the obvious, yes I know it’s a small number impacted), but this is a pretty significant change that really didn’t get much discussion, as usual.
    I look at it differently, LoA. I'm a decent PvE player; good enough to get t50 (occasionally t10) in all SCL9 New Release events in the past year.

I'm happier that a Boss Event lets everyone get the opportunity to get a full spectrum of covers for a new release (and d3 gets everyone's HP for a roster spot), instead of 80% getting nothing, 10% getting one cover, 2.5% getting two, 1% getting three, and 0.2% getting four covers. (This disregards the alliance cover, but I don't know the math on that.)

I finished too many New Release events with the aftereffects of 3-4 days of breakneck grindy optimizing and an 0/1/2-built character. And I've had a few events when an alliancemate slacked or ghosted to another group, leaving the rest of us without the t100 cover.

For those reasons, give me the relatively relaxed pace of a boss event and the likelihood that all my alliancemates can take home a new release, rather than having an unbalanced 0/x/x.
    I definitely understand the benefits, and don’t begrudge it. I also enjoy boss events quite a bit, and appreciate seeing them with more frequency, especially on weekends.  

I just would prefer some variety to allow for pve players who can compete at the top 1% to be able to reap the rewards on new releases.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Brigby said:

Power Cycle - bluetilepng Passive
    Ghost's base match damage increases by 300%. Whenever Ghost fires an ability, creates a 3-turn Countdown tile that grants 6 Red AP. While this Countdown Tile is on the board, this power becomes Stasis Protocol.

Stasis Protocol - bluetilepng Passive
    Ghost's base match damage increases by 100%. When there is no Power Cycle Countdown tile on the board, this power becomes Power Cycle.
    EDIT: Sorry for the delay on this, but I can't edit outside the Quote box on a smartphone. 

@Brigby, does the Stasis Protocol status mean that Ghost's match damage *reverts* to 100%, or does it mean a 100% increase to her already 300% Power Cycle status?

EDIT EDIT: Or is it an increase of 100% to her existing match stats, making it 200%?
  • Mujo5
    Mujo5 Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    Wait a minute, her match damage is either 4x or 2x a similarly leveled 4*. Damn...
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mujo5 said:
    Wait a minute, her match damage is either 4x or 2x a similarly leveled 4*. Damn...
    With 5 ranks in Power Cycle, yes. As long as she already matches those colors, of course, as with other match damage boosts.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are all new releases going to be boss events?  This is the 3rd or 5th in a row now?  Can we at least alternate back and forth as this is a punishment for those of us who compete at high level pve.
    (and before anyone states the obvious, yes I know it’s a small number impacted), but this is a pretty significant change that really didn’t get much discussion, as usual.
    I look at it differently, LoA. I'm a decent PvE player; good enough to get t50 (occasionally t10) in all SCL9 New Release events in the past year.

I'm happier that a Boss Event lets everyone get the opportunity to get a full spectrum of covers for a new release (and d3 gets everyone's HP for a roster spot), instead of 80% getting nothing, 10% getting one cover, 2.5% getting two, 1% getting three, and 0.2% getting four covers. (This disregards the alliance cover, but I don't know the math on that.)

I finished too many New Release events with the aftereffects of 3-4 days of breakneck grindy optimizing and an 0/1/2-built character. And I've had a few events when an alliancemate slacked or ghosted to another group, leaving the rest of us without the t100 cover.

For those reasons, give me the relatively relaxed pace of a boss event and the likelihood that all my alliancemates can take home a new release, rather than having an unbalanced 0/x/x.
    I definitely understand the benefits, and don’t begrudge it. I also enjoy boss events quite a bit, and appreciate seeing them with more frequency, especially on weekends.  

I just would prefer some variety to allow for pve players who can compete at the top 1% to be able to reap the rewards on new releases.
    If my math is correct on this, we should be coming out way ahead on this. 

I'm assuming that if your alliance clears each side, you'll get six covers. I can't imagine them putting Ghost on one side and not the other. I'd imagine just about every alliance would go for the new shiny if so. 

