This forum has outlived its usefulness

Options

Comments

• 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Lol, do you see all those guys with 550s running around?  There are a bunch of them now, and many more on the way.  They would have quit if the wins based system had been left in place, along with most of the other 5* players who put dollars into the game on a consistent basis.  Tiny vocal minority, sure, but a tiny vocal minority that injects loads of cash into the coffers.  Op was not thought through.
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @Brigby,

And now we all suffer with a 3 cover bank.

Moving from a 5 cover bank to a 3 cover bank means that you will waste, on average, 0.55 covers instead of 0.50. I'm not sure how to quantify suffering precisely, but I think we'll all get by somehow.

*hat tip to Hadronic* - https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/813285/#Comment_813285

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Also, I just want to say that the OP really doesn't make a good argument to support the title. Even if everything in that first post is taken as fact, there's so much more to these forums than just player feedback to Demiurge. We get details of new characters here, previews of upcoming events (if not always in time, but mostly), and, perhaps most importantly, they're a fantastic resource for newer players to come get advice about how to progress in the game. There's still plenty of usefulness here in general, even if perhaps not for the OP's specific purposes.
    A forum is a place for open discussion where ideas can be exchanged - that isn't what we have here.  Here we have a toxic community that actively works against the best interest of the playerbase as a whole with any pointed discourse being suppressed for fear of hurting the toxic snowflakes.

The rest of the info that is available is helpful for sure, but it's all announcements and info that typically exists in game, and would usually be better off without the comments from the peanut gallery.  There are other more healthy alternatives for that info than this forum.
    Have you ever spent any time viewing the following sub-forums?
    Tips & Guides
    Roster & Level Help
    Character Discussion
    Character Details
    Events, Tournaments, & Missions

I find your description of these forums and those of us who take a genuine interest in helping our fellow players, and discussing strategies, to be insulting. 
    Right. Many of us really enjoy the forums. So rather than YOU leaving because YOU don’t enjoy it and/or find it useless, we should shut it down completely. 

Makes sense. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Just as an FYI for those who are wondering why the OP is banned. It's NOT because they wished for the forum to be ended.

It turns out PenniesForEveryone was actually an alternate account for a previously banned account. Since alternate accounts are not allowed except for ban refutes, this resulted in their immediate and permanent ban.
    Oooo. Can this be tracked by IP address?  If so and we think there are others like this do we report it to you?  @Brigby
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    I'd rather not have this thread go off-topic, so I'll keep it brief. If you believe there is someone who has created an alternate account in the forum, then please feel free to message me and I can investigate. Thank you.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program!
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Just as an FYI for those who are wondering why the OP is banned. It's NOT because they wished for the forum to be ended.

It turns out PenniesForEveryone was actually an alternate account for a previously banned account. Since alternate accounts are not allowed except for ban refutes, this resulted in their immediate and permanent ban.
    mildly curious and mild off topic, could the thread be closed and deleted because of this? not for the sake of being his opinion and what not, but just becuase it is not constructive to any aspect of the game, forum, or player?
  • John Wayne74
    John Wayne74 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    The op is way off base here.  He is “assuming” decisions made by the developers are single handedly effected by the forums.  Unless he himself is a developer in this process, he has no way of knowing how much in game polls (that every single active player of the game has access too) are actually consider.  Also there is the “rating pole”, “would you recommend this to a friend” many many other ways that people voice their opinion about what they believe is holding the game back.  These options are not solely tied to the forums, nor are they being competed necessarily by the “vocal minority”.  We all have our wants and desires, but too assume that this forum is the only avenue chosen to make game changes is kinda simple minded.  Reddit.  Discord.  So many other places discussions are held.  I know people who use snap chat don’t like gas prices!  Don’t see snap chat effecting change on that issue now do you!!!  Twitter users likely don’t like global warming.  But they will get no where with their complaints as global warming decisions are solely effected by Facebook right?????

Point is, the forums are likely a very small (if any at all) part of the discussions to effect change in this game.  However, the forums do provide a proper and helpful guide to many many ways to play, to build your roster, to plan for upcoming changes or additions to the game.  The forums also provide a means of progression to the game by helping people merc, find alliances for permanent placement.  And most importantly, the forums provide another avenue of rectifying issues that one may personally have with their game.  A way to find assistance to help right a wrong in their roster or a false or missing reward.

The forums provide a place where people can discuss their opinions of the game and how they see it.  But not necessarily effect one bit of how the game is managed.
  • DrSesam
    DrSesam Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I basically agree with the original poster after having a quick look around these forums for some days. There are useful topics and chilled members to be found but not necessarily here in general discussion. This is more like a sathering (sad gathering) of old men, people who got old together with the game, play in 5-star-oph (old-people-home) and have nothing more to look forward to than to whine and moan about everything new. Dillution of fours! Whine whine! Saving covers! Whine whine! Gambit! Whine! Supports! Whine! Nobody ever listens to me! Whine! I think they can't accept the fact that the game after over 1000 hours of entertainment hasn't anything more to offer to them apart from competing in the always same Gambit-ghettos.

This was meant to be a journey where starting with 1 stars and gradually but slowly getting a better roster was the fun way to go at it and not to save up 300 covers so you can champ any new 5 star within mere seconds. Where's the fun about that? Who goes on playing "The Witcher 3" after he has done all the missions? It's the sad truth that every game get's boring after 100 hours and even quicker so the more money you poured into it, levelling up with bought gold. There even are some 5-star players who admit that they would love it when some 4-star players with a champed Gambit in their "baby-tiny-kitty roster" would quit the game.

This is old-people-talk from king's who lost their kingdom. I think it's time for THEM to quit and start something fresh and new in oder to get rejuvinated or else you will just get very bitter and your next of kin won't visit you any longer in lonely old 5 star land...
  • DrSesam
    DrSesam Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Indeed it's me. But to be on the safe side I moved to another location so my ip adress is not the same any longer! :-)
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DrSesam said:
    Indeed it's me. But to be on the safe side I moved to another location so my ip adress is not the same any longer! :-)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_asNhzXq72w
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow, my response was actually a joke. Didn't think it would actually be him! Hahahaa

I dont get why people go to those lengths to post on a forum. If you are that fed up with the place, stop coming. I just dont get it. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Daiches said:
    Oh look wins based pvp is back in the form of the most suggested fix on these forums by both sides of the argument. Perfect timing with this thread, D3. Excellent trolling of Pennies.
    To be honest I credit Discord far more than the forums. Late into the wins based season a dev asked what was so wrong with Wins based and people said all the things that had been on the forums for months and it seemed like news to them...

i agree with the OP, but for somewhat different reasons. The forums aren’t what they used to be. They aren’t fun anymore.  They aren’t a good source of info for the devs from what I can tell. And they are increasingly not the only source of game news (though they still are the best but the quality and timing is dropping).  

Ive come this close to posting something similar at least 4 times over the last 2 months. I even have a draft saved. At this point the only reason I still come here is the falicy of sunk costs and because it’s easier for an old fart like me to keep up with vs Discord and it’s constant stream of consciousness and sometimes multiple conversations at once. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:

Ive come this close to posting something similar at least 4 times over the last 2 months. I even have a draft saved. At this point the only reason I still come here is the falicy of sunk costs and because it’s easier for an old fart like me to keep up with vs Discord and it’s constant stream of consciousness and sometimes multiple conversations at once. 
    All that, and it's a lot harder to be on Discord while at work.