So, assuming a double clear, there's six covers. One cover from Growth Industry and S.H.I.E.L.D Training brings us up to eight. Progression in her PvP tournament goes up to nine, and PvE in the event after will be 10. 

Personally, I'm planning on buying that vault, so I'll likely net 11 covers before she even hits tokens. Even if they only give her out on one side of CW, that's still eight covers. Those who can get T5 in PvP will end up with more. And there's also a vault with a random cover of hers to potentially pull. And her cover will probably be max progression in Sim next season. 

So I expect to see several people with her at 10+ covers right off the bat, and likely several straight up champed. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Brigby said:

Power Cycle - bluetilepng Passive
    Ghost's base match damage increases by 300%. Whenever Ghost fires an ability, creates a 3-turn Countdown tile that grants 6 Red AP. While this Countdown Tile is on the board, this power becomes Stasis Protocol.

Stasis Protocol - bluetilepng Passive
    Ghost's base match damage increases by 100%. When there is no Power Cycle Countdown tile on the board, this power becomes Power Cycle.
    EDIT: Sorry for the delay on this, but I can't edit outside the Quote box on a smartphone. 

Brigby, does the Stasis Protocol status mean that Ghost's match damage *reverts* to 100%, or does it mean a 100% increase to her already 300% Power Cycle status?

EDIT EDIT: Or is it an increase of 100% to her existing match stats, making it 200%?
    The Stasis Protocol status means that it would be an increase of 100% to her existing match stats, making it 200%
  • BearVenger
    Options
    So in no circumstances (with 5 blue covers) does Ghost do her normal match damage; it's either 300% or 200%?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    So in no circumstances (with 5 blue covers) does Ghost do her normal match damage; it's either 300% or 200%?
    That's correct, although it's a 300% increase, so her match damage would be either 400% or 200% :)
  • BearVenger
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Thanks, although as a new 4* release, lagging behind some other characters, it won't be like she's doing that damage errry match.

Edit: HOWEVER HER COLORS PERFECTLY COMPLIMENT C4ROL CAPS LOCK!

However, don't save her for last. She's gonna be fun in one-on-xxx situations.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Who are the required characters for SHIELD Training?
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I haven't seen the movie so I don't know if her suit puts her power level at Hulk tier.  But thematically, saying her containment suit gives incredible control shouldn't equate to 2-4x  match damage.  I've long ago settled down with the idea that the team will just do their best to come up with cool abilities, and use mental gymnastics to tie it together with a character's story/abilities.

Honestly, I'm just very grateful that this skill concept of a passive that just vastly increases match damage flatout was not saved for the 5 star tier. 
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Who are the required characters for SHIELD Training?
    From the Ghost & Foes vault list on the first page, they will be Nightcrawler, Spider-Gwen and The Punisher (MAX) Add: it’s actually listed in the July Sneak Peek thread too.

DarthDeVo said:

I'm assuming that if your alliance clears each side, you'll get six covers. I can't imagine them putting Ghost on one side and not the other. I'd imagine just about every alliance would go for the new shiny if so. 
    I think they will reward a different 4* for the other side, like the previous runs.
    I thought that was the case. Thanks :-)
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    DarthDeVo said:

I think they will reward a different 4* for the other side, like the previous runs.
    Even if that's the case, I'm looking at walking away with eight covers. A lot will likely be in the 6-7 range. That's a pretty decent haul. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm a little concerned about my alliance performing in Civil War to be honest lol. They're pretty casual, and haven't been showing up much for the last few. Civil War being semi-confusing on top of it all is telling me we'll probably not do so hot this time.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,309 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It seems like we will have one side with Ghost covers, so I’d recommend any alliance who has issues with participation focus on just that side.  Should be able to get the 3 covers if you have a few with champed’s 4’s playing.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks, although as a new 4* release, lagging behind some other characters, it won't be like she's doing that damage errry match.

Edit: HOWEVER HER COLORS PERFECTLY COMPLIMENT C4ROL CAPS LOCK!

However, don't save her for last. She's gonna be fun in one-on-xxx situations.
    Also only one colour overlap with America for massive match damage-o-rama!